PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Caldwell fired

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure Madame Toussades is hiring.

The Indianapolis Colts will be an entirely new operation next year with the Polians gone and the coaching staff out of there.

There is a lot of jesting going on here, but it will be interesting to watch how this franchise weathers a complete makeover with the end of the GM, HC and franchise QB all coming within a year or two. The Patriots will have something like this come about when Brady steps aside and Belichick calls it a career.

Bob and Jonathan Kraft seem like owners who have plans. Hopefully something has been developed to keep the Patriots competitive long-term.

It is completely unclear what is going on in Indianapolis. Caldwell surely was not the right guy to succeed Dungy. One has to wonder whether there is a succession plan in place in Indianapolis. (Peyton Manning's contract doesn't seem like it fits into any rational plan.) Whoever takes over will probably have a year of Manning and Luck to work with and a new GM to help build the program. The Colts have a huge number of free agents, especially older guys whose time has come.

You would think this would have been a job for Steve Fisher to be HC and GM, but he's off the market. Where will they go from here?

Who?

Regards,
Chris

They were trying to be funny, right? A little ironic humor?

My apologies to all. I was attempting to satirize the clowns. Should not have used quotes. My bad.

Polian gone
Caldwell gone
Manning gone?

Spags is one of the people they want to interview, if so thats pretty poor

My apologies to all. I was attempting to satirize the clowns. Should not have used quotes. My bad.

Problem is, it's hard to satirize them. It's sad how possible it was to some of us that they could have said what you wrote.

Edit: 4,001 posts! Woo hoo.

Last edited:
Peyton would look good within the Division paired with Chris Brown in Tennessee. Also Buffalo with that knuckle head Steve Johnson would be a nice place back in the AFC East.:scared:

Assuming Chris Brown is Chris Johnson? Brown was a mediocre RB who hasn't played for the Titans since the 2007 season.

brilliant tweet from fauxjohnmadden

Jim Caldwell fired by Colts, officially ending the experiment of having a mannequin be a professional football coach.

Amazing how many people lose there jobs because one guy has a sore neck

I have yet to see Caldwell speak....ever.

Felger & Maz: "This is why BB thinks he's so smart but out smarts himself. Had he not panicked and signed Josh so quickly, had he been patient Caldwell could have been our OC."

ed175d14b63a.gif

This is the first thing I thought of when I saw this thread:

reche.jpg

Me, too! I was like "How do you 'fire' a WR?"

Is this an unusually high number of HCs getting fired this season? I wonder about these teams axing their coach so much later than other teams... will all of the "good coaches" be taken by the time they announce that they're searching for a replacement? and all that's left on the shelf is a dusty old discarded Schottenheimer?

He should get fired. He was terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back