PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Butch Stearns: Pats close to Ty Law deal; Law prefers Pats over Jets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Fox 25's Dave Briggs: Former Patriot back in Foxboro, new at 11 [COULD BE LAW]

Butch Stearns has learned the Pats are talking with both the Pats and Jets.

Ha.

Ha.

Ha.

Ha.

You mean Law?

Re: Fox 25's Dave Briggs: Former Patriot back in Foxboro, new at 11 [COULD BE LAW]

You mean Law?

Sorry, I'm an emotional wreck right now. I want to tear Dave Briggs apart.

Last edited:
Re: Fox 25's Dave Briggs:

Bastard. I am going to bed.

Thanks anyway, Pats1.

Last edited:

yes thats what he means

So then what exactly is the news? Wasn't this was reported months ago? I realize he's in town, but maybe it's just more negotiations?

Welcome to the world of Butch "The King of Tease" Sterns.

Sterns also says that the team is close to a long term deal with Assante Samual as well. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Butch Stearns: Pats close to Ty Law deal

OK, it's sort of news:

http://community.myfoxboston.com/blogs/Butch_Stearns/2008/04/22/Pats_close_to_deal_with_Ty_Law

Pats Close to Deal With Ty Law
Apr 22, 2008 | 9:36 PM
Category: Sports

FOX25 has learned that the Patriots are close to a deal with Ty Law that would bring the 38 year old cornerback back to Foxboro.

According to a source close to the situation, Law is ready to sign in order to play football this upcoming season with either the Patriots or the New York Jets and both teams are talking with him right now. Also according to the source, Law would prefer to sign with the Patriots and they are working hard towards making that happen as soon as possible.

Law is a five time Pro Bowl cornerback who played the first ten years of his career with the Patriots after being drafted by them out of the University of Michigan with the 23rd overall pick in the 1995 NFL draft. After earning three Super Bowl rings with the Patriots, Law was released by New England in February 2005 and later signed on with the New York Jets. Ty played just one season in New York before he signed with the Kansas City Chiefs. After two seasons with in Kansas City he was released by the Chiefs earlier this year.

Law is currently tied with Raymond Clayborn on the Patriots all-time list for interceptions with 36.

When reached for comment on this story on Tuesday night the Patriots said they have no comment.

Your thoughts?

Butch

Last edited:

Butch Stearns is still on TV? That's a shocker.

So then what exactly is the news? Wasn't this was reported months ago? I realize he's in town, but maybe it's just more negotiations?

Yep. In other news, Chad Johnson wants out of Cinci, there is a draft this weekend, and the season starts in September.

God Butch Stearns is an A**...I freakin hate that pompus ahole. Seriously, he's one of the worst "sports" guys in this town....even makes Bill Burt seem like a friggin genius at times.

Ty Law is 38???? :D

hmmmmmm

it'd be cool if he came back but it's not like i'd be worried or anything if he went to the Jets.

This tv guy sounds like a stupid idiot.

I dont know, Stearns sucks but compared to Mazz McMullan D&C and fatty that broke Walsh gate, he's got a lot of competition for worst in town. He actually looks good in comparison

Call me crazy, but I am oddly comfortable with Hobbs, Bryant, Richardson, and a draft pick or three. I wouldn't say no to Ty Law, but I don't think he's as needed as we all thought back in February.

Well, Richardson is not even close to a lock to make the team, nevermind a third corner behind Hobbs and Bryant.

If Richardson does make the team, it'll be as a 5th CB/ST type.

Last edited:
Law is 34.

Stearns is an awful reporter. Law is only 34. If the moron can't even get a simple thing like age correct, I don't think he deserves our trust on anything else.

What an idiot.

J D Sal

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes