PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Calling all Pats fans that don't live in the New England area

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interestingly enough, when you talk to people face to face about this issue, most people think it's no big deal (every team does this kind of stuff, etc)..

Once my co-workers got done messing with me, not a single one thought it was a big deal.

I live in Nothern Virginia. Just got back from a Boy Scout function where I wore my colors and I took it in the chops. Actually, they took it easy on me only because through the years they know how serious I am about this. I guess they thought I might lose it. They wished me luck anyway and added they thought we'd beat the Chargers. Yesterday at my son's high school football game it was a different story entirely. There are a lot of people who really don't like us out there, are happily watching this, and hoping for more.

I've gotten some traction on the fact that Brady would be making about 20K a year if nobody had invented the video camera and by asking 'Just how bad can one more camera at a Football game be?'

I haven't had any luck at all with the premise that Godell probably told BB specifically not to do this, in addition to the letter, and bb thumbed his nose at him. Which would make this more about Godell establishing who the boss is, than it is about cheating.

I live about 20 miles northeast of the stadium. I figured other parts of the country were more rational about this.

North Carolina here, I just get idiots who think that the pats are cheaters but thier belovid panthers would never steel signals.

What part of NC? I am in Durham and feel the same as the thread starter - its just been a long long week to be a Pats fan outside of NE.

I got a text from one of my friends but that's it. I expect that I'll get some flak in Texas Stadium when the Pats are playing though.

Nashville, TN here. Our two local radio hick-jockeys were calling on everyone to grab torches and pitchforks and get the hounds out. Once someone reminded these dumbarses that Belichick is in New England, they changed the subject for a bit.

Philly here. Me and my kids ( who had the guts to wear Pats jerseys to school) got abuse such as " Eagles would have won the SB if Pats didn't cheat".....
Yeah and we made Andy Reid mangle a clock worse than Salvador Dali and made McNabb puke at crunch time like Jamie Fox in that Pacino movie.....

yes...i faced the same problem here too

I'm in LA and the people hang on to the "they cheated" line. When I asked them how, they don't know or start with the stealing signals thing. When they find out that stealing signals isn't cheating, they move one.

Also, most think it affected the Jet game. They don't know the tape was taken in the first half.

I've seen this same reaction in politics. The media reports one idea and holds on to it and dances around it. I usually like Boomer, but I heard him this morning and he did the same thing - talked about taited Super Bowls. He is trying to dance around it too. Don't talk specifically about stealing signals or such things, only talk about "cheating" and "reputation".

Hawaii here;/. all my friends been calling me all week screw them their raider fans I feel sorry for them

I live in Pittsburgh, moved from Boston 3 years ago. People at work had lots of fun with it, one guy used a card board box and some home made Patriot Logo's and made a video camera. I got ribbed all day, which I gave back. Next day, I had Bruschi Jersey. They loved it, it was more fun then painful, I supposed it's because I wasn't taking anything seriously. My inlaws won't bring it up unless I do !

Last edited:
I have been a Patriot fan my entire life and I live in Dallas, Texas. This week has been one of the longest ever as a fan. I've been getting bombarded from every angle. Everyday that I walk into work I get "New England Cheaters!" or "Some genius your coach is!". It's been brutal. Anyone else going through the same BS?

For those of you who live in Boston or the surrounding areas, what is the general opinion on the situation?

im hear in new york so i get the worst of everything

What part of NC? I am in Durham and feel the same as the thread starter - its just been a long long week to be a Pats fan outside of NE.

Charlotte/Concord area.

I'm in the DC area, and had someone in an elevator that noticed my hat
ask me if I had a video camera on me.

After I asked him whether or not he still possessed the will to live, he
went on and on about how overblown the whole topic has become and
how Mangackass is a crap coach etc...

We ended up leaving the building together and as I got into my car I
noticed him getting into his car. He had an "NY" (Yankees) sticker and
JETS helmet sticker on the back of it.

I'm in San Francisco. I am getting it doublely bad since I've routinely have bashed Bonds about as bad as anyone for the last few years. Harrison's suspension combined with Cameragate have made my time spent at the sportsbars extremely limited. Luckily this game is on national TV so I can watch from my house and as a bonus I didn't have to set my alarm clock for 9:00AM to catch the pregame show.

It's been OK here. It's been cool, so I've rocked the Belichick hoody. Some people say crap, but in general I only get a lot of **** from a buddy of mine who's from San Diego. In part because I laid into him about Merroids last year.

Sigmund Freud called it "penis envy". The little girls are just jealous.

//

I live in southeast Texas and it's been very positive. Everyone I've talked to has said the same thing, it's overblown because the Patriots are a good team.

I called up a former boss that is a big football fan and while he tried to throw in a couple friendly shots, he agreed that this is simply the story of the hour and it's being made into a bigger situation then it is.

I'm in Atlanta.

Falcons fans ain't saying ****.

;)

:bricks:

Some people say that it's not that Belichick "cheated", but why the idiot got caught doing it.

I hear this more than anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back