PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Caldwell took the hit and came back in

Status
Not open for further replies.

jefmblrd

Dependability is more important than ability. -BB
Reaction score
The few times I saw Caldwell play when he was with SD, I was not impressed. I felt like he was a bit soft and shied away from hits. His short time with the Patriots has done nothing to change my mind, until today. He may not have caught that ball, but he took a huge hit and came back into the game.

Agreed...props to caldwell

jefmblrd said:
The few times I saw Caldwell play when he was with SD, I was not impressed. I felt like he was a bit soft and shied away from hits. His short time with the Patriots has done nothing to change my mind, until today. He may not have caught that ball, but he took a huge hit and came back into the game.

Yeah, when he walked off the field I looked in his eyes and saw nobody home. Someone else mentioned that he was back in the next series. Good game, Reche.

I unfortunately was not able to see the game :mad: but from what I've read here it sounds like that was the kind of hit that would have put China Doll Branch out for at least 8 weeks.

PromisedLand said:
I unfortunately was not able to see the game :mad: but from what I've read here it sounds like that was the kind of hit that would have put China Doll Branch out for at least 8 weeks.

put it this way, after that hit, I was more concerned with whether Caldwell was still breathing than whether or not he'd be coming back into the game.

PromisedLand said:
Caldwell was pretty tough, no question, but no dissin' Branch, here. He took a lot of big hits and held onto the ball. He made a lot of great catches. I'm still proud of what he did as a Patriot.

We will call him Timexman.

Takes a licking but keeps on ticking.

Last edited:
That was the biggest hit layed on a Patriot that I've seen in a long time. There was no way anyone could have caught that. You could see that Reche caught it, had it securely tucked it while in stride then SMACK, there was no way anyone was holding onto that, or very few would.

thank you for mentioning this J.

NOBODY brought that up after the game...they were all just playing armchair officals on the hit when the big story was how RC responded to it.

Let's keep our fingers crossed on how he responds from here on...that was brutal and even though he showed a TON of physical toughness there (that I didn't know he had), the second part of the response is getting over it mentally the next time he goes over the middle.

On the replay, I was more concerned with his knee. When he got hit and fell back his foot got caught up and his leg folded up underneath him. It looked pretty ugly.

jefmblrd said:
actually he did catch the ball,and lost it in the hit ...the catch was impressive actually..

SVN said:
actually he did catch the ball,and lost it in the hit ...the catch was impressive actually..
Yeah, on the replay he snatched it easy in stride but then followed a nearly disasterous hit.

jefmblrd said:

Cadwell = tough.

Caldwell = Gumby II

How the hell did he stand up after that hit, NEVERMIND actually get back in the game?!? Like Alk, I was thinking that leg bending under him was going to be worse than the smack his head took (twice, mind you.. his head slammed to the ground almost as hard as the initial hit). I could not believe it when I saw him back in there. WTF? Did Bruschi lend him some magic stretchy Tedy tendons or what? :D

Impressed with his toughness and heart. You could see him on the sidelines with the trainers wanting to get back into the game.

Here, here. That was one nasty looking hit and the way he landed with one leg stuck behind him, I thought he was out of it. To even see him walk off the field amazed me. For him to come back and play again was a helluva feat. If nothing else, he's got some cajones!

CTPatsFan said:
Here, here. That was one nasty looking hit and the way he landed with one leg stuck behind him, I thought he was out of it. To even see him walk off the field amazed me. For him to come back and play again was a helluva feat. If nothing else, he's got some cajones!

I too was worried about the knee, like T-Shirt said, Bru must have lent him some Gumby.

I'm sure he'll feel that hit today more than he did late in the game. I can't even imagine the headache he must have had when he woke up today.

Brownfan80 said:
I too was worried about the knee, like T-Shirt said, Bru must have lent him some Gumby.

I'm sure he'll feel that hit today more than he did late in the game. I can't even imagine the headache he must have had when he woke up today.

No doubt he's feeling the effects today! FWIW, I'm usually out-of-it and reeling from the side-effects the next day, too ;)

CTPatsFan said:
No doubt he's feeling the effects today! FWIW, I'm usually out-of-it and reeling from the side-effects the next day, too ;)

Yeah, I'm actually nursing a mild hangover today myself. But at least I'm not Reche!

*blink**blink**blink* I saw poor Caldwell on the sidelines. Even if he was answering the questions correctly i.e. who are you? what day is it? He does have a concussion. Maybe a milder one but he's got one. Too many of those babies and the brain cells start to die. I've got to give him props though he played tough. He did impress me.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes