Welcome to PatsFans.com

By the way, the modern Republican party was born out of racism

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Phokus, Mar 25, 2010.

1. Phokus

Phokus Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I know this is going to be a controversial topic, but i back EVERYTHING up with what Republicans have admitted to. These are factual quotes. I know there are going to be troll conservatives who don't even read this and attack me, but if you had an honest bone in your body, you will read through this and see if you could even offer one rebuttle to the opposite.

This is an undeniable fact. Historically, pre and post civil war, the party of racists was the Democratic party that represented the white southern conservative. The GOP was the party of the north.

When LBJ signed the civil rights act, he famously said, 'We have lost the South for a generation'.

Nixon brilliantly took advantage of this fact and his strategist had him target the south and had him fuel rightwing racist anger over the great betrayal from LBJ.

Southern strategy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Ever heard of Lee Atwater? He was Karl Rove before Karl Rove came to power. He admitted pretty much everything.

Lee Atwater - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Reagan, of course, couldn't use the N word or anything near that. As atwater pointed out, conservatives had to get more obscure by using dog whistle politics (i.e. states rights, welfare queen, which were all code words to electrify southern racist whites to dump the democratic party on the national level and vote republican while still voting democrat at the local level because of racist dixiecrat holdovers who hadn't yet switch to the GOP).

What Reagan meant by "states' rights." - By David Greenberg - Slate Magazine

Even the former chairman of the RNC, Ken Mehlman, apologized to blacks for this (and of course, the Limbaugh crowed eviscerated him for the apology, even though it was an honest apology).

Southern strategy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last but not least, i think you can all remember Bush vs. McCain in the 2000 south carolina primaries, in one of the most disgusting acts i've ever witnessed in politics in my lifetime. I hate John McCain with a passion, but even he didn't deserve this B.S. Karl Rove tactic:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Push_poll#Political_push_polls
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2010
  2. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

:sleeping: :sleeping: :sleeping:
  3. Phokus

Phokus Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Called it.

You've shown time and time again that you don't have the intellectual capacity to debate factual points.
  4. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

If find it highly ironic (and highly amusing) that you have the audacity to use the term "troll conservatives" when this entire thread you started is the textbook definition of trolling. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

My one regret is that I dignified it far more than it deserved with a response. I hope my fellow Conservative can forgive me.
  5. Phokus

Phokus Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

It's a troll? Then that means you think my facts are weak. Debate me on this.

Lets start off slowly:

Tell me why Lee Atwater admitting this much isn't evidence. These aren't MY words, these are atwater's words.
  6. khayos

khayos Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Really? The Democrats started the Civil War and tried to block equal rights. Why did you even go down this road?

EDIT: Ohhh I see. By disavowing the former KKK Democrat members AND using the CBC, everyone else is pure evil.
  7. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ---- JAG ----- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +25 / 1 / -0

#87 Jersey

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:
  8. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -2

The Canadian Broadcasting Corporation? :confused2:

Terri Gross, right?
  9. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0

Please explain the purpose of this thread?
  10. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -7

Is this kid Phokus still in high school or what? :confused2:

He doesn't realize half his neighbors are republicans! Either that, or he hates half the country! Go figure...:confused:
  11. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -5

Oh Boy
    Jesus don't the left wing liberals love the The Old Race Card
    NO FURTHER COMMENT
  12. Phokus

Phokus Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I gotta go to work, but i forgot one thing. William F Buckley is often considered the founder of the modern conservative movement and it started with his national journal, the National Review.

Back when it first started, the National Review sympathized with southern white conservatives who wanted to continue segregation and he resisted the civil rights act on free market grounds.

I'm going to have to dig a little, but I've read the articles before
  13. Phokus

Phokus Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Education.
  14. Phokus

Phokus Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Again, called it

nice hysterical use of big fonts btw, you're channeling your inner tea party very well
  15. BSR

BSR Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

There were racists in the south 50 years agao? :eek:

Who knew? :confused:
  16. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

Actually, note that he's referring to the modern Republican Party. Also, it's worth noting that in the mid-nineteenth century, the Republican Party was actually the liberal Party. In fact, after the North won the war, the Radical Republican wing of the Republican Party tried to press Lincoln to demand more concessions from the South.

The Democratic Party, starting under Roosevelt, began to take serious steps towards giving people of color equal rights, and JFK/LBJ made the biggest ethical move by championing Civil Rights. That in turn cost the Democrats the Dixiecrats (who were mostly Democrats because it was Lincoln who defeated them), who naturally went to the Republican Party, staining a party that already had little concern for minorities. But, I do think what JFK/LBJ did was one of the greatest acts of political courage in the history of our nation.
  17. khayos

khayos Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Okay, so the thread should read: the modern Republican party was born out of the Southern Democrats racism?
  18. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -5

There are Racists today right in the Democratic Party, right in Cambridge Ma and Frisco, they are experts at hiding it.
  19. atomdomb

atomdomb Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

By the way, NAMBLA was born out of homosexuals.
  20. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Where did that come from? Did you wake up thinking about that? (not that there's anything wrong with that)