PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Calling all flip-floppers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willie55

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Those of you who said Brady should be benched, calling for more Maroney, questioning the FO, and all the other posts that were made this week, stand up and take a bow.

I know it was the now 4-6 and Packers, but being able to dominate like that anytime in the NFL , especially against a team that had won three straight, playing on the frozen tundra of the hallowed ground of Lambeau Field, was pretty impressive.

Just remember a search can be done to find what you wrote last week.

Last edited:
I still think their offense lacked continuity. In the first half the majority of the passes went to the te's and rb's. I like their new wrinkle of two rb's in the back field, but they ran the same play with caldwell in the left slot too many times. They are still pretty predictable. I liked the caldwell long bomb, I just don't get why they don't send chad jackson on this with his speed.

I liked the toss runs to maroney and the short passes that have the potential to turn into runs(his td run as a prime example).

Still no screens from my recollection...why?

And maroney got more carries than average due to dillon's temporary absence.

The first half was impressive, the second half was against rodgers.

They better resolve the secondary issue in the offseason and draft a top cd or two. It's ridiculous brown is playing cb.

Willie55 said:
Those of you who said Brady should be benched, calling for more Maroney, questioning the FO, and all the other posts that were made this week, stand up and take a bow.

I know it was the now 4-6 and Packers, but being able to dominate like that anytime in the NFL , especially against a team that had won three straight, playing on the frozen tundra of the hallowed ground of Lambeau Field, was pretty impressive.

I didn't say anything along these lines this past week, but I'll say right now that the FO and BB/SP let a lot of key team members slip away this past spring/summer.

How can the Pats still be some $13 million under the cap and allow Branch, Givens, and AV get away???!! Makes absolutely no sense to me. Keep a few million for emergency replacements, but use the other ten for re-signing players who have brought success for the Pats these past five years.

But I still remember Harry Frazzee and the other owners of Boston franchises who rather cash in on fans loyalty than aggressively pursue winning teams as consistently as they could and should.

And what's with the lack of imagination on offense?? Put in some plays that will work, like some screen passes, eh!

//

I was in the chat room and it was amazing how many people were being negative about this win. "It's only the Packers". Umm, excuse me, but when you've lost 2 straight (both at home!), you shouldn't be picky about how you win or against whom.

Screens? Would love to see 'em. The TE screen to either Graham or Watson would be nice to see against the Bears next week, letting their agressive nature allow for over pursuit.

Maroney will continue to take carries away from Dillon, I think, as long as he is able to effectively move the chains. Simplistic analysis I know, but it is true. Let Corey do the hard running in December and in the playoffs.

I liked the look with Faulk out wide and Brown and Maorney in the backfield. Faulk got open very easily as he came in motion toward the formation. It looks, to me, like BB and JM are beginning to get a little more creative. Let's remember, in both Patriot Reign AND The Education of a Coach, we learn that BB likes to use the same plays over and over again in one part of the year to set up other plays with the same look later in the year. They practice some plays every day to only use them once or twice all year (see the direct snap to faulk in SB38 on the two point conversion).

They are opening up the offense a little more when the opponent is right. Now, IMO, with the wr's getting more comfortable and more acquainted with the offense, we will see the offense begin to dictate terms a little more a la 2003 and 2004.

The defensive backfield is a mess and I agree with you MrBigglesworth, the FO needs to address that this spring. However, if the Pats can generate a rush with the 3 down linemen and one lb, that leaves three lb's to drop back and cover some of the holes. Some bend-don't break might be enough if the offense can score in bunches like we have seen this year.

the biggest thing that is making me mad is how people were saying how this was going to be a tough game before the game and now saying, well its just the packers! WTF?!?!
anyway, big win for the confidence of the guys going into a huge home game next weekend.

Agreed, the defense is limiting points scored. What more cann you ask?

Agreed, the defense is limiting points scored. What more can you ask?

MrBigglesWorth said:
Agreed, the defense is limiting points scored. What more cann you ask?

Do it better against the Colts, Broncs, and Jets (!!).

//

Fogbuster said:

In the Jets and Colts games it was more that the offense sputtered and/or turned the ball over too many times.

The only issue I have with the defense in either of those games is why the Pats' db's were lining up so far off of the Colts' wr's.

Vs. Denver the offense didn't show up and the defense was beaten twice on long passes/poor tackling.

Fogbuster said:

//

27 points to the Colts with 5 TO's, I would say that is pretty good.

Broncos 17 points

Jets 17 points twice.

You can't pin any of those losses on the defense.

MrBigglesWorth said:
I still think their offense lacked continuity. In the first half the majority of the passes went to the te's and rb's. I like their new wrinkle of two rb's in the back field, but they ran the same play with caldwell in the left slot too many times. They are still pretty predictable. I liked the caldwell long bomb, I just don't get why they don't send chad jackson on this with his speed.

I liked the toss runs to maroney and the short passes that have the potential to turn into runs(his td run as a prime example).

Still no screens from my recollection...why?

And maroney got more carries than average due to dillon's temporary absence.

The first half was impressive, the second half was against rodgers.

They better resolve the secondary issue in the offseason and draft a top cd or two. It's ridiculous brown is playing cb.

There was absolutely no pass rush or blitzing on Brady, why would you throw a screen pass. The offense was close to flawless today.

Willie55 said:

Do the search and I think all you'll see from me is criticisms of the playcalling and a calling out of the receivers to see if they can add consistency to their repetoire.

Those questions both need to be answered over the remainder of the season as the entire offense has been inconsistent all season - though I have a feeling if things still aren't going well in week 16 we'll have plenty of people still calling for us to give Brady and his receivers "more time" to get to know each other

I don't think they had any screens against the jets. A screen today would have been another opportunity to get maroney open in space to make a play.

Although they scored 35 points I thought the pats benefited from two plays early on. The first was the no call on hobbs with jennings for PI. The second was the graham call that set up great field position. Reverse those two calls and the storyline of this game could be dramatically different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes