PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Callers on weei highly confident pats take it

Status
Not open for further replies.
in other news callers on Weei are pretty sure tomorrow is sunday, and that they snow on the ground is pretty cold.

I suppose but im so used to hearing mccourty's name whenever it is a PI. Regardless if it wasn't a PI than it was def a big gain for the opposing team because he just wasn't in position to make a play. The kid would barely turn around to see where the ball was. Anyway, he's making out to be a much better safety so that makes up for it.

Again, the problem here is your memory. He allowed only a couple of long passes. McCourty played extremely well at corner this year, in fact outside of 2 plays in the Bmore game, which like you are saying here, people perceive as 50 plays, he was EXCELLENT at corner.

I'd be ok with that. :D

The Ravens aren't that great in the red zone and we're decent (on defense, the best on offense). Being able to run will be important, but even more important will be to take what they seem to be giving us.

We had 33 first downs against them in week 3. Our offense has improved and their defense has declined.

I view the 'old and tired' line of reasoning as secondary in this game. The Pats would win comfortably even if the Ravens were well rested. The Pats are a far superior team. We lost to these guys by 1 point early in the season when our defense was atrocious and our offense was struggling mightily to sustain drives...and we were @ Baltimore. Meanwhile, the Ravens were playing their best ball of the season. Despite the recent hype around the Ray Lewis farewell tour, the play on the field really hasn't improved much.

In the First game Flacco completed 3 passes of over 30 yds and was 7/14 for 201 yds on deep passes. The Pats have allowed TWO plays over 30 yards in the last 8 games. How do you think that is going to play out this time?

I'm rarely surprised by the outcome of an NFL game, so even if the Ravens come in and kick our ass, I will not be surprised. Based on what I'm seeing on the field and recent history, I EXPECT this to be an easy win for the Pats with a potentially embarrassing blow out if the Ravens get gassed early. I just think the way the Pats have progressed since the first meeting is not only significant, but the areas they made the biggest improvements directly counteract the strengths of the Ravens. It could get really ugly out there.

I suppose gauging people's interests, perceptions, and overall sentiments towards the game isn't important to you but then why waste time writing about it. Just ignore the thread.
Just wanted to make the comparison to last week when most people were hanging off the edge of their chair when the pats were going to face the texans....

I mean when you think about how the defense has changed from week 3 to now, it makes u wonder how teams didn't put up more points against us.
Mccourty with his constant pass interference calls or players walking right past arrington. I think for the first time in a long time, the pats have a complete team. The D is by no means going to shut down the Ravens but they wont let them do what they did in week 3 or in Denver last week.
One more day to go!!!! Can't wait
Wow, I guess my ability express my feelings isn't good in this case. In fact, I am very interested in others' perceptions. I was responding to a poster who claimed he was annoyed by this thread. My point was that if s/he was annoyed, s/he has/had options - such as ignoring the thread.

WEEI is still broadcasting?? :confused:

I just think ray Lewis's last game will be the one that Brady finally figures out their D and puts up monster numbers. Just have that feeling for some reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ravens fans are equally confident as well, especially with all of the "destiny" talk being shoved down their throats by the local Baltimore media and the ball-washing for a low-life, thug like Ray Lewis. I like the Pats chances, but am no where near confident that it will be a double-digit win. Until history proves otherwise, the Ravens have ALWAYS played the Pats close and given Brady fits. I'm hoping he finally comes through and sends Ray Lewis sulking into the sunset with his tail between his legs.

I too am growing tired of the 'destiny' talk. When I hear that all I can think of is the 1950's Marty McFly in the first Back to the Future movie telling Lea Thompson, "you are my density".

Two weeks ago the Colts and Chuck Pagano were the AFC Team of Destiny

Two weeks ago the Vikings and Adrian Peterson were the NFC Team of Destiny

One week ago the Broncos and Peyton Manning were the Team of Destiny

There are some reasons why the Ravens could win; being the Team of Destiny is not one of them.

Last edited:
I too am growing tired of the 'destiny' talk. When I hear that all I can think of is the 1950's Marty McFly in the first Back to the Future movie telling Lea Thompson, "you are my density".

Two weeks ago the Colts and Chuck Pagano were the AFC Team of Destiny

Two weeks ago the Vikings and Adrian Peterson were the NFC Team of Destiny

One week ago the Broncos and Peyton Manning were the Team of Destiny

There are some reasons why the Ravens could win; being the Team of Destiny is not one of them.

Actually, Seattle was the consensus NFC team of destiny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes