Welcome to PatsFans.com

Cafferty at CNN, target of the word police

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by STFarmy, Apr 21, 2008.

1. STFarmy

STFarmy Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

More ridiculous senstivity to someone's words. These protestors are pretending Cafferty made derogatory comments about the Chinese people, when any idiot who reads the transcripts/hear the audio can tell he was speaking of the Chinese govenrment (and what he said it true at that). Why protest this? What a stupid culture we have.

"LOS ANGELES - Chinese-Americans rallied outside CNN's Hollywood office on Saturday to demand the firing of commentator Jack Cafferty for calling China's goods "junk" and its leaders a "bunch of goons and thugs."

"We understand free speech," Lake Wang, 39, told the Los Angeles Times. "But what if Cafferty said this about other racial groups? I think he would be fired. I think he's jealous of China."

A crowd estimated by police at 2,000 to 5,000 gathered, chanting and holding signs that read "Fire Cafferty" and "CNN: Chinese Negative News." The crowd was peaceful, and no arrests were made, police Sgt. David Torres said."

Link to full story: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080420/ap_en_tv/cnn_protest_5
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2008
  2. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0

My Jersey:

Yeah, a person in this forum accused me of being anti-Christian because of my attacks on conservative Christian leaders, and in the past some of us liberals have been called traitors for criticizing the war. And then look how freakishly upset Republicans got at France (for no particularly good reason), even changing the name of Congressional French fries to freedom fries. I guess words have power. Who woulda thunk?