PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bwahahaha! Da' Bears!

The best part of this fiasco was listening to Mark Trestman call a press-conference in order to deal with an problem that became external only to proceed to answer all questions pertaining to said problem by saying that they are handling it "internally".

This is comic gold, folks.

Trestman is horrible. The 49ers are going to strike gold in getting a pick for Harbaugh. Chicago, NYJ, OAK, ATL and perhaps NO and NYG.

Trestman is really a bad bad head coach.

that whole franchise is terrible. The owners suck, the president sucks, the GM sucks, the coaches are not ready to be coaches and the players they have are terrible minus WR, TE and RB

One thing I'd like to add is that I find it ironic that Kromer has to apologize in front of Jay Cutler and the offense but Brandon Marshall does not. IIRC, he made comments on the "anonymous" report from Rappaport to the effect of it being true, that of buyer's remorse.

This, along with Trestman caught in mid-sentence retracting a comment calling out Marshall for quitting on routes and the Twitter incident a few weeks back lead me to reckon that it is Marshall and Cutler who run the Bears and not George McKaskey, Ted Phillips, Phil Emery, or Marc Trestman.

I sincerely hope that the Bears keep this "brain trust" in tact for 2015. The ineptitude is so much fun to witness first hand in Chicago.

Last edited:
I can't get my head around Kromer admitting to this. He probably should not have said anything to the media and must've felt guilty about it, but he more or less put his job in jeopardy while intentionally shaming himself in front of everyone by "coming clean." The ironic thing is he (anonymously) told the truth about Cutler, then had to apologize to the dipshyt.

It get's even more bizarre as 670 the score was reporting today that Trestman learned of this on the Friday BEFORE the story broke on Sunday. :eek:

It get's even more bizarre as 670 the score was reporting today that Trestman learned of this on the Friday BEFORE the story broke on Sunday. :eek:
Hell, if this is true, Trestman could've kept a lid on it by telling Kromer to just let it go. What are they saying in Chicago about WHY Kromer admitted to it?

Hell, if this is true, Trestman could've kept a lid on it by telling Kromer to just let it go. What are they saying in Chicago about WHY Kromer admitted to it?

Not sure, but my instinct tells me that Trestman, who is notorious for treating players/coaches like family members and is all about expressing feelings and emotions and promoting positive energy, urged Kromer to come clean in front of Jay Cutler and the offense.

Of course, it backfired and now they have an external distraction on their hands. In vintage Trestman fashion, he scheduled a press conference to address this externally by telling all of the reporters that they are handling it internally.

What I find hilarious about all of this is that the Bears apparently had coaching candidates conduct mock press conferences in 2013.

Not sure, but my instinct tells me that Trestman, who is notorious for treating players/coaches like family members and is all about expressing feelings and emotions and promoting positive energy, urged Kromer to come clean in front of Jay Cutler and the offense.

Of course, it backfired and now they have an external distraction on their hands. In vintage Trestman fashion, he scheduled a press conference to address this externally by telling all of the reporters that they are handling it internally.

What I find hilarious about all of this is that the Bears apparently had coaching candidates conduct mock press conferences in 2013.
The whole thing is pathetically sad and so dysfunctional. Bears fans deserve better.

The whole thing is pathetically sad and so dysfunctional. Bears fans deserve better.

They do. The biggest problem is that the ownership has handed football operations over to a man with nary a shred of football background in Ted Phillips.

Phillips is the guy who saved the franchise from being run out of town by (former) Mayor Daley. Ownership was so grateful they made him in charge of both financial and football operations.

A lot of negative things are true about the Bears. Among the negatives is the QB is erratic (and his performance clearly isn't a dollar value - at least as of yet). And the whole teary eyed thing, then the over explanation to the media is bizarre.

But there is no doubt the OC should not be cutting down a player to the media. It is most likely to have a negative effect on the team's preparation for winning games.
((and from a intra-political standpoint, probably not a good idea to cut down a player that was recently sanctioned a huge contract by the organization).

OK, poll time.

What's the most dysfunctional franchise now?

Jets
Redskins
Bears
Raiders

Jets still win

OK, poll time.

What's the most dysfunctional franchise now?

Jets
Redskins
Bears
Raiders

Well that's a stupid poll. It will always be the jets until they make 1969 go away

Bears are bad...but nowhere near the jets. cutler is a garbage QB and garbage coach...and to think they could have had Ariens...

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back