PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

By Tonight, Pats could be either #1, #2, or #3 seed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Come playoff time I don't think anyone is gonna want to face us regardless where the game is being played.

If we beat SF tonight, and we should, the #2 seed looks like a lock to me, but you still gotta play the games........

Get thee away from me. Thy name is hubris.lol:p

Well, so far, everyone is holding serve. Houston righted the ship with a win and still controls their own destiny. Denver continues it's winning ways and the Ravens continue a downward spiral.......

Pats will just have to win out to get the #2 seed and hope someone beats the Texans in Houston.........

Well, so far, everyone is holding serve. Houston righted the ship with a win and still controls their own destiny. Denver continues it's winning ways and the Ravens continue a downward spiral.......

Pats will just have to win out to get the #2 seed and hope someone beats the Texans in Houston.........

Texans will lose in Indy :D

Having Gronk back at 100% and everyone else healthy...I like Pats chances against any team they will face.

Playing all playoff games at The Razor will make them almost invincible. :rocker:

Just Win !! :singing:

Texans will lose in Indy :D

But if Indy wins against Chiefs next week, Indy has nothing to play for against Houston. They will have locked up #5 seed.

Better to root for Houston to lose to Vikes next week.....that scenario is more likely.

Looks like we'll be the 3rd seed, playing the Steelers/Bengals or Jets at home and then going to Denver against Manning...

obviously, being the 3rd seed means we have a much tougher road to get back to the superbowl...however, I think(especially with a healthy gronk) we can beat denver/houston(and its possible houston could lose in the 2nd round)

the Bye is over-rated in my opinion...how often does the team who gets the Bye win the superbowl? it usually ends up being a team who had to do it the hard way, winning games on the road.

Looks like we'll be the 3rd seed, playing the Steelers/Bengals or Jets at home and then going to Denver against Manning...

yes....it sucks.....why this was a needed win.....oh well too late now

obviously, being the 3rd seed means we have a much tougher road to get back to the superbowl...however, I think(especially with a healthy gronk) we can beat denver/houston(and its possible houston could lose in the 2nd round)

the Bye is over-rated in my opinion...how often does the team who gets the Bye win the superbowl? it usually ends up being a team who had to do it the hard way, winning games on the road.

If you exclude 85, we never got to the Super Bowl without the bye, so I would disagree its over-rated.

So that loss, or to be even more specific, that kick-return might have cost us...

-#2 seed (Broncos finish with Browns & Chiefs)
-Brady's MVP (Manning will have better record + slightly better stats)

And ultimately, a SB appearance, because I feel Denver/New England goes to whoever had homefield...

:mad:

the pats have never made a SB without being the #1 or 2 seed...so 3-4 seeds are bad is you base it on stats

the pats have never made a SB without being the #1 or 2 seed...so 3-4 seeds are bad is you base it on stats

If we can't beat the best. We shouldn't be the best. Make a new history then. New team new players new challenges

Playing 2 games at home > Playing 1 game at home, 1 on road. > Playing 1 game at home and 2 on the road against the two other toughest teams in your conference.

Tonight's loss was HUGE. if the Patriots won tonight it was a virtual guarantee that they are at least the 2 seed. but now the Patriots will likely have to TRAVEL TO DENVER if they are able to win in the wildcard round, a place where they have had significant trouble in the past and that was before the broncos had Peyton Manning.

Hopefully the Patriots can gain some momentum with the extra game they have and take it into Denver, they will likely need it.

there's a better chance Houston loses twice than Denver loses once.
texan have Minnesota, @Indy
Denver home vs. Cleveland & KC

Tonight's loss was HUGE. if the Patriots won tonight it was a virtual guarantee that they are at least the 2 seed. but now the Patriots will likely have to TRAVEL TO DENVER if they are able to win in the wildcard round, a place where they have had significant trouble in the past and that was before the broncos had Peyton Manning.

Hopefully the Patriots can gain some momentum with the extra game they have and take it into Denver, they will likely need it.

agree 100%....it's going to be tough

Sure but the past 7 superbowl winners: #1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 6.

Just saying. In the NFL, a lot of the "never happened" usually do.

We didn't see the real Patriots last night, the weather really screwed them up offensively for the first half of the game. Without all of the incredibly terrible and uncharacteristic errors, the Patriots would have won this game.

It is too late in the season for educational losses, your team is tired and irritated about the way the season has gone, nothing you can say to them now will make them play any better, without the losses earlier in the season, this team is easily the #1 or #2 seed, i know people say 'you are what your record says you are' but thats a load of bull****, The Patriots are the best team in the AFC and now because of a combination of unfortunate gaffes, errors and missed fieldgoals, they are going to have to go on the road and prove they can beat the Broncos and Texans again, this time in their building.

Its really the worst kind of loss, and one which will stick in their craw until they beat a real team in the playoffs.

As a broncos fan, I couldn't be more excited with tonight's Pats loss. There's no doubt in my mind either Denver or New England comes out of the AFC as the champions, and it seems pretty likely they'll play each other in the divisional or championship rounds.

Having that game be in Denver would be a HUGE advantage back our way. This is a different football team than the one you played in Week 5; Manning is comfortable with his receivers, our running game has improved, and our defense has really stepped it up.

While the game could certainly go either way, there's no doubt I feel significantly better with it being in Denver (possibly) than in New England.

Either way, this is shaping up to be a great ending to the season! :D

What about trying to get the 4th seed and avoid playing at Mile High?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back