Welcome to PatsFans.com

California Chronic

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Holy Diver, Feb 24, 2009.

1. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

During a press conference Monday morning in San Francisco, Ammiano introduced "The Marijuana Control, regulation and education act." The far-reaching bill would go well beyond decriminalization of marijuana to actually legalize the cultivation, sale, purchase and possession of the plant.

“With the state in the midst of an historic economic crisis, the move towards regulating and taxing marijuana is simply common sense," Ammiano said. "This legislation would generate much needed revenue for the state, restrict access to only those over 21, end the environmental damage to our public lands from illicit crops, and improve public safety by redirecting law enforcement efforts to more serious crimes."

The bill would remove "all penalties under California law for the cultivation, transportation, sale, purchase, possession, and use of marijuana, natural THC and paraphernalia by persons over the age of 21"; would "prohibit local and state law enforcement officials from enforcing federal marijuana laws"; and would create a $50 state fee for each ounce of marijuana sold, beyond whatever pot will cost once it becomes legal, the newspaper reported.

Harry!@!!???

The Raw Story | California lawmaker introduces pot legalization bill

2. Holy Diver

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

According to recent polls, 41 percent of Americans support legalizing marijuana. That's a higher approval rating than that currently enjoyed by Rush Limbaugh, former President George W. Bush and Republican congressional leaders, according to PollingReport.com.

3. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

This should make Fraud's head explode...

He wants millions of THC "abusers" out of a job, in addition to everyone else now losing their jobs.

4. Mogamedogz

Mogamedogz In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +34 / 3 / -2

#80 Jersey

This is great news for SF (and Cali). Lets hope the rest of the country gets with the program and follows suit. No need to leave this revenue source untapped any longer.

5. Holy Diver

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

*** "Drill baby, Drill!"

Its "Puff, Puff, GIVE!"

6. lostjumper

lostjumper Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

That would be interesting. So where do you go from there? Do you decriminalize other things like prescription drugs? If I can smoke a joint legally, I might as well be able to get vicatin and perkaset(sp?) over the counter.

Have productivity studies been done? How will that effect Cali's economy if half the population is smoking pot? And where will you house all the deadheads that move to california?

How about driving? Because now you have a ton of people legally using pot who will want to drive. You think we hav an issue with drunk drivers, wait til you see all the pot related accidents.

I'm opposed to legalizing pot, and I think alot of questions need to be answered before an entire state gets high.(though, can you imagine a high ahnold press conference? That would be hilarious)

7. Mogamedogz

Mogamedogz In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +34 / 3 / -2

#80 Jersey

"Grow baby, Grow!!!" :D

8. Holy Diver

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

I really don't find too many differences between alcohol regulation, and how they would regulate canibus.

I bet you'd see less bar fights.

Cali is in such ttrouble with our deficit that we need to think outside of the box. This is a revenue stream, and could generate Billions, while wiping billions off the budget for arrests and imprisonment. It sounds like a win-win.

I live in the Bay area, about 6 of my friends have "medical cards" they already buy government grown pot. They are allowed to smoke it, and pay taxes on it. The "studies" you want to see are already happening.

9. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +775 / 17 / -22

#24 Jersey

Works for me - being a fellow Californian but one who's never tried pot. From what everyone says it's less damaging to the body than alcohol so . . .

10. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +458 / 10 / -7

#91 Jersey

Never tried pot? maybe you should the music is so much better, and your mind opens up to the possibility of new ideas. At least this is what i've heard. :rolleyes: It doesn't help your spelin though i heard that too :D

11. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,110 / 3 / -10

I was 76 when I had my first joint, I ate a whole jar of Skippy Peanut Butter with my thumb and laughed my a$s off for what I thought was four hours at a light bulb.

I agree with all left wing loons on this one.

:bricks:

12. reflexblue

Ratings:
    +458 / 10 / -7

#91 Jersey

I tried weed when i was in HS,at first it was like you said i laughed my ass off. But then it changed it made me very spacey ( i'd end up laying in bed watching Gumby re-runs
    ) i hated it, i still do. I really don't smoke pot. But Harry your a uniqe individual, you never cease to amaze me even if your an 83 year old neo con

Last edited: Feb 24, 2009
  13. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,110 / 3 / -10

I don't care for it now either, after the laughing fits wore off I tried it again once and I had a little panic attack, I wanted to get up out of a chair and go out doors to look for UFO's but I couldn't get out of the chair and I couldn't tell anybody that I couldn't get out of the chair, the next day I started drinking again.

14. Holy Diver

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

all the cool kids are doing it....

seriously, you NEVER tried it????

15. reflexblue

Ratings:
    +458 / 10 / -7

#91 Jersey

Yeah that was another thing panick attacks About twenty years ago i gave somebody i ride home. He pulled out the tiniest of joints and asked if he could lite up. I said sure he offered me a hit to curtious it took a hit or two. About ten minutes later i thought every cop in the Berkshires was after me, (i'd end up trying to shift from fourth gear to first. When i got home i sat at the breakfast bar for two hours drink beer hoping the panic and paranoia would go away. Todays pot is just way more potent than in my day i couldn't handle it.

16. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +775 / 17 / -22

#24 Jersey

Nah. I'll overdo it with alcohol on occasion (more frequently back in my college years) but I've never done anything else. Cigarettes, pot, any other drug.

17. Holy Diver

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

I believe part (if not ALL) of the panic is tied to the illegallity of the drug.

18. reflexblue

Ratings:
    +458 / 10 / -7

#91 Jersey

I believe it was Refeer Madness. No its biological I'm sure.

19. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +893 / 7 / -3

I never got into pot. I've tried it a bunch of times, but it's not for me. I've got too energetic a personality for pot. Plopping on a couch and eating Dorito's for 6 or 7 hours, wasn't my idea of a good time. To each their own though, and I'm sure the things I liked experimenting with weren't for some other people.

20. Michael

Michael Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

We in that sunshine state with a bomb ass hemp beat

I've always been a proponent of legalizing it. On the other hand I wouldn't like to see it sold in stores.