Welcome to PatsFans.com

BY THE NUMBERS: Adalius Thomas - Why He May Have Been Benched

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by PatsFans.com Article, Oct 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PatsFans.com Article

PatsFans.com Article Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Ian's Daily Blog - The biggest story prior to the start of Sunday’s record setting win against the Tennessee Titans was the fact that veteran linebacker Adalius Thomas had been benched for the game. Thomas, who according to published reports wasn’t at the stadium and sources say was less than pleased about it, was reportedly benched due to “performance-related issues”*- [...]

2. patsfan-1982

patsfan-1982 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 1 / -0

kinda sound's like he's in the dog house for more then just he's play
  3. HEY BRO! WHAT UP?

HEY BRO! WHAT UP? Banned

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

You're a fool if you can't read into these quotes. In fact, these quotes tell you the entire story. You don't pay a guy that much money but de-activate him because "he didn't fit into the team's plans this week". BB is not happy with Thomas's play right now, and wouldn't surprise me if he is asked to take a massive pay cut or be cut next offseason.
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2009
  4. crowell33

crowell33 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

This summer I was upset when Thomas promised to "fake injuries" to miss games if the schedule was expanded. Now that he's at home on the couch, I guess it doesn't matter much.
  5. mgteich

mgteich PatsFans.com Veteran PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +227 / 17 / -2

Why should Thomas take a massive pay cut? If the patriots cut him, he will just go elsewhere, and the patriots will be stuck with an $8.8M cap hit for unamortized bonuses.

6. ctpatsfan77

ctpatsfan77 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +209 / 4 / -5

I'm sure JMcD could find a use for him. <sigh>

In any case, he's suggesting that after this season, the Pats will either force Thomas to take a pay cut, or be dumped. The hit next year won't be nearly as large, assuming there's any salary cap to worry about.
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2009
  7. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +603 / 4 / -12

#87 Jersey

I'm thinking more that Thomas is unhappy with his role more than anything. He's been out in coverage and in the case of the Ravens he was spying Flacco. Seems like Bill is very comfortable this year playing in the big nickel with 2 tough inside linebackers. All of our outside linebackers are role players sharing time with the secondary players ... Adalius has been sent a message. He's overpriced as a role player but he should be happy he still has a job.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.