PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bye week filler - Brandon Lloyd

Status
Not open for further replies.
JMcD must not have viewed as a head case since he told the Rams to bring him over from Denver.

Welker will be signed very soon after the season is over! he will be a pat for life now!

What are the rules for player movement during the playoffs? Same as regular season? Lets say the Rams cut him right now? Does he go through waiver process?

I believe that he will be a free agent, but not until after the playoffs. During the next league year as per the NFL calendar.

Good thoughts. Though home town discount/winning team doesn't seem to be in the dna/psyche of a WR.

Also, I hope Tebow doesn't feel the same way as Loyd, though I'm sure BB could find a role for him, but we have Edleman as our everyman.

For you youngsters too young to remember, another HOF coach faced the problem of what to do with a QB he had, who was like Tebow.

He came in, and said to the #1 QB draft pick and "golden boy" QB from Notre Dame, was no longer his QB. He took a 15th round guy on the roster, who no one had ever heard of instead, and declared him his QB. Then he handed the ex-QB the ball, and said you are now my RB. It worked out pretty good. All three ended up in the HOF.

The Trio? Vince Lombardi, Bart Starr, and Paul Hornung, ex QB, and fearsome on the run; and a deadly halfback option pass too.

$6 mill .......Lloyd.....Ocho's money
$8 mill .......Welker
$18 mill.......Brady
$8 mill....Mankins
$5 mill.....Light ??+-
$3 mill....Waters
-----------------
$48 mill

Looks like $20 mill to play with

RBs total $4 mill max
WRS....Give Branch $2.5.....subs $2 mill= $4.5
TEs.......$3 mill
O line ....draft C, ......Ts plus subs $7
-----------------------------------------

Close $66 mill

Why not throw in a little Jonathan Stewart via Trade for $5 mill/....lets have another record offense

(All $$$ are wildly inacurate estimates and lazy roundings)

i don't think Light will be here. Put Solder at LT and Vollmer at RT and we should be set. Plus Cannon can come in as a backup at the guard or tackle position.

What are the rules for player movement during the playoffs? Same as regular season? Lets say the Rams cut him right now? Does he go through waiver process?

To answer the question, any player cut right now would have to go through waivers.

Players eligible for UFA status can be waived starting February 1 and reach free agency without going through waivers. That said, the Rams would have absolutely no incentive to do so, as they would be in line for a possible comp pick if he walks, but would lose that if they waived him early.

For you youngsters too young to remember, another HOF coach faced the problem of what to do with a QB he had, who was like Tebow.

He came in, and said to the #1 QB draft pick and "golden boy" QB from Notre Dame, was no longer his QB. He took a 15th round guy on the roster, who no one had ever heard of instead, and declared him his QB. Then he handed the ex-QB the ball, and said you are now my RB. It worked out pretty good. All three ended up in the HOF.

The Trio? Vince Lombardi, Bart Starr, and Paul Hornung, ex QB, and fearsome on the run; and a deadly halfback option pass too.

No offense, but being too young to remember that doesn't exactly make you a youngster:):)

i don't think Light will be here. Put Solder at LT and Vollmer at RT and we should be set. Plus Cannon can come in as a backup at the guard or tackle position.

Uhm...

Andre Carter?
Mark Anderson?

BJGE?

Not as much $$ to play with as you think...

Uhm...

Andre Carter?
Mark Anderson?

BJGE?

Not as much $$ to play with as you think...

It's possible none of those three players will be back next year. Particularly if we are back to the 3-4.

That's 4,000 yards passing right there (or more likely somewhere around 4,500 since they won't all be RIGHT on 1,000 yards). And then you obv have to factor in all our other skill players who will catch at least some passes.

And I don't see Brady throwing for 5,000+ yards consistently (who can? lol), so I think the scenario you mention is highly implausible... not just for Brady, but for any offense in the foreseeable future.

Add B. Lloyd at reasonable bucks and I think Brady breaks Brees' record. The Pats offense is already ridiculously potent. However we will probably end up cutting Ocho if Lloyd comes aboard. Josh mcD is already here. Hmmmmmm.

"Don't think" being the operative words here. Light is under contract and coming off a really good season, there is no way he is anywhere but NE next season. Belichik doesn't just throw away really good players.

Add B. Lloyd at reasonable bucks and I think Brady breaks Brees' record. The Pats offense is already ridiculously potent. However we will probably end up cutting Ocho if Lloyd comes aboard. Josh mcD is already here. Hmmmmmm.

Probably cut Ocho? This is a guarantee that he won't be wearing a Patriot uniform after this season is over...

Trading Ocho for Lloyd.....sounds like a very good upgrade at the position to me :)

How much better can this offense get?

Spend the draft picks and FA to fix the D !! :rocker:

Bringing in McDaniels with Lloyd would be pretty sweet, OC filled and the WR position addressed early in free agency.

yes…leaves one more draft pick to be used on the secondary!

yes…leaves one more draft pick to be used on the secondary!

It's too bad that there draft is pretty weak at the safety position unless the Pats convert a guy like Stephon Gilmore..

This actually made my day, Josh is truly brilliant at the offensive side of the ball, much much much better then Bill O'Brien and the fact that Mcdaniels is going to be involved in the playoffs makes things even better. When I heard we were going to interview him, I had a 90 percent feeling that he was going to be back, then I remember hearing about Lloyd saying how he'll go anywhere Josh does and now I have that feeling that Lloyd is going to be on this team. I really do believe he is

"Don't think" being the operative words here. Light is under contract and coming off a really good season, there is no way he is anywhere but NE next season. Belichik doesn't just throw away really good players.

I think he will certainly be back, and provided all 3 OTs are healthy, he will transition to backup. Its really an excellent succession plan.

Besides, SeaBass is completely undependable right now.
Looks like the same back issues he had in college, and which made him absolutely nobody's idea of a top-60 value during the '09 draft, are coming back to haunt him.

It's too bad that there draft is pretty weak at the safety position unless the Pats convert a guy like Stephon Gilmore..

I think the best option right now could very well be to draft a man CB early (compete with Arrington to start opposite Dowling) and then move McCourty to FS full time.

I think the best option right now could very well be to draft a man CB early (compete with Arrington to start opposite Dowling) and then move McCourty to FS full time.

I know it's one game but McCourty looked terrible at safety, no instincts for it. I think if McCourty had one dependable safety behind him this season he would have been a lot better. I haven't given up on him as a corner and I don't think the Pats have either.

Oh yeah, B. Lloyd? I'll take him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back