PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Caldwell on LT: "he didn't mean anything by it"

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know. Considering all the hoopla and considering that CBS had a gazillion HD cameras covering the game. Does anyone find it a little odd that there is no video of this alleged disrespectful celebrating?

You know. Considering all the hoopla and considering that CBS had a gazillion HD cameras covering the game. Does anyone find it a little odd that there is no video of this alleged disrespectful celebrating?

The news stations got the local SD channel's footage. Do you mean no video from CBS itself? I can go with the explanation that you're using most of your equipment to get postgame interviews, etc.... maybe. But what is the alternative? Some media conspiracy? I would say if anything, it's just not in frame enough, or really good enough action, that they'd show it, if they had it at all. CBS is in it for the bucks, and if they had useable footage at all they would show it and sell it to affiliates, instead of letting that local SD station collect the ducats (man, those guys at the local SD station must think God just gave them a personal miracle.)

PFnV

The news stations got the local SD channel's footage. Do you mean no video from CBS itself? I can go with the explanation that you're using most of your equipment to get postgame interviews, etc.... maybe. But what is the alternative? Some media conspiracy? I would say if anything, it's just not in frame enough, or really good enough action, that they'd show it, if they had it at all. CBS is in it for the bucks, and if they had useable footage at all they would show it and sell it to affiliates, instead of letting that local SD station collect the ducats (man, those guys at the local SD station must think God just gave them a personal miracle.)

PFnV

The San Diego stations showed it. I specifically saw Hobbs jumping into someone's arms. And celebrating. He did it at midfield. I didn't see him mocking anyone there.

But, after Kaeding's miss, the Patriots ran onto the field, and then they were doing a lot of dancing and celebrating on the sidelines while there was still time on the clock. Tomlinson was watching this with a pissed off look.

Tomlinson even mentioned that he didn't like the way the Patriots celebrated a missed kick.

IMO, after LT made a fool of himself, they trumped up all the charges to make the Patriots worse than they were. The Merriman mocking happened on the sideline, while after the game Hobbs and another Patriot celebrated at midfield. I doubt anyone stomped on the logo.

The San Diego stations showed it. I specifically saw Hobbs jumping into someone's arms. And celebrating. He did it at midfield. I didn't see him mocking anyone there.

Right. The only thing I've seen is the normal stuff after a big win: victorious team clearing the bench to celebrate on the field. Happens after every playoff game I've ever seen. The Pats players were all over the field.

I have no doubt that somebody did the Steroidman lights out dance. But, is there no video on the face of the earth of this so-called "classless" desecration of the Chargers' logo?

Likewise with the Channel 4 video of the Pats going down the corridor to their locker room after the game. Looked like pretty standard stuff to me. Some guys walking quietly. Some guys high fivin' and whoopin' it up. Big deal.

I'm starting to think that Tomlinson and Rivers are not only sore losers, but delusional as well. Did they really expect the Pats to not celebrate THAT win? It was a pretty intense finish to the game.

Last edited:
Oh beautiful footage ... click the link. It directs you to the San Diego station with the footage.

To his credit, Rivers is yelling over at Hobbs saying "You're the sorriest corner in the league, act like you've won a game." Then he says back to the 3 Pats holding him back "He is, he's the sorriest corner in the league, y'all are acting like it [like they've won a game.]" Rivers is going after Hobbs specifically.

What cracks me up is they show him on one of the 2 lightning bolts, NOT on the helmet in the middle of the field, and talk about how he was "on the logo at midfield." You can't tell from the footage whether he specifically sought out the logo or not when he's doing the "lights out" dance.

Then the news anchors are saying (about Rivers' and Tomlinson's hysterics) "that criticism is coming from two of the classiest guys in the league, so maybe they'll take it to heart."

Uh yeah. Or maybe they'll work in practice to beat the Colts.

Okay, really words don't do this justice... just click the link.

PFnV

The thing that gets me about it is that Hobbs HASN'T won anything yet. So why should he act like he's won 3 Superbowls?

Then the news anchors are saying (about Rivers' and Tomlinson's hysterics) "that criticism is coming from two of the classiest guys in the league, so maybe they'll take it to heart."

Yeah, Wilbon on PTI always goes back to that: "when has LT EVER done this before? I think he deserves our attention.". So that makes it automatically valid? Look at it the other way: if it was T.O. saying this everyone would just tell him to shut up. If a guy with a clean record kills somebody it's as much of a crime as when somebody who's done it 6 times does it again.

The thing that gets me about it is that Hobbs HASN'T won anything yet. So why should he act like he's won 3 Superbowls?
This actually occured to me about the whole thing. It's not like we should be proud of that victory... I fully understand the exciting nature of the victory (I was freaking out myself at the time), but it's stupid to taunt a team that clearly outplayed you.

Last edited:
Yeah, Wilbon on PTI always goes back to that: "when has LT EVER done this before? I think he deserves our attention.". So that makes it automatically valid? Look at it the other way: if it was T.O. saying this everyone would just tell him to shut up. If a guy with a clean record kills somebody it's as much of a crime as when somebody who's done it 6 times does it again.

This actually occured to me about the whole thing. It's not like we should be proud of that victory... I fully understand the exciting nature of the victory (I was freaking out myself at the time), but it's stupid to taunt a team that clearly outplayed you.

Again, I don't see it as taunting. If it's not taunting when they do it, why is it when Vrabel or Hobbs does it? It was a release of emotion right after the final buzzer. That's all.

....but it's stupid to taunt a team that clearly outplayed you.

Where is the video of this alleged disrespectful taunting?

CBS network video. Local SD video. Local Boston video. I've seen every available video link and all I see is the normal end of the game bench clearing that you see in every playoff game.

Did anything even happen here? Or are Tomlinson and Rivers just mental?

You'd think that the way this story is being covered, somebody would have come up with video if any of this alleged disrespect even happened.

Where is the video of this alleged disrespectful taunting?

CBS network video. Local SD video. Local Boston video. I've seen every available video link and all I see is the normal end of the game bench clearing that you see in every playoff game.

Did anything even happen here? Or are Tomlinson and Rivers just mental?

You'd think that the way this story is being covered, somebody would have come up with video if any of this alleged disrespect even happened.

I'm with you on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back