PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Call it now, for future reference

Username

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
Some of you guys are exceptional at evaluating the draft talent, and really study players in depth. Most of us, especially me, aren't particularly knowledgeable and tend to just go by the eye test, ie how the look on tape. So looking at this years draft class, make three predictions, whether based on painstaking evaluation and hours of footage or just a gut feeling. Just a bit of fun and something to look back on in a couple of years

1) Who will have the biggest impact in the NFL

2) Who will be the biggest bust

3) Who is going to be the biggest sleeper

Here's my selections:

1) Sammy Watkins

2) Tempted to pick Johnny Manziel, but I think Clowney is going to be the number one pick and be a massive bust despite his incredible talents.

3) Connor Shaw. I really like this kid, ball security is so important and he just doesn't turn it over. I think someone will pick him up in the 6th or 7th round and do very well indeed out of it.

Some of you guys are exceptional at evaluating the draft talent, and really study players in depth. Most of us, especially me, aren't particularly knowledgeable and tend to just go by the eye test, ie how the look on tape. So looking at this years draft class, make three predictions, whether based on painstaking evaluation and hours of footage or just a gut feeling. Just a bit of fun and something to look back on in a couple of years

Here's my selections:

1) Sammy Watkins

2) Tempted to pick Johnny Manziel, but I think Clowney is going to be the number one pick and be a massive bust despite his incredible talents.

3) Connor Shaw. I really like this kid, ball security is so important and he just doesn't turn it over. I think someone will pick him up in the 6th or 7th round and do very well indeed out of it.

Good thread

1) Out of the top guys, I'm going with in this order Mack - Von Miller type impact (without the PEDs), Mike Evans, Dennard who will be a shutdown corner
2) Very difficult because i love this draft, but i'll go out on a limb with Ebron, I don't think he's Jimmy Graham.
3) Mettenberger, Benjamin and deep sleeper Taylor Hart from Oregon

Blake Bortles

Teddy Bridgewater

Alex Amidon

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back