PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Butch Stearns: Rivers MAY have torn ACL, or not [mergedx2]

Status
Not open for further replies.

pats1

PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Just "broke" it on his WEEI Big Show last call.

More at 10 on FOX!

Rivers has a torn ACL

Heard on the Big Show on EEI. He said that he will still try to play, but his lateral movement is restricted.

Butch Stern on WEEI just said

that he's hearing that Philip Rivers has a torn ACL. He said that he will have more on the news at 10 (fox 25) tonight. He said that Philips said that he will still try to play. Stay tuned...

I hope BB found some old Volek tapes to study. Even if Philips starts, I doubt highly that he will finish the game, IMO.

Re: Butch Stearns: Rivers has torn ACL [mergedx2]

LOL, we must all be listening to WEEI today. :D

Re: Butch Stearns: Rivers has torn ACL

Although the way he was walking off field Sunday sure didn't look like a torn ACL. I've torn an ACL and I could barely walk for a week.

Personally I'd rather face an injured Rivers than a healthy Volek.

Personally I'd rather face an injured Rivers than a healthy Volek.

I'd rather face a healthy Rivers than a healthy Volek.

Re: Butch Stern on WEEI just said

that he's hearing that Philip Rivers has a torn ACL. He said that he will have more on the news at 10 (fox 25) tonight. He said that Philips said that he will still try to play. Stay tuned...

I hope BB found some old Volek tapes to study. Even if Philips starts, I doubt highly that he will finish the game, IMO.

Ummm...yeah...thanks Goodell

It's a sprained MCL nothing more. You can't run or play with a torn ACL. :cool:

I dont know what they are talking about here in Local radio they just had the Charger trainer on the radio and he said Rivers is going to play. LT went thru full practice and Gates is probably out for the game. Norv also said that Rivers will practice tomorrow.

Butch Sterns uhn, I'd wait on that.

Uh yea...Butch Stearns is either misreporting or misquoting. You can barely walk on a torn ACL, especially this close to it happening, while I imagine you could play, you're just asking for permanent long term damage from even the slightest of pass rush.

There's 0% chance he has a torn ACL and is playing.

The first big story Butch Stearns breaks will be his first, but Chad Jackson walked off the field in Indy with a torn ACL, so Rivers being mobile in the immediate aftermath doesn't rule it out. Adrenaline, etc., but there's no way he would be up and moving around now, and I doubt you could keep that sort of thing under wraps for most of the week leading up to the AFCC. I call bull.

Edi-t- Not to mention that no one under any circumstances would allow their franchise QB to play with a torn ACL. Hell, I doubt any team would allow any player to take the field in that condition for a million different reasons. Nothing about Stearns and his story makes sense. Rivers will play, LaDainian will play, Gates will give it a go. This is the biggest game of their careers to this point.

Last edited:
Re: Butch Stearns: Rivers has torn ACL

Although the way he was walking off field Sunday sure didn't look like a torn ACL. I've torn an ACL and I could barely walk for a week.

He was laughing his tail off too. I don't buy it either.

The first big story Butch Stearns breaks will be his first, but Chad Jackson walked off the field in Indy with a torn ACL, so Rivers being mobile in the immediate aftermath doesn't rule it out. Adrenaline, etc., but there's no way he would be up and moving around now, and I doubt you could keep that sort of thing under wraps for most of the week leading up to the AFCC. I call bull.

Technically Jackson's injury was his achilles.

I dont know what they are talking about here in Local radio they just had the Charger trainer on the radio and he said Rivers is going to play. LT went thru full practice and Gates is probably out for the game. Norv also said that Rivers will practice tomorrow.
Well that's a relief. I'd much rather face Rivers than Volek. Thanks.

Thanks for clarifying, there's a big difference between an ACL and MCL tear. Even so, it's going to be tough to play just a week later; even a minor MCL tear can cause a player to miss a week or two like with Adrian Peterson this year.

This just in, Brady is out with a right shoulder injury per the injury report. lol. You can't run on and off the field like he did with a torn ACL. Oh wait, it's torn. Volek will start and Rivers will be sidelined all game. Pats prepare for Volek, no hope for rivers. lol.

An angle to the Charger/Colt game that got little attention around here was Tomlinson getting in Rivers face on the sidelines about Rivers not going back into the Indy game after hurting his knee. This as Latisha herself sat out the game with a knee that suffered NO structural damage and was ruled a hyperextenion. This is why the Chargers will never win as long as selfish me fiirst creeps like LT are the "leaders" on that team.
Powder blue is a perfect color for Tomlinson.

From the San Diego sports radio station am 1090, a caller said he had information from the Chargers trainer that it was a MCL injury and that Rivers would be able to play. I didn't pay much attention to the caller and niether did the talk show hosts, but it sounds like there might be some truth to it after this release.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing