Welcome to PatsFans.com

BY THE NUMBERS: Spotlight on the Patriots Rushing Attack From Monday Night

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by PatsFans.com Article, Aug 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PatsFans.com Article

PatsFans.com Article Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

BY THE NUMBERS: Spotlight on the Patriots Rushing Attack From Monday Night
    By: Ian Logue

Shane Vereen and Stevan Ridley earned every single yard they were able to fight for Monday night, with both being held to right around 2.0 yards per carry. Here's a look at how it shaped up:...

2. RelocatedPatFan

RelocatedPatFan Rookie

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0

Does this confirm the "eye test" that the Oline wasn't doing much to help out. Csn we find stats for yards after firdt contact? I wouldn't be shocked if ti was more than the total accumulated yards
  3. AzPatsFan

AzPatsFan Rookie

Ratings:
    +216 / 19 / -10

It is apparant that BB was playing mind games with more than the QBs, as has been discussed.

He wanted to judge the interior reserves and maybe in particular the center candidates. There were lots of running plays into the interior line and almost no plays around end.

He was looking to see who could muscle who, to make a better judgement at cutdown time. It also led to predictable 3rd and longs to better evaluate the tackles pass protection capacities, and also stress the QBs.

I'm certain he got plenty of film for the task. I came away from the game feeling as if it were a massive test scrimmage on the part of the Pats coaches. :rolleyes:

Still the poor conditions and purposely vanilla play calling, resulted in four offensive scoring drives, by the reserves. Even while going against the Philly first stringers. :eek:

I can see why Andy Reid was so pissed. He got his QB dinged and the Eagles D, despite some fine individual plays, still allowed four scoring drives to mere disorganized scrubs, who played them to a standstill except for a pair of cheap turnover TDs.:p
  4. TommyBrady12

TommyBrady12 Rookie

Ratings:
    +182 / 13 / -9

#12 Jersey

dang, who was playing center on monday night? 2.2 ypc up the middle...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.