PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bye week filler - Brandon Lloyd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ron Sellers

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
I wouldn't post a new thread on this, except it's a slow week with the Pats off this weekend.

Take it for whatever it's worth.

Rams' Lloyd will follow McDaniels | St. Louis Post-Dispatch

But there's a catch for Lloyd, the Kansas City area native who's scheduled for unrestricted free agency after this season. If offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels leaves St. Louis, Lloyd would attempt to follow.

"I can't even lie about that," Lloyd said. "I'm tied to McDaniels. He uses me differently than other offensive coordinators used me in my entire career. He uses me as an every-play receiver. The short game, mid-range game, gimmick passes, deep balls.

"I do everything in this offense as opposed to other coordinators who would just run me off as the deep guy; run me off into double coverage and then say I'm not open. So I really like how Josh uses me within the offense. I'm extremely comfortable in the offense. So that is definitely going to be a. ...

At this point Lloyd paused and didn't finish the thought.

Read more: Rams' Lloyd will follow McDaniels

brady would elevate that guy to top 10 maybe top 5 wr

he makes amazing catches and unlike chambers, doesn't have dropsies

I don't think any WR has had as many highlight reel catches in a season as Lloyd did in 2010. He was ridiculous that season.

If Lloyd is on the Pats next season with McDaniels as the OC and Brady, Welker, Gronk, Hernandez, and Lloyd all stay healthy, then the 2012 Pats would be the first team to ever have four 1000 yard receivers. There's just too much talent there for that not to happen.

I would do it. That instantly solves the wideout problem, and gives us a chance to draft and develop a guy behind him.

I'd take him over V.Jax if somehow he was tied with McDaniels. Because he is right with McDaniels. Lloyd was the only real bright spot on that offense when he came to St.Louis...we were close to getting him this season, so Belichick must have some interest and like what he see's from him.

I'd take him over V.Jax if somehow he was tied with McDaniels. Because he is right with McDaniels. Lloyd was the only real bright spot on that offense when he came to St.Louis...we were close to getting him this season, so Belichick must have some interest and like what he see's from him.

definite cheaper than vj

Plus, isn't Jackson's next suspension going to be a 1 year one if he gets in trouble again?

yeah but how often do pats get popped for dui? lol

My concern would be how would Lloyd deal with not being #1?

if Josh comes back to new england he is not comeing with him Brandon Lloyd is not going to play here for 5 or 6 million per year and that all the pats will offer after they pay Welker top Five WR money

I don't think we'd be willing to pay big money to 2 receivers, so, assuming we franchise welker, that rules VJ out

Assuming Lloyd will come for "2nd tier receiver" money, I think it makes a lot of sense.

Mine as well, this organization is blind when it comes to evaluating receivers through the draft.

If they get JMD back I sign Lloyd in a second. The cap will expand rapidly due to the changes to the TV contract so you can finesse the $$$ to sign Lloyd and keep Welker.

A major issue is finding WR's who can understand the system, Lloyd KNOWS the system and likes it, this is a big deal IMO. We see how much of a problem this has been for even vet WR's like Galloway, and now Ochocinco.

I drool thinking about the Pats lining up Wes, Gronk AN and Lloyd........:rocker::D

That lineup would average 40+ pts per game....

I don't think any WR has had as many highlight reel catches in a season as Lloyd did in 2010. He was ridiculous that season.

If Lloyd is on the Pats next season with McDaniels as the OC and Brady, Welker, Gronk, Hernandez, and Lloyd all stay healthy, then the 2012 Pats would be the first team to ever have four 1000 yard receivers. There's just too much talent there for that not to happen.

He hasn't been nearly as consistent in any other season, but he's always had ridiculous highlight reel catches. On a percentage basis, he probably has 5x as many as highlight reel catches as any other WR ever. He just has insane hands and concentration. I would love BLloyd on this team.

Lloyd's agent must be pulling out his hair. Nothing like giving the team that McDaniels' lands with the upper hand in contract negotiations. But maybe he will be like Bruschi and take a well below market deal to be with the team he wants. Doesn't happen often these days, but who knows.

Lloyd's agent must be pulling out his hair. Nothing like giving the team that McDaniels' lands with the upper hand in contract negotiations. But maybe he will be like Bruschi and take a well below market deal to be with the team he wants. Doesn't happen often these days, but who knows.
Good thoughts. Though home town discount/winning team doesn't seem to be in the dna/psyche of a WR.

Also, I hope Tebow doesn't feel the same way as Loyd, though I'm sure BB could find a role for him, but we have Edleman as our everyman.

then the 2012 Pats would be the first team to ever have four 1000 yard receivers. There's just too much talent there for that not to happen.

That's 4,000 yards passing right there (or more likely somewhere around 4,500 since they won't all be RIGHT on 1,000 yards). And then you obv have to factor in all our other skill players who will catch at least some passes.

And I don't see Brady throwing for 5,000+ yards consistently (who can? lol), so I think the scenario you mention is highly implausible... not just for Brady, but for any offense in the foreseeable future.

Last edited:
Good thoughts. Though home town discount/winning team doesn't seem to be in the dna/psyche of a WR.

Also, I hope Tebow doesn't feel the same way as Loyd, though I'm sure BB could find a role for him, but we have Edleman as our everyman.

I could see Lloyd and Welker taking a small Home Town Discount to play here.

I am wondering if Edleman should become a full time DB and part time WR?

Bringing in McDaniels with Lloyd would be pretty sweet, OC filled and the WR position addressed early in free agency.

$6 mill .......Lloyd.....Ocho's money
$8 mill .......Welker
$18 mill.......Brady
$8 mill....Mankins
$5 mill.....Light ??+-
$3 mill....Waters
-----------------
$48 mill

Looks like $20 mill to play with

RBs total $4 mill max
WRS....Give Branch $2.5.....subs $2 mill= $4.5
TEs.......$3 mill
O line ....draft C, ......Ts plus subs $7
-----------------------------------------

Close $66 mill

Why not throw in a little Jonathan Stewart via Trade for $5 mill/....lets have another record offense

(All $$$ are wildly inacurate estimates and lazy roundings)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes