PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Butterflies in my Stomach

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a different view of Orthwein that may cause you to reconsider: after the following season, Orthwein was in the process of moving the team to St. Louis. The only obstacle was the need to get out of the Foxboro Stadium lease. The stadium was owned by Robert Kraft. Orthwein offered Kraft $75m to buy out the lease. Kraft refused. Orthwein was forced to put the team up for sale. Kraft raised the money, and the rest was history.

I have the same perspective today, though, and although the history for the Pats is bizarre with the Michael Jackson/ Sullivan partnership putting the team in bankruptcy, Victor Kiam's delicate handling of the Lisa Olson saga, and Parcells spiriting off to New York after the Super Bowl in 1997 abandoning the team, it's an incredible time to reflect on how far the team has come to get to this point.

Well, if you are right -- and I would agree you are --, are there any good guys left??? But somewhere in the recesses of my mind, I remember Orthwein saying that there was a huge market for the Pats in the Boston area, the NFL agreed -- I think there was more to it. Regardless, Orthwein moved on as a gentleman, and he is still a hero to me.

St. Louis did get their team!!! But no team in LA??? Seems strange.

You think you've got problems? Every time I watch a Pats' game on

TV, I cough incessantly for three hours.

??????? WTF? Why do you cough for 3 hours?

Got the Blue hat with the Flying Elvis and the red bill with Patriots in blue letters on...it's been on all day...it's been on EVERY SINGLE GAME this season...

IT'S THE HAT....NOBODY beats the hat...Giants are all done

NOBODY beats the hat....NO BODY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back