PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Calvin Johnson available in the near future?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deus Irae

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Some ominous rumblings about his post-contract decisions, if you're a Lions fan:

Put it like this, if we turn this thing into a winner, I’m happy,” Johnson said. “I’ve won 11 games since I’ve been here in four years. Losing definitely sucks and you definitely don’t want to be around losing. You can’t get used to that. I can’t get used to it because I haven’t come from that. I’ve been used to winning. And if this thing can’t get turned around, man, like I said — I’m just going to leave it at I can’t get used to it. I want to win.”

Read more: Calvin Johnson on future with Lions: 'I want to win' | freep.com | Detroit Free Press Calvin Johnson on future with Lions: 'I want to win' | freep.com | Detroit Free Press

BB, leave some space under the cap, just in case.

I'd give a first and a second for him without even blinking. And please, don't come in here saying things like "The short passing game is working so well, why go back to the stretch the field days?". Calvin Johnson runs the whole route-tree and, by all accounts, isn't anywhere near the diva Randy Moss is. The guys is the best receiver in the NFL and could probably catch 18 TDs every year with Brady throwing him the football.

Welker and Calvin Johnson would be amazing. I think he would fit nicely in the Patriots system and would become part of quite a lethal offense. I'm not sure if I can see this happening but I will pray.

I'd jump on that too, but i don't think BB is after a star wide out or a deep threat. I would hate to see him go to a division rival though...

do want

now please

The question is, why would detroit do this? They need to sell tickets. I'd love to see him here but I think once Stafford is healthy and all they might be decent.

That would be off the charts. He is not a one trick pony.

The question is, why would detroit do this? They need to sell tickets. I'd love to see him here but I think once Stafford is healthy and all they might be decent.

When his contract is up he doesn't have to resign with the Lions.

Alright everybody, let's get those letters to Santa sent off asking for Johnson. Who's got room under there tree for him? :D

If Brady had Calvin Johnson it's be 2007 all over again. Maybe better than the best offense in NFL history. Brady throwing to Johnson, Welker, Branch, Hernandez, Gronkowski, Woodhead? That'd be something else altogether.

Last edited:
I'd give a first and a second for him without even blinking. And please, don't come in here saying things like "The short passing game is working so well, why go back to the stretch the field days?". Calvin Johnson runs the whole route-tree and, by all accounts, isn't anywhere near the diva Randy Moss is. The guys is the best receiver in the NFL and could probably catch 18 TDs every year with Brady throwing him the football.

Not to mention what is he like 15 years younger than Moss. Johnson is only gonna get better. And if we traded a 1st, 2nd and 3rd for him. We would have a normal complement of draft picks left over. We got more draft picks than roster spots. We can burn a couple.

Some people are acting like we can get him next season. He's under contract through 2012, unless the Pats trade for him (c'mon, you know the chances of that happening) we have to wait awhile to see.

You would need to give up two number 1's for Calvin Johnson. Either via straight-up trade value or due to franchise tag. Anything less is a pipe dream.

Sorry, ain't no receiver worth what's being thrown around in this thread.

I'd give a first and a second for him without even blinking. And please, don't come in here saying things like "The short passing game is working so well, why go back to the stretch the field days?". Calvin Johnson runs the whole route-tree

This .... :yeahthat: ... but I'd bargain down a bit ... maybe a 1 and 2 but they give back a 3.

Last edited:
I'd rather have Larry Fitz

Seems like a better fit for the Patriot way

Of course I hardly see or hear much of Johnson

Some people are acting like we can get him next season. He's under contract through 2012, unless the Pats trade for him (c'mon, you know the chances of that happening) we have to wait awhile to see.

Yeah...the Patriots never acquire a Wide Receiver thru trade...only FA and the draft....

Branch, Moss, Welker.....

When his contract is up he doesn't have to resign with the Lions.

Hm though he was signed really long, 2012 isn't that far off now. I guess if he refused to resign they'd just trade em. Maybe next offseason they'd do that?

You would need to give up two number 1's for Calvin Johnson.

And we are the ONLY team in the league that has two. I can wait until the 33rd pick to see who the next Patriots rookie will be. Really lets do it.

I'd rather have Larry Fitz

Seems like a better fit for the Patriot way

Of course I hardly see or hear much of Johnson

they're like one and the same

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back