PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Caldwell or Gaffney - Who would you rather have?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Caldwell or Gaffney?

• Caldwell

Votes: 82 44.1%
  • Gaffney

Votes: 104 55.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad to see the coaching staff agrees with me. :)

Joking aside, I'll be surprised if Caldwell is on the roster of any team opening day. He might bounce around a bit this year, but after that he's probably done in the NFL.
:rolleyes:

I had voted for Gaffney as well. I'm not that suprised by this. In the games I attended I watched the Pats WR's quite a bit and they too often couldn't get separation. I didn't see any games in person that Gaffney played much as they were all in October, early November. Washington plays ST's and someone has to do it.

Glad to see the coaching staff agrees with me. :)

Joking aside, I'll be surprised if Caldwell is on the roster of any team opening day. He might bounce around a bit this year, but after that he's probably done in the NFL.

Bull, Mangina is probably already trying to text him.

Looks like the "flavor of the month" or the "flash in the pan" or our new Jermaine Wiggins has won out. Good job Gaffney, you deserve it.

I am very pleased to have Gaffney.

As I said earlier, I would prefer the Pats found a way to keep both, but I'm glad Gaffney is the guy staying.

No, because Wiggins wasn't a Patriot last season. But if you must know I was indeed very disappointed that they didn't bring back the pride of Eastie for 2002. He had two unproductive seasons after leaving New England, but then went on to Minnesota and had 186 catches for 1,659 yards and 6 touchdowns in 3 seasons.

I can't really complain though when you consider he was replaced by Daniel Graham and Christian Fauria and two more Super Bowl titles. Having or not having Gaffney won't be anything major. I'm just partial to him because of how great he was in those 3 playoff games. Caldwell deserves credit for his performance in the San Diego game, but strangely enough Gaffney inspires more confidence to me. I would like the Pats to retain both; something has to be said about Caldwell being the most familiar with Brady as it relates to last season. But if they can't keep them both, keep Gaffney and send Caldwell packing. That's my story and I'm sticking to it! :)

Bump! :D (10 char)

Thanks. I didn't want to have to bump it myself. ;)

I swear though, how anyone could have wanted Caldwell after his unclutch play in the AFCG, I hope they see the value in a guy you know can make a play when he has to.

On the plus side for that campe though, I hear Caldwell was actually active for a Redskins game the other week.

Give me a break, if we'd had Caldwell it would have been Pats by 21. :rolleyes:

OK I will admit to being wrong about Gaffney. He has really made some plays this year and is a good receiver. Definitely the right guy to keep.

OK I will admit to being wrong about Gaffney. He has really made some plays this year and is a good receiver. Definitely the right guy to keep.

Well played, sir. And btw, I still stand by my eye-roll-inducing quote at the top of this page that Caldwell will probably be out of the league next year. ;)

Last edited:
Well played, sir. And btw, I still stand by my eye-roll-inducing quote at the top of this page that Caldwell will probably be out of the league next year. ;)

can we open up the poll to see who voted who?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back