Callahan article on Brady

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsRI

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
http://patriots.bostonherald.com/patriots/view.bg?articleid=1003068
Good article summing up the offseason in regards to Brady.

"Some time next week or the week after, the Patriots will likely open their locker room and allow the media a free shot at their star quarterback. It won’t be the most comfortable day of Brady’s career, but maybe he can look at the bright side: At least they’ll be asking about two beautiful women and not 66 vicious dogs."

"Brady will have to deal with plenty of dumb questions, but none as dumb as the one I heard yesterday. My editor asked how I thought Brady would handle his first press conference since he became a) an expectant father, and b) the traveling companion of the world’s top supermodel.

How will he handle it? When’s the last time he handled anything, you know, poorly? Does anyone actually think he’s going to go all Ozzie Guillen on the media? No chance. "

--------------------
No matter what you think of him on the radio/politics he is still a great columnist. He even takes a shot at his own editor.

No matter what you think of him on the radio/politics he is still a great columnist. He even takes a shot at his own editor.

Calling your editor "dumb" in your own paper is not something I would have done when a journalist - although I wasn't short of dumb editors - maybe Callahan is looking to do a Borges.

Calling your editor "dumb" in your own paper is not something I would have done when a journalist - although I wasn't short of dumb editors - maybe Callahan is looking to do a Borges.
I'm sure the editor saw the piece before print. Maybe they are friends or Callahan is secure in his position. Either way it's not something you see every day.

I'm sure his editor approved of it, it's an extention of self-deprecating humor and if readers like it then they see it as a good thing.

Last edited:
There was some good writing in that article...quite refreshing, actually.

Callahan is amazing.

He really is one of the cleverest, sharpest sports columnists in the area.

In person, however, he is a total dolt, lacking charm, wit or even basic intelligence at times.

I am talking about his radio show, since I've never met him.

Callahan proves, once again, that he's the best columnist in the city, ahead of Ryan.

If I were at his first press conference, my question would be:
WTF were you thinking on 3rd and 4? And why wasn't Dave Thomas involved?

I liked this column up until Callahan called Corey Dillon's criminal past worst than Randy Moss'. That's when I stopped reading. I couldn't think of anything that Dillon did in the past that could compare to the traffic cop incident.

Callahan proves, once again, that he's the best columnist in the city, ahead of Ryan.

If I were at his first press conference, my question would be:
WTF were you thinking on 3rd and 4? And why wasn't Dave Thomas involved?

Bingo. But really, don't you think he's already asked HIMSELF those questions, a MILLION times since then? What's done is done. We need to be grateful. Before we know it, he'll be gone and it'll all be just a memory.

I liked this column up until Callahan called Corey Dillon's criminal past worst than Randy Moss'. That's when I stopped reading. I couldn't think of anything that Dillon did in the past that could compare to the traffic cop incident.

I could be wrong, I hope I'm wrong, but wasn't Dillon involved in an incident where he beat his wife? or something like that?

He's right...
-Charged with seven offences as a juvenile, including a conviction for conspiracy to sell coacaine.
-Arrested for drunk driving in 1998, pled guilty to negligent driving
-Charged with fourth-degree assault on his wife in 2000.

He's right...
-Charged with seven offences as a juvenile, including a conviction for conspiracy to sell coacaine.

I stand corrected.

Callahan is pretty good.

I actually thought he had left the building (so to speak). He and John Dennis are by far the worst show on WEEI, it is almost like they have never seen a sporting event in their life. But as bad as they are having them together is better than the string of endless co-hosts that they have brought in for the last 2-3 weeks. I jump between them and Mike & Mike, it is nice to have an alternate station to listen to when D&C veer away from sports.

The article was very good, even if he is a Tom Brady ball-washer (Brady appears on their show each Monday and it is must listen to radio).

The humor reminded me of Bill Simmons, I like the idea of keeping it light after all it is only sports, not point getting high and mighty.

Like Callahan in print, do not care for his stuff on the radio.. his angry white man stuff gets tiring...

Callahan is amazing.

He really is one of the cleverest, sharpest sports columnists in the area.

In person, however, he is a total dolt, lacking charm, wit or even basic intelligence at times.

I am talking about his radio show, since I've never met him.

I think Callahan is a full-time pr*ck, in print, on the radio, on TV, and in person.

I actually thought he had left the building (so to speak). He and John Dennis are by far the worst show on WEEI, it is almost like they have never seen a sporting event in their life. But as bad as they are having them together is better than the string of endless co-hosts that they have brought in for the last 2-3 weeks. I jump between them and Mike & Mike, it is nice to have an alternate station to listen to when D&C veer away from sports.

The article was very good, even if he is a Tom Brady ball-washer (Brady appears on their show each Monday and it is must listen to radio).

The humor reminded me of Bill Simmons, I like the idea of keeping it light after all it is only sports, not point getting high and mighty.

I would suggest you get Sirius satellite and listen to Randy Cross on the NFL Network radio show. Outstanding all around (not to mention Howard Stern).

I could be wrong, I hope I'm wrong, but wasn't Dillon involved in an incident where he beat his wife? or something like that?

EDIT: never mind, Pujo answered

Last edited:
He's right...

Ah, there it is. Thanks for the lookout, I've always been wondering...I guess Callahan was right on.

"When last we saw Reche, he was standing near the sideline in Indianapolis, as lonely as Alec Baldwin at a father-daughter dance."

That line alone was worth the read! :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye