PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Calling out He Ban Me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Explain where in thayt thread did I state the Colts were number 1??

In response to the post "Who is the 2nd best team in the NFL?" ...
Trick question

The Patriots are.

We-e-e-e-ll, thanks for answering your own question! Isn't that special? Do you think we're so stupid as to not understand what you implied with that post?

Are you related to Bill Polian? ... oops! Did I blow it there? Did I just insult the little turd and get myself banned? :D

Hey He Ban Me, how incredibly stubborn you are, insisting in various threads (this one in particular) that the Colts are still #1. Allow me to explain a few things to you.

You see, a few years ago the Patriots faced the Colts in the play-offs without two premier defenders at the time: Ty Law and Richard Seymour. Not to mention Tyrone Poole. The results? The Colts still could not win; the Pats held them to 3 measely points, totally dominated the 2nd half. Then they went on to win the championship in Pittsburgh, still without Law and Seymour.

During the regular season that same year, the Pats played stretches of games without their #1 receiver at the time, Deion Branch. How did they respond? They kept winning.What does any of this have to do with THIS season??

In fact, in 2003 and 2004, they Patriots broke records for "man games" lost due to injury while still managing winning records. And we're not talking about 9-7, we're talking about 14-2 each season. Including the longest winning streak in NFL history.Please define "man games"

Last season in the AFCC, despite missing Rodney and Junior, and in a hostile stadium, we came up only a minute short of a return to the Super Bowl.You kicked out butts for 28 minutes, we returned the favor for the last 32

But now when the Colts lose some players to injuries, what happens to them? Besides all the whining, that is?Discussing Colt injuries does not equal whining. I am already on record as stating I see it as a badge of honor. Sure, the WR's (and 17 available Offensive players) had something to do with the loss on Sunday, but in the end, clearly the Colts COULD have won that game. Hey, they came up short. AV wasn't injured, and PM wasn't injured. That miss happened regardless of injuries

Sanders goes down last year, and suddenly the run defense SUCKS. The worse in NFL history. YThe run D was pretty porous WITH Sanders. It was all around bad. He certainly made a difference, but I don't attribute the playoff turn around solely to him

They lose a couple of receivers this year, and suddenly Peyton Manning SUCKS. 6 interceptions IN ONE GAME!I don't think he suddenly sucks. Some outstanding defensive plays, some give ups by receivers and some poor decision making by PM

Does a pattern begin to emerge here? On top of everything else, what makes the Patriots the better team is their DEPTH. On the other hand, the Colts have no DEPTH. We lose a few "key" players, but the machine rolls on; perhaps we lose a game, but we win many more. But the Colts, the flashy machine they are when they're healthy, if they lose a few key players, it all grinds to a screeching halt. Consecutive losses. The football world now sees what a fragile, shallow team the Colts really are.Screeching halt my rear. We lost to one of the League's top teams, and we turn around the next week and lose to a team that was wholly embarrassed on the road the week before. Their D was certainly much better this past week, but truely, SD should be more embarrassed than the Colts for the pathetic effort otherwise.

Injuries are part of the game, get used to it. The better teams have the DEPTH to help absorb such injuries. Which makes the Patriots hands down the better team than the Colts. The Colts always wear down as the season goes on, starting their seasons undefeated, but crawling into the postseason. In contrast, the Patriots always gain steam as a season rolls on (which should really be scaring a few folks as this current season unfolds).Oohh, scare me:eek: "We have depth yes we do, we have depth, how bout you!?"

And two weeks ago, the Patriots marched into Indy, and despite the noise and the heat and the fouling officials, they beat the Colts. Yes, you're right, in a lot of ways, the Colts did beat themselves: by madly rushing Tom Brady and disrupting his game, they ultimately paid the price when they ran out of gas in the 4th quarter, at which time the Pats were able to assert their dominance. There's that depth thing again.Great win, we blew it. Held the greatest QB in the universe to very pedestrian numbers for 3+ quarters. So pedestrian, that folks were seen jumping off the bandwagon left and right on this site

The Patriots are undisputed #1, not just because the Colts were riddled with injuries, but because they did not have the depth to cover for those injuries and defend their house (and eventually, their championship). For you to deny that the Pats are #1 is nothing but sheer obstinance.Who the hell really gives a crap who is "number 1" in November?? This has been the Patriot mantra for years. Why all the hubbub now??

Colts are not done.

Compared to IndyStar for Colts fans vs non Colts fans (especially Pats fans)?

While I took your post about the Pats to be a good natured jab you really cannot complain about your treatment here overall. You have good points on somethings but you're hardly the innocent bystander who never tries to stir the pot.
I agree. Not complaining, I understand the rules of the exchange. Some folks are a little more sensative than others, and of course, I know this.

"man games" are the same as man hours meaning if you are missing 4 people for 1 game then that equals 4 man games. those are mangames

"man games" are the same as man hours meaning if you are missing 4 people for 1 game then that equals 4 man games. those are mangames

Do you have the final numbers on "man games" missed those seasons?? Do you count ALL players on roster, just starters? IOW, what about a ST's starter??

I have no issue with people talking about the Colt's injuries, but I just have one question:

Why was it whining to point out that Indy's "returing the favor" over the final 32 minutes of the AFCCG just happened to coincide with NE losing most of their defense and their top 2 RBs? It is, in fact, the truth - and the most recent matchup went a long way towards proving this to be so.

Last edited:
He's been dead to me for a long time. The only time I get to see his nonsense is when someone "quotes" him or in this case somone calling him out in a thread title. Starting a thread calling someone out is ususally frowned upon under the forum rules, but in this case it doesn't seem personal.

But a fast track to the Vistiing Locker Room flame forum could be in this threads future.

Ian is not too happy about posters here bashing other sites. He is also not happy on starting threads calling other posters out.

I would say that the content of this violates both of those things. How about we don't do that, and you guys can flame away at each other on threads not designed to bash other sites or call other posters out.

Thank you very much.

Can you make up your mind?

what makes the Patriots the better team is their DEPTH. On the other hand, the Colts have no DEPTH. We lose a few "key" players, but the machine rolls on; perhaps we lose a game, but we win many more.Injuries are part of the game, get used to it. The better teams have the DEPTH to help absorb such injuries. Which makes the Patriots hands down the better team than the Colts.

So this is the same DEPTH that folded in the second half of the AFCCG last year? The same DEPTH the Pats fans were whinning about the injuries to?

the Colts were riddled with injuries, but because they did not have the depth to cover for those injuries and defend their house (and eventually, their championship). For you to deny that the Pats are #1 is nothing but sheer obstinance.

(and eventually, their championship). I bet that same crystal ball told you the Pats were going to win the last two Super Bowls.

I have no issue with people talking about the Colt's injuries, but I just have one question:

Why was it whining to point out that Indy's "returing the favor" over the final 32 minutes of the AFCCG just happened to coincide with NE losing most of their defense and their top 2 RBs? It is, in fact, the truth - and the most recent matchup went a long way towards proving this to be so.
It was whining because when we whined, we were called out. What goes around comes around. This years squads have nothing much to do with last years. And as ColtinIraq suggests, WTF was the "depth" last year?

It was whining because when we whined, we were called out. What goes around comes around. This years squads have nothing much to do with last years. And as ColtinIraq suggests, WTF was the "depth" last year?

Ummm...... not at all.

I will grant you that neither team is the same as last year, so I probably shouldn't have said that.

But NE was legitimately as beat up as Indy was against SD. Pointing out that fact and lamenting what might have been is the exact same thing that Indy fans are doing now. If you call that whining then you lose the priviledge of mentioning one single Indy injury ever again.

Ummm...... not at all.

I will grant you that neither team is the same as last year, so I probably shouldn't have said that.

But NE was legitimately as beat up as Indy was against SD. Pointing out that fact and lamenting what might have been is the exact same thing that Indy fans are doing now. If you call that whining then you lose the priviledge of mentioning one single Indy injury ever again.

Is this true? Colts ended the game with 5 offensive lineman able to play, at all, they were going to put Utecht a TE or Quinn Pit**** a DE if they got injured. Now that one guy who played DB for the Pats who was a receiver, that is impressive, but I do not remember those teams being down to almost half there starters out, I could be wrong. As far as excuses, read my signature.... I agree.

HBM has over 1500 posts. :eek: When did you start SEP. 07? Prolly got more here than on the colts board. :confused:

Calling out a Mod or are you just questioning his point of view in a thread titled "calling out"? Pass the popcorn.

I am asking why there isn't consistency in his mod actions. It's ok to call out He_Ban_Me, but not NEM. Then the thread is mysteriously moved so the rest of the board cannot see the inconsistency. hmmmmmmmmm. What a coincidence.

Is this true? Colts ended the game with 5 offensive lineman able to play, at all, they were going to put Utecht a TE or Quinn Pit**** a DE if they got injured. Now that one guy who played DB for the Pats who was a receiver, that is impressive, but I do not remember those teams being down to almost half there starters out, I could be wrong. As far as excuses, read my signature.... I agree.

The following guys missed most if not all of those final 32 minutes HBM talked about:

Harrison
Wilson
Hawkins
Sanders
Seymour
Colvin
Gay
Seau
Wright
Dillon
Faulk
Maroney

Then add in the fact that Vrabel was playing inside with severe back pain. Wilfork had the flu and Bruschi was out of position as the SILB. Only 3 of NE's normal starters (RCB, LCB and RDE) were healthy and in the same position for that game. The safties were down to two #3 guys. There was a very good reason why Clark blew up in that game and it wasn't just his talent. Notice that he has been a virtual non-factor in every other game against NE.

Once NE's offense became the Heath Evans show, it was pretty easy to stop and NE really has to thank their special teams for even getting the points that they did. Those short drives only further aided Indy in their attack on the depleted NE defense.

Indy deserved to win the game. It is just that they beat a severely depleted team. People (not just Colt fans) never seem to want to face this reality. But a reality it is.

Last edited:
So this is the same DEPTH that folded in the second half of the AFCCG last year? The same DEPTH the Pats fans were whinning about the injuries to?
Huh? :confused:

As stated, we came within a hair of winning the AFCC in a hostile environment. How is this inconsistent with the rest of my post?

Were it not for our depth, we never would have made it past a talented San Diego team, never mind push your colts to the edge.

Ummm...... not at all.

Last year CCG was equivalent to this seasons SD game for us??

11/11/07 Raheem Brock DT neck questionable for Sun 11/11. OUT
11/11/07 Dallas Clark TE concussion questionable for Sun 11/11. OUT
11/11/07 Daniel Federkeil T concussion questionable for Sun 11/11. OUT

11/11/07 Matt Giordano S hamstring out for Sun 11/11. OUT
11/11/07 Anthony Gonzalez WR hand out for Sun 11/11. OUT
11/11/07 Tyjuan Hagler LB neck questionable for Sun 11/11. OUT
11/11/07 Marvin Harrison WR knee questionable for Sun 11/11. OUT
11/11/07 Marlin Jackson CB foot questionable for Sun 11/11. IN
11/11/07 Freddy Keiaho LB ear questionable for Sun 11/11. OUT
11/11/07 Tony Ugoh T neck questionable for Sun 11/11. OUT

during the game, we lost 3 additional players. Do we get to count the guys on IR as well? Legit question. Not sure if you are going to include those guys in your rebuttal or not.

Now, as far as "lamenting", MYSELF?? I am far from lamenting. I am the guy keeping track for the rest of the season our "games lost" by starters. You will not find it anywhere where I have used injuries as any sort of an excuse. Speaking of the injuries does NOT equal whining about them. Certainly, I think had INDY had even a few of these players available, they could have won the game, but again., INJURIES had nothing to do with a chip shot miss. Injuries, IMO, had very little to do with the 6 picks, many of those plays were poor decisions, poor throws, or great athletic plays by the defense. NO excuses.

The following guys missed most if not all of those final 32 minutes HBM talked about:

Harrison
Wilson
Hawkins
Sanders
Seymour
Colvin
Gay
Seau
Wright
Dillon
Faulk
Maroney

Then add in the fact that Vrabel was playing inside with severe back pain. Wilfork had the flu and Bruschi was out of position as the SILB. Only 3 of NE's normal starters (RCB, LCB and RDE) were healthy and in the same position for that game. The safties were down to two #3 guys. There was a very good reason why Clark blew up in that game and it wasn't just his talent. Notice that he has been a virtual non-factor in every other game against NE.

Once NE's offense became the Heath Evans show, it was pretty easy to stop and NE really has to thank their special teams for even getting the points that they did. Those short drives only further aided Indy in their attack on the depleted NE defense.

Indy deserved to win the game. It is just that they beat a severely depleted team. People (not just Colt fans) never seem to want to face this reality. But a reality it is.
I realize some of those guys were out, but it seems like many of them did play (at least minimally) in the second half. Dillon is all on you as well. "relying" on that guy was NE's fault.

Last year CCG was equivalent to this seasons SD game for us??

11/11/07 Raheem Brock DT neck questionable for Sun 11/11. OUT
11/11/07 Dallas Clark TE concussion questionable for Sun 11/11. OUT
11/11/07 Daniel Federkeil T concussion questionable for Sun 11/11. OUT

11/11/07 Matt Giordano S hamstring out for Sun 11/11. OUT
11/11/07 Anthony Gonzalez WR hand out for Sun 11/11. OUT
11/11/07 Tyjuan Hagler LB neck questionable for Sun 11/11. OUT
11/11/07 Marvin Harrison WR knee questionable for Sun 11/11. OUT
11/11/07 Marlin Jackson CB foot questionable for Sun 11/11. IN
11/11/07 Freddy Keiaho LB ear questionable for Sun 11/11. OUT
11/11/07 Tony Ugoh T neck questionable for Sun 11/11. OUT

during the game, we lost 3 additional players. Do we get to count the guys on IR as well? Legit question. Not sure if you are going to include those guys in your rebuttal or not.

Now, as far as "lamenting", MYSELF?? I am far from lamenting. I am the guy keeping track for the rest of the season our "games lost" by starters. You will not find it anywhere where I have used injuries as any sort of an excuse. Speaking of the injuries does NOT equal whining about them. Certainly, I think had INDY had even a few of these players available, they could have won the game, but again., INJURIES had nothing to do with a chip shot miss. Injuries, IMO, had very little to do with the 6 picks, many of those plays were poor decisions, poor throws, or great athletic plays by the defense. NO excuses.

I think it is perfectly reasonable to conclude that the list above of NE players is comparative. It certainly is in the ballpark even if you want to give the edge to Indy.

But I still don't understand why discussing NE missing players = whining, but discussing Indy injuries = fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back