PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Calvin Johnson available in the near future?

Status
Not open for further replies.
BTW, I think the Lions are just a few pieces and a healthy Bradford (which is a question mark at this point if he can stay healthy) from being a legitimate playoff and possibly Super Bowl contender. They have been within a play or two of winning a bunch of games this year. With more experience and a few more players, they win those games. That could come as soon as next season.

The Washington Generals have a better shot at having a winning season than the Lions.

I'd love to have him for Our #1 and either our #2 or Minnesota's #3, keeping Oakland's #1 and Carolina's #2 and drafting a pass rusher and an O-lineman with those picks, AND signing Mankins.

That's a lot of conditions though, I know, but we DO have weaknesses to shore up and they are not in the receiving game. If you are going to shore up a strength you still have to do SOMETHING about the weaknesses.

Last edited:
Let's see .......

Matt Light unrestricted free agent in 2011
Logan Mankins unrestricted free agent in 2011
Dan Koppen last year of his contract in 2011
Stephen Neal last year of his contract in 2011
Nick Kaczur last year of his contract in 2012

From an offensive standpoint, it would be better served to expend those first round draft picks on a franchise left tackle in the 2011 NFL Draft and a quality offensive guard. Football games are won in the trenches.

Calvin Johnson isn't going anywhere.

Let's see .......

Matt Light unrestricted free agent in 2011
Logan Mankins unrestricted free agent in 2011
Dan Koppen last year of his contract in 2011
Stephen Neal last year of his contract in 2011
Nick Kaczur last year of his contract in 2012

From an offensive standpoint, it would be better served to expend those first round draft picks on a franchise left tackle in the 2011 NFL Draft and a quality offensive guard. Football games are won in the trenches.

This makes the most sense to me. WR doesn't really seem to be something we need atm. Additionally, it seems to me that BB never needs nor wants a "star" WR since it upsets the balance of things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back