PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Butterflies in my Stomach

Status
Not open for further replies.

pats1yes

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
Well, I am sitting here waiting for the game. I woke up this morning and had these weird butterflies in my stomach.

Pinch me. After all the bad years, and then the good, tonight means so much more to me than the SB.

For those of you that do not remember, I (and we) sat in our stadium on the last game of the season after our team was bought by Orthwein -- a guy from St Louis that lost his team. It was a very sad day for me. I thought that my Pats were gone. I still cannot believe what a great guy he was. He let us keep our team. Orthwein you are my hero.

So here we sit. One of the best teams in history, and certainly the best in the modern era. Pinch me already.

Just proud. Happy to be where we are. For all you young New England fans, it was a long road, but darn a good one. Appreciate it, it will not last forever.

Not much more to say, just happy. Even if we lose, just happy to be a Pats fan. And New England, well, just the best place to live.

Proud, darn right. Arrogant, nope.

i'm all giddy too. this game means absolutely nothing, and yet it means so much. so many records to break, undefeated season, etc.. and yet the game is almost pointless.
i feel like the super bowl is coming tonight. and even when or if there are backups in, i will be screaming just as loud.

It won't mean as much to me as a SB, but it's freaking BIG. There is NO one that can deny that. To anyone that ever watched Tommy Hodson or Hugh Millen under center for us, this "perfect seaon" will be the final excising of demons past (whatever few are still hanging around there in there :D )

It also helps that this game is being hyped like a SUPER BOWL too.

Thank you for the perspective.

Those of us who remember the team before Kraft recall the bad and the ugly. This is a great day! It will eclipse such moments as the Snow Bowl Game in 1982, and the miracle patriots who faced the best single season team of all time in 1985. This is a day that patriot fans and all NFL fans will recall for generations. Now it will be the 2007 patriots who are interviewed every time a team is 10-0. It will end a perfect regular season.

And then the bye, and we can all focus on the second season.

But, for now this is the day for the ages.

Well, I am sitting here waiting for the game. I woke up this morning and had these weird butterflies in my stomach.

Pinch me. After all the bad years, and then the good, tonight means so much more to me than the SB.

For those of you that do not remember, I (and we) sat in our stadium on the last game of the season after our team was bought by Orthwein -- a guy from St Louis that lost his team. It was a very sad day for me. I thought that my Pats were gone. I still cannot believe what a great guy he was. He let us keep our team. Orthwein you are my hero.

So here we sit. One of the best teams in history, and certainly the best in the modern era. Pinch me already.

Just proud. Happy to be where we are. For all you young New England fans, it was a long road, but darn a good one. Appreciate it, it will not last forever.

Not much more to say, just happy. Even if we lose, just happy to be a Pats fan. And New England, well, just the best place to live.

I have a Patrified Woody.

I have all my gear on, and I'm sitting here drinking coffee....who says this is a nothing game? This is one of the biggest games the Patriots have ever played. No other team in history has had such an honest shot at a 16-0.

REAL big game!!!

Go Get It Pats...It's Yours To Get.

GO PATRIOTS!!

Last edited:
I have all my gear on, and I'm sitting here drinking coffee....who says this is a nothing game? This is one of the biggest games the Patriots have ever played. No other team in history has had such an honest shot at a 16-0.

REAL big game!!!

Go Get It Pats...It's Yours To Get.

GO PATRIOTS!!
How can you stand the wait on the East Coast? Seems like 10 hours have already gone by since I got up and like 6 more to go before the kickoff. Didn't there used to be 2 NFL Saturday games after the college season ended? Let's go! :mad:

You think you've got problems? Every time I watch a Pats' game on

TV, I cough incessantly for three hours.

I've been up since about 3 am, hips hurt so bad I couldn't sleep. This has been the LONGEST friggin day!

LETS GO PATRIOTS*! :D

Embrace the hate and make history!!! :rocker:

who says this is a nothing game? This is one of the biggest games the Patriots have ever played. No other team in history has had such an honest shot at a 16-0.

True, Someone wins the SB every year. This has never happened before.

I've been up since about 3 am, hips hurt so bad I couldn't sleep. This has been the LONGEST friggin day!

LETS GO PATRIOTS*! :D

Embrace the hate and make history!!! :rocker:

3 am? have fun staying up untill midnight. that sucks man.

Heh,

I understand everything you fellows are saying. I've been a Pats fan since 1972. I tell folks that my grey hair comes equally from my kids and the Patriots.

I was up early this morning, showered, shaved, and wearing my red Patriots T-shirt and grey sweat suit. Call me a homer, that's fine, but I've worn the same combination for each game this year, and I am NOT about to change it now. It indeed has been a killer waiting for the game. I feel like a kid at Christmas time, and i am so very greatful for it.

Lihe as a Patriots fan has been great the past few years, and to be honest, I sometimes do wonder if it's all real.

respects,

Got the Blue hat with the Flying Elvis and the red bill with Patriots in blue letters on...it's been on all day...it's been on EVERY SINGLE GAME this season...

IT'S THE HAT....NOBODY beats the hat...Giants are all done

How can you stand the wait on the East Coast? Seems like 10 hours have already gone by since I got up and like 6 more to go before the kickoff. Didn't there used to be 2 NFL Saturday games after the college season ended? Let's go! :mad:
I'm not on the East coast...I'm in Orange County...Laguna Hills. :D

I have to go to work at 12:30 so I figured I'd tried to sleep a few hours before the game. Yeah, that ain't happening. Had the radio on then decided to try it off but in the end figured I'd pass some time on the computer, still 2 hours to go.

I'm not on the East coast...I'm in Orange County...Laguna Hills. :D
Yes, nice country there. SF Bay Area here, just after 3 O'Clock and it still seems like the longest wait. Did they have the coin toss yet?

Here's a different view of Orthwein that may cause you to reconsider: after the following season, Orthwein was in the process of moving the team to St. Louis. The only obstacle was the need to get out of the Foxboro Stadium lease. The stadium was owned by Robert Kraft. Orthwein offered Kraft $75m to buy out the lease. Kraft refused. Orthwein was forced to put the team up for sale. Kraft raised the money, and the rest was history.

I have the same perspective today, though, and although the history for the Pats is bizarre with the Michael Jackson/ Sullivan partnership putting the team in bankruptcy, Victor Kiam's delicate handling of the Lisa Olson saga, and Parcells spiriting off to New York after the Super Bowl in 1997 abandoning the team, it's an incredible time to reflect on how far the team has come to get to this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes