PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

C/G 350 do they exist

Status
Not open for further replies.

satz

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
I am starting to think with the growth of 3-4 and NT we badly need a 350LB Center/Gaurd who can swing and backup our boys .

Do they even exist ? . dan koppen is very good but man you cannot put him against a NT all game who out weighs him by 30-50 lbs.

a gaurd/center backup at 350 -less atheletic but bigger and stronger to rotate and used in run blocking of bigger NT will be idle.even some one who can come in and bang with a NT
a few times and match him strength for strength.

do they even exist. dan in such cases swing as a gaurd and set let this guy take on a nose tackle.

Last edited:
I am starting to think with the growth of 3-4 and NT we badly need a 350LB Center/Gaurd who can swing and backup our boys .

Do they even exist ? . dan koppen is very good but man you cannot put him against a NT all game who out weighs him by 30-50 lbs.

a gaurd/center backup at 350 -less atheletic but bigger and stronger to rotate and used in run blocking of bigger NT will be idle.even some one who can come in and bang with a NT

do they even exist. dan in such cases swing as a gaurd and set let this guy take on a nose tackle.

I think the pats figured out what to do in the 2nd half............moving the QB and quick-counts wore jenkins down......

smaller, more athletic OL's are the way to go IMO

I think the pats figured out what to do in the 2nd half............moving the QB and quick-counts wore jenkins down......

smaller, more athletic OL's are the way to go IMO

A reason i said a backup.if koppan is having issues with some NT we need some one to bang him around a bit in running down.

But do you want the Patriots to telegraph that when Player X is in that the defense can disregard most screens where X normally would be the pulling guard, or most draws or most traps where the guard is expected to move and do so quickly. If putting player X in allows the Pats to utilize 99% of their normal offensive, then this makes sense to me, but if Player X restricts the Pats to a small and much more predictable playbook, then I don't think the aggregate value is there...

Go with doubleteams, go with chips, go with quick counts, go with the spread, play to the team's advantage unless Player X can do all of that AND blow up 350 pound nose tackles.

I have just the player for you and it would probably only cost us a fourth or fifth round pick.
Urbik OG of Wisconsin. 6'5" and 335lbs. He is not an athletic speciman, but he is a football player. Nasty and can move the pile.

Another interesting OL player is Unger of Oregon. Until this year he played OT now he is playing C and looking pretty good. Versatility with decent size and strength. He sounds like a BB player.

I have just the player for you and it would probably only cost us a fourth or fifth round pick.
Urbik OG of Wisconsin. 6'5" and 335lbs. He is not an athletic speciman, but he is a football player. Nasty and can move the pile.

Another interesting OL player is Unger of Oregon. Until this year he played OT now he is playing C and looking pretty good. Versatility with decent size and strength. He sounds like a BB player.

Sign me up. Last year I felt there were a lot of mid-round OL that would've been worthy of picking up and would've fit into what the Pats do...looks like that may be the case again this year? And looks like we'll have the picks and the need to pull the trigger on some of those guys this time around.

Not a centre, but Herman Johnson LSU is a monstrous athlete. 6"7', 350+ lbs. Might go round 1.

Sign me up. Last year I felt there were a lot of mid-round OL that would've been worthy of picking up and would've fit into what the Pats do...looks like that may be the case again this year? And looks like we'll have the picks and the need to pull the trigger on some of those guys this time around.

Last year I really felt OG Glynn out of Pitt would have been a tremendous opportunity for BB. He played OT in college and could have been moved to OG for us.

For this year's draft, I would like to see BB get 3 OL guys and dump Britt, O'Callaghan and oft injured Yates.

Last year I really felt OG Glynn out of Pitt would have been a tremendous opportunity for BB. He played OT in college and could have been moved to OG for us.

For this year's draft, I would like to see BB get 3 OL guys and dump Britt, O'Callaghan and oft injured Yates.

I still have my hopes for O'Callaghan. He's injured far to often though, and it won't be a surprise if/when he's dumped.

Another reason is i am sure it telegraphs what the pats are going to do but say against baltimore where their 3-4 end are close to NT weight and nata is like 350-360 it will nice to have atleast the option to game plan for the DL iwith a big body .again agile 300 lb is the way to go as the gaint not only in the SB but this season isolating gaurds on tuck or othe fast DT`s to get pressure up the middle.
so a atheletic front is very important.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill