PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Butch Stearns: Pats close to Ty Law deal; Law prefers Pats over Jets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who (do we think) would be the top corner now: Hobbs or Fernando?

Good question. I really think Law would help Hobbs' development a great deal. Maybe he can go from JAG to All-Pro over the course of 2 seasons like Asante did.

Law + 2 draftees in the first 4 rounds =

Hobbs, Bryant, Law, rook, rook and then Webster and Richardson competing for another spot / special teams...I'm fine with that.

Good question. I really think Law would help Hobbs' development a great deal. Maybe he can go from JAG to All-Pro over the course of 2 seasons like Asante did.

I think 27 is closer to achieving that now than Samuel was 2 years ago. Remember when many of us were calling for 22 to be the nickel? I sure was.

This thread has adequately covered the who situation, but I figured I'd add my two cents.

I think Law would be a great addition. He isn't the player he once was, but he is a sure tackler and can be trusted to knock down passes. I think he is a smarter player than Samuel because he won't take as many risks. At the same time, he isn't as fast as Samuel nor is he as good of a corner.

If we can avoid leaving Law at there so much that he gets gassed, I think he will do just fine.

I think this means we leave Hobbs against whoever the smaller WR is, and Law or Bryant against the bigger guys. Of course draft picks could change this too.

I think 27 is closer to achieving that now than Samuel was 2 years ago. Remember when many of us were calling for 22 to be the nickel? I sure was.

Hobbs will have a huge season this year mark my words (I have marked them in my sig)

I want law back.

Thank God I missed that edge-of-your-seat moment... I would have been pissed to find out it was basically recycled news. It was kind of funny to read this thread though.

any update.?

ty law is back for sure.?

Last edited:
All this news is really great, watching the Pats address depth at CB and TE before going into the draft... very smart on their part.

I expect they'll still draft a CB and a TE - but there's no pressure to do so with any of the top picks now, assuming the news about Ty is true.

Last edited:
I would like to officially be on the record as hoping very hard that we get Ty Law back. He is the ultimate Peyton Manning nemesis. Come home, Ty!

i heard Ty Law is 47.

This would be a huge signing. BB has won the SB with less at corner. Still wouldn't mind seeing a corner taken in the first though.

Re: Butch Stearns: Pats close to Ty Law deal

Well, Richardson is not even close to a lock to make the team, nevermind a third corner behind Hobbs and Bryant.

If Richardson does make the team, it'll be as a 5th CB/ST type.

Richardson could well surprise everyone. Don't count him out as a bottom of the barrel type, Pats1.

Ty Law was born in 1974. That would make him 34 not 38...

:violent:

Sorry, but that's been mentioned at least 5 times though in this thread.

No worries, though. ;)

Richardson could well surprise everyone. Don't count him out as a bottom of the barrel type, Pats1.

Right, but at this point, counting him in with Bryant and Hobbs is ridiculous.

:violent:

Sorry, but that's been mentioned at least 5 times though in this thread.

No worries, though. ;)

I noticed.. I posted my reply as soon as I read post 29...

Right, but at this point, counting him in with Bryant and Hobbs is ridiculous.

Really? I don't think so. I don't believe that Bryant has a job locked up. And, in all honesty, neither would Law, if he does actually re-sign with the Pats.

With all the one year deals, the Pats have a lot of competition that they can easily cut without much of a penalty.

Its going to be a very tough training camp for guys like Law, Bryant and Webster as well as Richardson. And, while Law, Bryant and Webster are all Vets, they all have something to prove and could easily be beaten out if they are lax about their preparation.

Sign him up! Law makes the play in the 4th quarter that nobody else on that defense could!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back