PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

C+ from Kiper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean Pa Patriot

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
Not that it matters... Says Wheatly was a reach

Kiper spent two days acting offended that teams picked players in higher rounds than he thought they'd go in. He rationalized and backpedaled so much he started talking in circles. The man is pathetic. His entire existence is based on evaluating college players for the draft and each and every year he turns out to be more wrong than right, which is probably why he is on ESPN.

Kipers an anachranism,its time he left.

Not that it matters... Says Wheatly was a reach

I think we'd all sort of understand sub-par grades of this draft to a degree. But I cant give it anything less than a B. We only really had 2 need areas, and we addressed them both. And Mayo is an absolute stud. Draft experts get so lost in "value", they forget that this was a 1-loss team, that really doesnt have a ton of room for rookies. So, if more than 4 or 5 of these kids make the team, we'll all probably be psyched, but also a little surprised. And how many teams came away from their drafts with a leg already up on the '09 draft with an extra 2nd rounder? Our guys just think differently than the rest. And in short, we 'mock' what we dont understand.

Last edited:
I don't know how I will slep at night knowing M Kiper doesn't like our draft....

Whatever...Kiper's an absolute hack. He gave out grades for all 32 teams. 31 of them received between a C+ and a B+...all but ONE TEAM was within that range (the Chiefs, who had three of the first 35 picks and 13 overall, received an A). He did this last year, and he did it two years ago (though I believe he did manage to dole out one D in 2006).

The man is a hack, has been a hack, and is getting more hackish by the year.

I think we'd all sort of understand sub-par grades of this draft to a degree. But I cant give it anything less than a B. We only really had 2 need areas, and we addressed them both. And Mayo is an absolute stud. Draft experts get so lost in "value", they forget that this was a 1-loss team, that really doesnt have a ton of room for rookies. So, if more than 4 or 5 of these kids make the team, we'll all probably be psyched, but also a little surprised. And how many teams came away from their drafts with a leg already up on the '09 draft with an extra 2nd rounder? Our guys just think differently than the rest. And in short, we 'mock' what we dont understand.

Well said, I agree they needed to get younger and quicker on defense, which they did... How good will these guys be at the Pro level??? only time will tell....

how can you listen to kiper anymore?

All we did was draft corners and linebackers....after ALL anyone said on ESPN was that we needed corners and linebackers.

All we did was draft corners and linebackers....after ALL anyone said on ESPN was that we needed corners and linebackers.

THAT is what is so funny. Al any of these "experts" or "pundits" talk about is our age in the secondary and at linebacker. We proceed to draft linebackers and corners, exactly what they say we should. Plain and simple, they will ALWAYS find fault with the Patriots.

Doesn't this mongoloid give us C's and D's every year? I hate ESPN more and more by the day.

Doesn't this mongoloid give us C's and D's every year? I hate ESPN more and more by the day.

Actually, no. He doesn't. And I know how "cool" it is four people to play cynical and act like they know more than Mel Kiper, but it's such an easy shot and it's such complete B.S. I don't always agree with the guy, but the armchair QBs who think he's somehow full of crap are a bit much - and, surprise surprise, tend to poke their heads out on the rare occasion when we DON'T get an A or a B from the guy.

Actually, no. He doesn't. And I know how "cool" it is four people to play cynical and act like they know more than Mel Kiper, but it's such an easy shot and it's such complete B.S. I don't always agree with the guy, but the armchair QBs who think he's somehow full of crap are a bit much - and, surprise surprise, tend to poke their heads out on the rare occasion when we DON'T get an A or a B from the guy.

You're right.

He knows which cornerbacks and linebackers fit our team better than the front office does.

They're obviously stupid, because they had a 2nd and three 3rds to pick the correct cornerback or trade up and they still took Wheatley.:confused:

Last edited:
i guess i'm the only one who has "banished" the ESPN commentariat from his web and TV viewing. the only way i hear what the Nitwit Network is saying is when i visit the board and learn it from people who are still insisting on filling ESPN's coffers by clicking or turning the channel.

just stop going there. take your finger off the mouse or the remote. put it down. step back. take a deep breath and watch something else!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
With teams like the Pats, Colts and Steelers, Mel needs to understand they know what they are doing in the draft and have a different set of evaluations. His Big Board is irrelevant. Grading teams based on his value is silly. I use him to just get a general idea where players may go. I do enjoy hearing him, and fans want the grade. But we all know it takes a few years.

Well, let's see. He's disagreed with us on almost every major draft pick in the dynasty era. Who has come out more successful?

One thing they never give credit for is picking up a high pick in the following year's draft, which is just as much an asset as a player picked now. In my opinion, it's the only way to truly get a leg up on the competition, if you can manage to do it year after year, which the Pats always seem to somehow do.

Last year's SF deal is why we now have Mayo, the best LB in the draft, plus Crable. The deal we did with the Chargers will yield a similar bonus next year.

936598.jpg

Mel Buttafuoco

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back