PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Caldwell vs. Givens

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reche has outperformed and exceeded my expectations. I really think we should sign him to an extension before he hits an insane FA that throws "Givens money" at him.

Reche has outperformed and exceeded my expectations. I really think we should sign him to an extension before he hits an insane FA that throws "Givens money" at him.

I agree. Since he's already signed for next year, this off-season would be the only opportunity to save some $$. The question will be "what price".

I'd say that we'd pay him the market rate for a #3 WR, seeing as he's not a FA.

With any luck we'll have 2 WRs that are better than him anyways (I expect WR will be a big off season priority) - giving us a solid 1 - 3 for years to come. Maybe work a decent incentive bonus in there in case he again needs to fill in as a #2 or (hopefully not) #1 WR in the future.

Re: Gaffney vs CJ

Now that the discussion of Caldwell versus Givens has been resolved, I 'd like to repeat some of this post. What will Jabbar Gaffney do in 2007 with a full Training Camp instead of joining the team six games in to the season?

I predict the will have a season matching Caldwell's 2006. He will turn into a reliable #2 type on a team without a #1. He will split receptions with an improving CJ j and a pair o TEs in Watson and Thomas with guys lie KF and Graham and Mills getting a few catches.

The question is who does better soph vet Gaffney or soph CJ ?:confused:

No comparison, Givens is the way better reciever. Caldwell isnt that good. Remember this; Caldwell will be lucky to be on the pats next year.

No comparison, Givens is the way better reciever. Caldwell isnt that good. Remember this; Caldwell will be lucky to be on the pats next year.

Did you even bother to read ANY posts in the thread before posting this ?

Of course not - or else you wouldn't look like such a jacka$$ now.

R

Caldwell will be on the Pats next year, but he'll be a #3/4 guy, behind Gaffney, Jackson and some other random dude who is just plain better. BTW, Pats80, I think Caldwell is too small to sign to an extension for 2008 now. His production and ceiling aren't high enough to justify risking the bonus money on somebody who might not survive his next trip over the middle.

Caldwell will be on the Pats next year, but he'll be a #3/4 guy, behind Gaffney, Jackson and some other random dude who is just plain better. BTW, Pats80, I think Caldwell is too small to sign to an extension for 2008 now. His production and ceiling aren't high enough to justify risking the bonus money on somebody who might not survive his next trip over the middle.

Huh?

Givens 6-0 212
Caldwell 6-0 210

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerindex

It must be Deion Branch your thinking of:

Branch 5-10 193

Huh?

Givens 6-0 212
Caldwell 6-0 210

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerindex

It must be Deion Branch your thinking of:

Branch 5-10 193

Never said Givens was bigger - only that Caldwell is too frail to invest in. Given was tougher, often fighting off defenders to make YAC. Caldwell dives when the defense arrives. Might be a smart thing to do, given the number of FAC (fumbles after catch) we've suffered.

PS NJPF, spare us the childish name calling and read the posts as written.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back