PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Butch from the Cape. I miss him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

3 to be 4

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
I must admit it. I miss the old guy. Anybody remember him on WEEI?

the funny thing is, it was right after he died that Boston teams reeled off 4 major sports championships.

the funny thing is, it was right after he died that Boston teams reeled off 4 major sports championships.

it was the curse of the butch all along

I remember him, and w/o him and guys like him, Boston sports radio has degenerated into one big audition space for a-holes like Felger to get national gigs.

Unlistenable.

Butchie was without a doubt the greatest caller ever on sports radio. These NY lover clowns now like Frank from Gloucester, of Joey from the North End are a couple of low grade wannabees. They couldnt carry Butchies empty Guinness glass.

Gotta love the "dis is Butchie from beyond da grave" guy, though.

Rest in peace, Butchie.

Some of his names for players were the best

Drew Bozo
Coach Pinocchio (Pitino)
Nosemar or No-arm

The funny thing was if he had lived his response to them winning the championships, especially the Red Sox, would have driven Boston fans nuts because in place of getting mad he would have simply said "The sun shines on every dog's @ss once every 86 years." :rofl:

The funny thing was when they got him to speak honestly he'd say stuff like "I'll give the devil his due he's the best I've seen since Koufax (Pedro)."

It does seem as though EEI has slipped over the last few years, his absence could be a big part of it. You just loved to hate that guy.

Anybody hate Danny from Quincy?

Butchie was the best, I remember one time he called just as I was getting out of my car to grab a bite to eat and I stopped what I was doing just to listen to him.

Can't stand that Saturday WEEI show with all the MFY fans who call, although all of their acts are getting old, the MFY have done squat recently, but you'd never know it listing to some of them.

As Danny Boy mentioned, I can't sand that POS Joey from the North End. A caller to WEEI had one of the best lines ever and it was directed at that cementhead; he said Joey is from the North End, but he talks out of his South End...............priceless, the dead from the neck up goon he is.........

That guy was a shady character from what I recall hearing about him -- a professional bookie or something like that. One thing that seemed obvious to me was that his monologues were written out ahead of time.

Eff all MFY fanboys, and dolts fanboys.

I hope they all join Butch in Hell, and that right soon.

I never bought into what folks saw in the guy. Struck me as a phoney, stuck on himself. Didn't talk much football.

I miss Butch,it wasn't just what he said,it was how he said it.Phraseiology you never heard elsewhere. ON Bledsoe, he's tall got a strong arm,he has a strong arm .He's and he's tall.He's sartin to leak oil etc. He was unique,he added a flavor to the show.

Last edited:
Butchie was without a doubt the greatest caller ever on sports radio. These NY lover clowns now like Frank from Gloucester, of Joey from the North End are a couple of low grade wannabees. They couldnt carry Butchies empty Guinness glass.

Gotta love the "dis is Butchie from beyond da grave" guy, though.

Rest in peace, Butchie.

Danny Boy, it's funny how it took this topic for you to drop the snarky provocateur act and post something real! (Are we to conclude that it's your ambition to be a "Butch from the Cape"? A fine goal, but the bile is the easy part -- the key is personality. Simply dropping by with a "Kraft is cheap" bomb doesn't do the job. One genuinely clever and funny rant is worth a hundred of those. Put in the effort, provocateur!)

That guy was a shady character from what I recall hearing about him -- a professional bookie or something like that. One thing that seemed obvious to me was that his monologues were written out ahead of time.
VERy true...if one listened to JT the Brick overnight..they heard all the same things..BEFORE he was on EEI...I think he wasn't a bookmaker more of an enforcer..to put it gently...Didn't Hart Lee have a kneecap problem?/

We had to execute the hit. Sorry, but the results were worth it.

VERy true...if one listened to JT the Brick overnight..they heard all the same things..BEFORE he was on EEI...I think he wasn't a bookmaker more of an enforcer..to put it gently...Didn't Hart Lee have a kneecap problem?/

He wasn't either, he was a con-man and scam artist.

This link explains the story:

http://mcns.blogspot.com/2002_09_01_archive.html (scroll down a little)

The only thing I regret about that scumbag dying is that he missed the Red Sox winning the World Series and he missed the dynasty that the Patriots have become.

Danny Boy, it's funny how it took this topic for you to drop the snarky provocateur act and post something real! (Are we to conclude that it's your ambition to be a "Butch from the Cape"? A fine goal, but the bile is the easy part -- the key is personality. Simply dropping by with a "Kraft is cheap" bomb doesn't do the job. One genuinely clever and funny rant is worth a hundred of those. Put in the effort, provocateur!)

Glad to see youre right on top of things, Mrs. Moderator....I posted this, how many months ago?

The only thing I regret about that scumbag dying is that he missed the Red Sox winning the World Series and he missed the dynasty that the Patriots have become.

C'mon Quiggy...I thought you were better than that...the guy was classic...youre too thin skinned if he pissed you off....much like many people around here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes