PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cablevision FINALLY gets NFL Network and Red Zone

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheekyDave

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Not sure where there thread should be located, but for all fellow sufferers stuck with Cablevision, they finally just now reached agreement with NFL Network. So here I come RedZone and Replays of games finally!

When will Brighthouse carry NFLN? The folks on their phones readily admit that they are besieged by calls requesting this.

When will Brighthouse carry NFLN? The folks on their phones readily admit that they are besieged by calls requesting this.

I think they're the last major holdout, aren't they? Even Comcast reached an agreement with the NFLN a while back. Fortunately where I am there's a choice (Knology), though I wish Verizon Fios was here too (it's just about everywhere else except for my neighborhood).

I think they're the last major holdout, aren't they? Even Comcast reached an agreement with the NFLN a while back. Fortunately where I am there's a choice (Knology), though I wish Verizon Fios was here too (it's just about everywhere else except for my neighborhood).

Several years ago the morons running NH managed to drive Verizon outa here by raising telecom taxes so we'll never get FIOS as a competitor to hold Comcast in check. Verizon was actually thrilled to bail because the lower than MA population density makes it more expensive to provide service in cowhampshire. Verizon's replacement, bottom tier Fairpoint will never have a competitive service.

Comcast uber alles! :mad:

Last edited:
Several years ago the morons running NH managed to drive Verizon outa here by raising telecom taxes so we'll never get FIOS as a competitor to hold Comcast in check. Verizon was actually thrilled to bail because the lower than MA population density makes it more expensive to provide service in cowhampshire. Verizon's replacement, bottom tier Fairpoint will never have a competitive service.

Comcast uber alles! :mad:

Any chance of DirecTV where you are, or too many trees?

We dumped FIOS. Their TV reception was very poor quality and really unreliable. Their internet was rock solid and super fast but after decoupling our service their billing could never get back on track so we dumped them of that too. They are still sending us bills, by the way. I'd steer clear of them. DirectTV has always been great to us with little to no disruption of service. Comcast for internet blows but at least we get the right amount billed to us each month.

This is my favorite thread on this messageboard besides Super Bowl winning threads (and my favorite player resigning threads). All I can say is Hallelujah !!! Anyone know when they will begin broadcasting ? I Have Optimum Cable (Owned by Cablevision) on Long Island NY, and I'm hoping it starts soon. I hate not being able to watch those Thursday Night games.

***Edit, Just read that they will start broadcasting on Cablevision on Friday 8/17***

Already addicted to The NHL Network, starting 8/17, Social Life RIP.

Last edited by a moderator:
We dumped FIOS. Their TV reception was very poor quality and really unreliable. Their internet was rock solid and super fast but after decoupling our service their billing could never get back on track so we dumped them of that too. They are still sending us bills, by the way. I'd steer clear of them. DirectTV has always been great to us with little to no disruption of service. Comcast for internet blows but at least we get the right amount billed to us each month.

Thanks for the info on Verizon. Where I am they have a two-tier pricing plan based on whether or not you sign a contract. If I ever do go with them then I'll be sure to go the non-contract route, and get the termination when the time comes well documented.

We dumped the all-inclusive package of Verizon for Comcast and now get better service. With Comcast you can also save many times more hours on your DVR, all for $80 less per month.

Wow I had no idea Cablevision was still around. Good news for people that have this though.

so happy for this - awesome - finally

Norwalk CT

Sorry to rain on the parade but the NFLN programming is absolute garbage.
Their on air talent for the most part is either painfully dull or frighteningly unstable. There is no intelligent analysis at all.

Their new morning show might just be the most pathetic thing on television and that's saying something.

Thursday night games are the only reason to watch that channel anymore.

ENJOY!

of course they do this in the year I had to switch cable service. Damn you Time Warner Cable... damn you to hell!!

Any chance of DirecTV where you are, or too many trees?

BIG trees. Also live in an idiot condo association that got schooled when they tried to take the dish off a neighbor's roof who has a clear path to the south. :p

I'm an ex-telecom engineering guy frustrated by lack of competition now that Verizon is haste la vista.

BIG trees. Also live in an idiot condo association that got schooled when they tried to take the dish off a neighbor's roof who has a clear path to the south. :p

I'm an ex-telecom engineering guy frustrated by lack of competition now that Verizon is haste la vista.

I don't blame you. Comcast is the worst cable company I've ever dealt with.

Sorry to rain on the parade but the NFLN programming is absolute garbage.
Their on air talent for the most part is either painfully dull or frighteningly unstable. There is no intelligent analysis at all.

Their new morning show might just be the most pathetic thing on television and that's saying something.

Thursday night games are the only reason to watch that channel anymore.
yes, but only with the sound down. And I agree the new morning show, the few days I got to watch it, were Chevy Chase talk show-like painful.

The reason I only got to watch it a few days was that Insight here in Kentuuucky just dropped NFL network altogther! "The contract ended and we didn't feel there was much demand". A move back to New England is looking more and more in the cards! :eek:

Oh, and the NFL replay shows were worth watching...especially for Pats games I missed after those Sundays where I was forced to watch, like, Titans-Browns or something while hitting "refresh" over and over on that justin site we're not supposed to mention... :enranged:

Chevy Chase's Spectacularly Bad 1993 Talk Show - YouTube

Yeah, Verizon bailed on Maine, NH and Vermont and left all three states stuck with Fairpoint. Talk about a 3rd world provider. Sheesh. When I bought this new house, I called them up and arranged for my phone and internet service to be transferred on the same day in June. I went over it several times with their rep to ensure the dates were correct. Then two days later, they disconnected my phone and internet and moved it to the house I hadn't yet bought.

It took me 5 days to get my phone and internet service reconnected, and THEN, they billed me for the reconnection fees as if I was a new customer, at higher rates than my contract I still had. That was in May. It wasn't until this new bill that they finally got things straightened out and my rates at the proper schedule.

I am so happy I have DirecTV. When I moved, they gave me the NFL Sunday Ticket for free. It's like Christmas come early at my house. :singing:

Yeah, Verizon bailed on Maine, NH and Vermont and left all three states stuck with Fairpoint. Talk about a 3rd world provider. Sheesh. When I bought this new house, I called them up and arranged for my phone and internet service to be transferred on the same day in June. I went over it several times with their rep to ensure the dates were correct. Then two days later, they disconnected my phone and internet and moved it to the house I hadn't yet bought.

It took me 5 days to get my phone and internet service reconnected, and THEN, they billed me for the reconnection fees as if I was a new customer, at higher rates than my contract I still had. That was in May. It wasn't until this new bill that they finally got things straightened out and my rates at the proper schedule.

I am so happy I have DirecTV. When I moved, they gave me the NFL Sunday Ticket for free. It's like Christmas come early at my house. :singing:

Yeah I'm in NJ, tried streaming Pats games over the Internet, went to DTV and got the Sunday Ticket and never going back.

Basic DTV is only $199 won't do the upgrade, would rather get the NFL.com coaches tape pkg for the $$$

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back