PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Caldwell cut

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsWin

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
Caldwell's released today. So Moss is okay.

Caldwell Cut : Reiss 6 Minutes Ago <nm>

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/2007/09/caldwell_cut.html

Caldwell released
By Mike Reiss, Globe Staff

The Patriots released receiver Reche Caldwell today, according to a league source.

Caldwell led the team with 61 receptions last season. He was one of six receivers on the final roster formulated Saturday, joining Randy Moss, Donte' Stallworth, Wes Welker, Jabar Gaffney and Kelley Washington.

The release of Caldwell might tie in to the fact that Moss, in his own words, has "graduated" from the training room.

Washington > Caldwell? **** that. Good luck elsewhere, Reche.

SO when BB said there would ve other roster moves..he meant it....

Guess that ends the Moss questions.

Good luck Reche, for someone I had NO EXPECTATIONS from last year, you turned out to be not half bad. I wish you the best.

Last edited:
I was just getting used to the eyes seriously, It makes him unique boy BB must not have forgot about that crucial drop in the AFC championship game.
Who was saying Washington was gonna get the ax?
So let's see how quick Childress signs him thinking he's one upping BB.
Also how much does it suck to be Reche right now Number 1 receiver last year,
waver wire this year.

As I said in Caldwell v. Gaffney thread, Caldwell is simply mediocre. He might bounce around a bit this year, but my guess is he is pretty much done in the NFL.

As someone else said, this is actually great news from Moss' health POV. They must have obviously just been treating him with kid gloves. He should be flying out of the gate Week 1. :)

Damn, I'm gonna miss Caldwell.

Now THAT is what Extreme Makeover means
to a WR corps !

And answers the question, Whom Will Asante Bump?

I had a feeling something might be happening with the WRs when they brought Bam back to the PS - just too bad Stallworth and Moss had spent so much time on the sidelines, otherwise I think we might have been able to get something for Caldwell in trade by shopping him earlier.

2 days after cuts down to the 53 man limit isn't exactly the best time to get full value for a player...

Last edited:
Re: Caldwell Cut : Reiss 6 Minutes Ago <nm>

I had a STRONG feeling that he would be the one... good.

I thought that he had a little trade value... but, I guessed wrong.

See ya later, burning blind retnas!!!!

I had a feeling something might be happening with the WRs when they brought Bam back to the PS - just too bad Stallworth and Moss had spent so much time on the sidelines, otherwise I think we might have been able to get something for Caldwell in trade.

Well if we end up short at WR we still have 4 TE's -:)

I had a feeling something might be happening with the WRs when they brought Bam back to the PS - just too bad Stallworth and Moss had spent so much time on the sidelines, otherwise I think we might have been able to get something for Caldwell in trade.

2 days after cuts down to the 53 man limit isn't exactly the best time to get full value for a player...

The guys at Patriots insiders hinted that they were really trying hard to work out a trade for Caldwell. He just does not have a lot of trade value around the league.

Count to three and Caldwell signs with the Redskins. I never got over the drop and I don't think BB did either.

I'm not shocked, but I'd like to thank Reche for a great season when we needed him and always giving 100%.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him back, but we are receiver rich now.

Good luck, Reche. Everybody always focuses on the bad things (AFCC game drops, etc.), but he was pretty solid for us in '06.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back