PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Calvin Johnson available in the near future?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah...the Patriots never acquire a Wide Receiver thru trade...only FA and the draft....

Branch, Moss, Welker.....

4th, 4th, 2nd and 7th.......Johnson would be a 1st and 2nd at least, not a Pats type trade.

A receiver that stretches the field AND goes over the middle, and doesn't appear to be in the middle of some sort of mental breakdown? Why not? :cool:

The league can't allow Megatron going to Patriots, it would create a huge imbalance in the league. Patriots would be untouchable with a guy like that.

Calvin Johnson is the best receiver in the NFL, with that being said its not happening.

The madden in me would sign him in a heart-beat. The realist in me would rather spend my money on the defense or resigning Mankins. Brady seems to do just fine with "JAGs"

If Brady had Calvin Johnson it's be 2007 all over again. Maybe better than the best offense in NFL history. Brady throwing to Johnson, Welker, Branch, Hernandez, Gronkowski, Woodhead? That'd be something else altogether.

Johnson is in the exact same mold as fitzgerald for me... anyone who says they don't want them because of the whole this offense is fine without moss thing is crazy. They are damn good players who obviously from their comments are sick of losing.

Both run the whole rout tree and would be great on this team... do i expect it to happen? no but if it did i don't think there would be many on this board not happy

Wow manning has a bad defence huh

I really don't care for marquee type receivers anymore. Would it be nice? It sure would. I'm coming around to the mentality of receivers who do their job and an outstanding offensive line to give Brady the protection he needs.

I'd rather sign Mankins long term.

Never thought I'd say this but me too. I'm tired of big name received. Give me the Welkers, Branches, Edelpersons of the world and TFB and I'm set.

And we are the ONLY team in the league that has two. I can wait until the 33rd pick to see who the next Patriots rookie will be. Really lets do it.

Umm no. He's not worth two #1s. But I'd offer the Raiders 1st round pick for CJ straight up if the Lions feel they have no hope of resigning him. But that won't be till the offseason. This offense is scary enough even without a bona fide 'superstar' like CJ. The other guy I'd like here is Larry Fitzgerald. I think these are pipe dreams but in a year where the Pats have two 1sts, I would certainly consider giving up one of them to land one of those aforementioned guys.

Last edited:
Never thought I'd say this but me too. I'm tired of big name received. Give me the Welkers, Branches, Edelpersons of the world and TFB and I'm set.

He has the skills of Randy Moss and the attitude of Danny Woodhead. What the eff more could you want in a guy?

Do not want

1267053424_lotionpunch.gif

The Pats in a couple seasons:

C.Johnson
Fitz
Welker
Branch
Tate
Gronk
Hernandez

Multiple 19-0 seasons.

Megatron is the best reviever in the game bar none, sorry Fitzy. Guy does it against double teams every week and cannot be stopped.

we have the top ranked offense in the league and the 32nd ranked defense

explain to me why we'd want to spunk multiple top end draft picks an any offensive player

resigning mankins and light and getting a top 34 DE/OLB in the draft is what we need

and you know 2 of those 4 picks are going into next year

we have the top ranked offense in the league and the 32nd ranked defense

explain to me why we'd want to spunk multiple top end draft picks an any offensive player

resigning mankins and light and getting a top 34 DE/OLB in the draft is what we need

and you know 2 of those 4 picks are going into next year

I agree with this.

I'm sure Megatron can be great for our offense, but after seeing us tear through the better defenses (PIT/NY) the past couple of weeks, why would we want to commit a large percentage of our salary cap to a player that we really don't need? Our offense is humming right now, and while we could use a speedier guy on the outside, we really don't need to overspend and go get the top guy. Also, who knows, maybe Tate can continue to develop and be more involved.

I say we sign Mankins and Light, draft a LT with one of our higher picks and get a RB that can share the load with Benny (Ingram would be great). Then I would do whatever it takes (FA or draft) to get an edge rusher, which is what this team really needs.

I don't see the Lions ever trading or releasing Megatron. When his contract is up, he will most certainly be franchised. I don't see it realistic for the Pats to ever get him so I don't even want to discuss the possibility.

If the Pats have a shot at any stud WRs, it would be Fitzgerald. But I don't think Belichick is going to pay the price to get him after this season where Brady is probably playing the best football of his career without a stud WR.

BTW, I think the Lions are just a few pieces and a healthy Staffford (which is a question mark at this point if he can stay healthy) from being a legitimate playoff and possibly Super Bowl contender. They have been within a play or two of winning a bunch of games this year. With more experience and a few more players, they win those games. That could come as soon as next season.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back