Welcome to PatsFans.com

Butler serving time in backup role

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by jmt57, Aug 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jmt57

jmt57 Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +168 / 0 / -0

Butler serving time in backup role by Mark Farinella of the Attleboro Sun Chronicle

Amazing that a day one draft pick has become a forgotten man on this roster, especially when plays a position that was probably the worst on the Pats team last year.

Sounds like he does have the "what to say in an interview" portion of his training down already.
  2. scott99

scott99 Rookie

Ratings:
    +79 / 65 / -56

#87 Jersey

I'm excited about Butler. I think he can be a starting CB in a year or two, do some kickoff/punt return work, and even catch some passes as a receiver. He's gonna be an excellent asset to our defensive backfield for years to come. With Wilhite/Wheatley, Butler, Merriweather & Chung, I'm really excited for the future.
  3. patriot lifer

patriot lifer Rookie

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0

#87 Jersey

it's good that he's out there for tc. he's getting a ton of reps with the double sessions (along with Wheatley). i look forward to seeing him in the preseason (no doubt against second and third stringers, but nevertheless).
  4. Solryn

Solryn Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

He was amazing to watch down at Uconn. This was a great pick-up, he has the ability to play multiple positions and to play them very well. I feel he'll be a starting CB by the second half of the year or next year at the latest. For the 1st half of the year he'll be a force on special teams.

He also has the ability to be returning kicks too if needed or even stepping up into the O as a WR.

Very talented and smart player.
  5. Sicilian

Sicilian On the Roster

Ratings:
    +229 / 1 / -2

Hopefully he's playing mostly ST and spot duty this year, because that will mean the four guys ahead of him are healthy and doing their jobs.
  6. PushnPencils

PushnPencils Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -1

Butler will be fine. Smart kid...gifted athlete...born to be corner.

I remember we were all questioning Meriweather. He looked very lost that first year.

Butler and Chung will be great players for us in short order.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.