Welcome to PatsFans.com

By the way, Pujo...

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by QuiGon, Feb 1, 2007.

1. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Tell your friends that they're in deep enough sh*t as it is, and a little public contrition would go a long way. People are not going to take well to all these pictures and videos of them giggling and laughing like smitten schoolgirls after what has happened. They can laugh it up all they want behind closed doors but if there's an ounce of grey matter anywhere behind all that hair, they would be 100% serious and apologetic when in public.
  2. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

I'm not giving them legal advice, and it sounds like the case is going to be tossed anyway considering what the judge said. They don't need to win any public opinion battles, their legal case is pretty tight.

Besides, hearing the DA's descriptions, how could you not laugh?

Sorry, Qui Gon, they don't need your respect.
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2007
  3. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +359 / 1 / -9

It's Bush's Fault
  4. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

That's good because I doubt a couple of 28 year old potheads would ever get it unless they were Jay and Silent Bob... but you once again show your naivete if you don't think public opinion can very easily become a factor in high profile court cases (which is pretty much what we have here). Come March, if 99% of the population is screaming for the mayor to throw the book at them, they could be in real trouble. But if/when the whole thing blows over, things will be a lot easier.
  5. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

The problem is that the statute is very clear on needing intent to cause panic, (mens rea) and there was clearly no intent. They can charge them with whatever they want, but if the judge isn't convinced the charge is legal, he'll toss it where it belongs.
  6. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

OK, and if they keep with the smarmy boy-aren't-we-funny attitude leading the public to call for their heads, they'll get charged with 38 counts of wanton vandalism and property destruction, each carrying a maximum penalty of $10,000 and 6 months in jail.

Do I think that is going to happen...? No way. But I do believe there should be some serious consequences of their actions. While I started the day sympathetic to their cause, I am quickly finding myself more closely allied with those that want to throw the book at these guys to wipe the smiles off their faces.
  7. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 4 / -2

What a couple of arrogant losers. Pujo, tell your friends I said they come accross as total idiots. :D They might be swell dudes and all, but their mocking of yesterdays events is insulting to the people they inconvenienced.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zx2ytr2Oyv4
  8. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Lol, good for them! They don't know you, but if they did they'd be happy you don't like them.

When the legal case blows over, they're going to clean up. For artists trying to make a name for themselves, you can't buy this kind of publicity.
  9. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I've wondered what will happen when Free Enterprise/Capitalism and our new Homeland Security paranoia collide?

Now we have two examples: Bush trying to give our ports to the arabs and now this.

Now if people would wake up and realize that buying gas funds many of our worst enemies...
  10. Real World

Ratings:
    +316 / 4 / -2

It's not that I don't like them. Afterall, I don't know them which is why I said they're probably swell dudes and all. I simply think that their attitude and response to what happened has loser written all over it. Whatever happened to being humble, contrite? People appreciate and respect humility. We always forgive those who are appologetic. To sit up there and mock the public in the manner with which they are, is a slap at that. They can act whatever way they want, the question is, should they?
  11. Real World

Ratings:
    +316 / 4 / -2

It so does. It's why I'm so supportive of increasing CAFE standards, tax credits for Hybrid purchaes, and hydrogen fuel cells. The sooner we can give all things oil the finger, the better off we'll all become.
  12. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

I have no problem with it, though they're doing it for publicity more than to get back at the city. They were unjustly attacked by the city and charged with something they obviously aren't guilty of (that whole pesky intent thing). They'd be in the right to just give everyone the middle finger (or have a Mooninite do it), but this way they're going to score points with the type of audience they're interested in. Don't forget, they're counterculture artists, what you, the mayor, or the governor thinks means nothing to them.

They should have never been charged with a felony in the first place, so I can see them not wanting to "pay respect". That would be politically correct, but they're not about that.
  13. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

They're obviously a pair of morons (no wonder they are friends with Pujo) and are winning no friends and gaining no support by their actions of today. All this counter-culture in your face nonsense can blow up at you in a court of law.
  14. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Only thing that'll matter in a court of law will be the law, which is clearly in their favor. I'm very excited that my "moron" friends will be able to milk this incident for all it's worth. Congratulations Boston, you made them famous at your expense. Meanwhile, you're still gonna be living in your ma's basement :)
  15. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Don't be an idiot (again). If the powers-that-be want to throw the book at these two stoners, that can be accomplished quite easily within the confines of the law.
    Yeah, this was obviously the plan all along... What a couple of geeeeeen-uises...!! :rolleyes:
    Which would still be preferable to the sh!thole apartment Berdovsky lives in...
  16. Real World

Ratings:
    +316 / 4 / -2

Your sentiment speaks volumes of what's wrong with today's society. A couple of tardo's climb up on electircal poles, underpasses, and highways, prop up electronically wired devices designed to attract attention, they have no permits or permission to do so, but none of that matters. When said devices are thought to be bombs, and the city is shutdown, costing millions to both people and state, they, and people like Pujo, are joyous, arrogant, and intent on flashing all those who've they hurt, the finger.

God bless the USA! :D
  17. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Lol, like to talk out of your ass much? Whether you're talking about someone's apartment you've never been to or talking about politics which you clearly don't understand, you still have an opinion.

Besides, Peter throws some of the best parties in Boston :)
  18. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

They're still better than those EC's.

Personally, I hope they give the middle finger to each and every person involved in this sham investigation.
  19. Real World

Ratings:
    +316 / 4 / -2

No offense Pujo, but you sound like a total dope here. You are showing your true colors.
  20. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Would it have gotten your support if it were advertising the next Star Wars episode- "Jar Jar Binks Goes Ballistic?"