PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bye Week: So what games are you watching this weekend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

desi-patsfan

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
http://www.the506.com/nflmaps/

Lets see:

I get to watch,

CLE vs PIT....GO BROWNS!!!! :rocker:
MIN vs GB.....GO PETERSON!!! :rocker:
DAL vs NYG...GO.....um i couldnt care less with this game. :cool:

Then its SD vs IND....GO...hmmm....can they both lose?

MNF: SF vs SEA....Could there be a more boring way to end this week of football? Go SEA and Branch (is he playing?).

Last I heard, Branch wasn't gonna play this week.

CLE vs PIT
DAL vs NYG
SD vs IND
SF vs SEA
They're the ones I'm going to watch. Regarding SF-SEA, it may be boring to the football world but it's big to us :)

http://www.the506.com/nflmaps/

Lets see:

I get to watch,

MIN vs GB.....GO PETERSON!!! :rocker:
DAL vs NYG...GO.....um i couldnt care less with this game. :cool:

Then its SD vs IND....GO...hmmm....can they both lose?

MNF: SF vs SEA....Could there be a more boring way to end this week of football? Go SEA and Branch (is he playing?).

I won't be watching any but I'll be flipping around Sirius following some games. I'm way behind on my "Honey Do" list and really have to get my boat hauled and winterized this weekend. The Bye Week couldn't come at a better time!

GO 'HAWKS!

Last edited:
I'm really looking forward to Sunday. A day at home, no stress. TV on, sound off -- get some things done around the apartment, catch up with a bit of work, maybe even take a nap, keep an eye on CLE/PIT and DAL/NYG. I'm definitely interested in watching SD/IND, the more so since I don't have a dog in the fight. I'd be surprised, though, if I watch more than the first quarter of SF/SEA.

Fly to Munich, check the scores when I land. Root for SD for the one and only time this year.

I wil be keeping tabs on my Fantasy team this week, most likely SD vs Indy(Addai and Harrison and the Pit(Rothlesberger/Ward) game which I have quite a few players in.

Despite the bye I am really looking forward to some of the games this week, which is a pleasant surprise since most of the other games that have been served up this season apart from the Pats have been yawners. The one exception was the Cowboys-Bills match which was one of the best of the year.

Not sure I'll be able to watch the Browns game as its leafing time, but I think they have a decent chance against the Steelers, who may be over-confident after disposing of that lowly college team on MNF. The chemistry between Edwards/Anderson and Winslow/Anderson is getting more impressive each week, but can they overcome the Steelers pass rush and ball hawking secondary?

The one that holds the most interest is the Cowboys at the Giants as I suspect that this game will foreshadow the playoffs and highlight each teams strengths and weaknesses in as tense a game (divisional rivalry, and HFA for playoffs) as last week with the Colts-Pats. I also think that the NFC Superbowl representative will come from these two, and therefore something to watch for how each will match up against NE. No slight to the Packers, their record is impressive, but I wouldnt be surprised to see them falter in the home stretch.

While not as exciting I will still watch the Chargers against the Colts, mostly to see how well the Colts pick up from the disappointment of their first defeat after the SB win. I think they will win handily, although their defense will be stretched by LT, Gates and Chambers, but the real weakness in SD lies as much with a vulnerable QB as with an inept HC. If Rivers can play like he did last year, then the result may go the other way, especially if Merriman has his way with the Colts LT.

Normally I would watch the 49ers - Seahawks game, but ESPN has totally ruined MNF. I dont like the format, am disappointed on the quality of the matchups and hate the commentary (I like Jaws and wish he could find another gig, because the production team is not interested in his knowledge and analysis - just on soundbites and pointless celebrities). OK - I might sneak a peak in the second quarter, but turn off again before half time.

Go PITT! Since Dallas has the Browns first round draft pick, I would that pick to be as high as possible. Remember, Dallas is the only team that has two first round draft picks in 2008 and would be the optimal draft trade partner for the New England Patriots.

I'm flying to Philly to see some old friends. We will be hoisting a few all weekend. Expecting to console my Iggles buddies and help prepare them for the Kevin Kolb era...

It's really wrong that New England can't watch the Bills game. The Bills are the next opponent.

I will watch the Colts Chargers game, that will be entertaining...

Cle-Pitt definitely. NYG-Dallas and SD-Indy

I'll be watching the first round of the CFL playoffs - Winnipeg at home vs. Montreal. (just one of the hurdles that Winnipeg has on its way to the Grey Cup)

Pats have a bye this week.

I don't give a rats behind about anyone else enough to watch.

No football watching this weekend at all.

Will accompany wife on a visit to see her mother thereby scoring major points with both.

:D :D :D

Last edited:
The only games I'll watch are the chargers vs colts and saints vs rams.
What if the colts where fined for pumping crowd noise through the SD speakers? I wouldn't want to miss that!

I'll be mowing, raking leaves, pulling out dead plants in the garden (now that we've had a frost), and changing dirty diapers (my daughters, not mine). But, when it comes to TV, I'll be hard into Judge Judy (TIVO'd).

For football, I'll glance to make sure SF is losing.:) I also want Romeo to win, as usual.

theres 5 good games on..

the ones ill miss cuz theyre on at 1 are GB-MIN, TEN-JAG, browns-PIT...

the one at 4 ill catch is boys-giants

the night one is good too, colts -SD

5 VERy good games

Whatever Sky Sports puts on for us over here. I think it's Packers and Vikings, then Cowboys and Giants then Indy and the Chargers.

I get Cleveland-Pitt, Phi-WSH, and Dal-NYG.

not bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back