PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

By Monday

Status
Not open for further replies.

BelichickFan

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
We'll have the most cap space in the league if every other team continues spending like drunken sailors. I know there was a lot more cap space for everyone this year but I bet Belioli is glad to see everyone's cap space going down, down, down. Let's go league, keep it up.

BelichickFan said:
We'll have the most cap space in the league if every other team continues spending like drunken sailors. I know there was a lot more cap space for everyone this year but I bet Belioli is glad to see everyone's cap space going down, down, down. Let's go league, keep it up.

Whats the point of cap space if there is no one good to spend it on.

R_T26 said:
There will be good players to spend it on, there are always good players left out at the end.

R_T26 said:

Easy: you restructure someone for LTBE bonuses that they cant possibly earn, and recover the cap space in future years.

rookBoston said:
Easy: you restructure someone for LTBE bonuses that they cant possibly earn, and recover the cap space in future years.

or we can spend some it on some good FA's and try to win the Super Bowl next year. Watching the steelers win it last year made me sick. i dont want to feel that way ever again.

R_T26 said:
or we can spend some it on some good FA's and try to win the Super Bowl next year. Watching the steelers win it last year made me sick. i dont want to feel that way ever again.

Agreed. Let's get our horses and ride out to battle!

R_T26 said:
or we can spend some it on some good FA's and try to win the Super Bowl next year.
Sure, if you want to overpay like every FA signing is right now.

I agee with waiting, besides it has seemed to work in the past. I'm living in Chicago now, and the gossip is how the Bears are hot for Randal El. How would you feel if the Patriots were throwing a whole lot of scratch on a guy that is a questionable number two. Let these other teams feed on the frenzy free agents and we'll pick and choose.

R_T26 said:

How did you feel from 1960 to 2000? Oh, you're probably not that old. Super Bowl victories aren't just for the Patriots. Don't forget, half the teams playing now have yet to win one. If you include the Colts win when they were in Baltimore, 15 of 32 have still yet to win.

My thinking is that if BBSP wanted a particular player badly enough, he'd already be signed. Expect nothing dramatic from them now for a while. Still say the big name we get is Mawae. From what he was saying the other day, this is personal and he wants to wear that flying elvis. He'll come for the league minimum (or close) plus incentives and a small bonus.

Fanfrom1960 said:
How did you feel from 1960 to 2000? Oh, you're probably not that old. Super Bowl victories aren't just for the Patriots. Don't forget, half the teams playing now have yet to win one. If you include the Colts win when they were in Baltimore, 15 of 32 have still yet to win.

Im obviously being a bit sarcastic and overstaing things to add effect.

R_T26 said:

Really? Since your idea of "GOOD FREE AGENTS" includes Charles Woodson and Lavar Arrington, forgive me if I don't feel that your thinking is rational.

Yes, it stunk to watch a pathetic Steelers team win the SB. However, with the injuries that the Pats sustained, it was highly unlikely they would return. Hopefully, this year will be different. Hopefully, the O-line will be healthy as will the secondary. Hopefully, the Pats will have also brought in someone to groom behind Dillon, someone to groom at OLB and Ryan Claridge will show that he has a future with the Pats.

Hopefully, the Pats will sign some players like Tank Williams, Bart Scott, and Brian Finneran, as well as re-signing Willie McGinest, Andre Davis and Adam Vinatieri. Hopefully, they will get contract extensions to Deion Branch, Richard Seymour, Dan Koppen and Dan Graham. Possibly to Asante Samuel as well. If that happened, that would be an OUTSTANDING free agency period.

I want the Pats to be WISE with their money and how they address free agency. I want the Pats to bring in players whom they feel can work within the system and bring the intensity they need.

DaBruinz said:
Really? Since your idea of "GOOD FREE AGENTS" includes Charles Woodson and Lavar Arrington, forgive me if I don't feel that your thinking is rational.

Yes, it stunk to watch a pathetic Steelers team win the SB. However, with the injuries that the Pats sustained, it was highly unlikely they would return. Hopefully, this year will be different. Hopefully, the O-line will be healthy as will the secondary. Hopefully, the Pats will have also brought in someone to groom behind Dillon, someone to groom at OLB and Ryan Claridge will show that he has a future with the Pats.

Hopefully, the Pats will sign some players like Tank Williams, Bart Scott, and Brian Finneran, as well as re-signing Willie McGinest, Andre Davis and Adam Vinatieri. Hopefully, they will get contract extensions to Deion Branch, Richard Seymour, Dan Koppen and Dan Graham. Possibly to Asante Samuel as well. If that happened, that would be an OUTSTANDING free agency period.

I want the Pats to be WISE with their money and how they address free agency. I want the Pats to bring in players whom they feel can work within the system and bring the intensity they need.

good post.

really, it's as simple as this - we have BB and SP....i trust them more than i'd trust myself when it comes to building this team....

instead of criticizing, we should just watch and learn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back