PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Calling All Patriots Fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christopher_Price

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
I am putting together a book that deals with the Patriots, and I’m looking for the input of a few good fans. If you’re a New England football fan who goes all the way back to Schaefer Stadium, Jim Plunkett and Mike Holovak — and have the time to sit down for an interview this summer — drop me a line at [email protected]. Thanks in advance for your time.

Will be in touch!!

i have sent you an e.mail...ciao

This is great. Good Luck with the project.

NEM said:
I just emailed you.

Jim Plunket? Heck NEM probably personally remembers Patriots like Sam Adams, Paul Revere and Nathaniel Greene.

Last edited:
It's Plunkett not Plunket....I officially hate you now

Was a big fan of Plunkett's....you screw up his name, you die...it's all black and white in Joker World

Joker said:
Was a big fan of Plunkett's....you screw up his name, you die...it's all black and white in Joker World

Clearly you just have no sense of humor.

Neither did Plunkett by the time he left N.E.

JoeSixPat said:
Jim Plunket? Heck NEM probably personally remembers Patriots like Sam Adams, Paul Revere and Nathaniel Greene.

NEM remembers when they played at Nickerson Field...;) Surprised there is no statue of NEM...probably one of the first to ever slap Sullivan upside the head for being so stupid during the Wacko Jacko years after being so smart starting the team.

NEM ... perhaps you and some other 1960 fans (I was in diapers) could tell some stories of Nickerson Field and Fenway park in a sticky...then Chris could lift some of those off the thread...so we could all share.:D

Joker said:

Okay there Methboy, calm down. I was a big fan of Patrick Swayze back in the day but if people spelled his name wrong, you didn't see me stop dirty dancing! LOL :singing:

I'm not a Patriot fan, but perhaps you could add a section in your book on the proposed retractable roof stadium Boston almost built in the 60's. The Patriots could have been playing in a retractable roof stadium 30 years or so before the first one opened in the NFL.

Does anyone have a link to pictures or an article on it? I always thought that was fascinating - science fiction like.

Great idea on the book of stories, I don't think mine story qualifies for the true early days but during the late seventies my seven brothers and I (height 6'2" to 6'9") played hoop for local charities for 3 years, when we were 50 lbs younger...:) against the 76-79 Patriots in their offseason....Andy Johnson, Matt Hasselbeck, Stanley Morgan, **** Conn, Rod Shoate, Ray Hamilton, Steve Grogan, Tim Fox, Mike Haynes and some other teammates.
It was great fun for us to meet, play against them and party with them at our home after a few of the games. More importantly, they were all a great bunch of guys that were accessible and spent alot of time with their NH fans By the way, we beat them by 5 points the first year. We knew from playing them the first year that they definitely DIDN'T like to lose at anything...so they recruited better talent the second year with Stanley ( My knees are in your face when I shoot over you) Morgan, Don ( By the way...Did you know I balled ball at Kentucky with Rick Robey?) Hasellbeck, and Andy( I was a tri-sport all state high school athlete in high school) Johnson, and ....yep, they beat us by 5 the second time... the third year?......By the way, how do you keep a Pats fan in suspense?......

Whoa! My brother who lives in Bedford NH also played exhibition games vs that era's Pats. He's just 6' 1".

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye