PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Butch,Craig,Cowboy

Reaction score
Of course,everyone here remembers the late,great "Butch from The Cape,"the most celebrated(and probably the best)sports talk show caller in history.However,it's a
quantum crash from Butch to present-day callers such as "Craig from Rockland,"who be-
gan calling "The Ben Maller Show" as "Craig from Boston."This dude is the WORST
SPORTS TALK SHOW CALLER I've had the misfotune of hearing in my 45 years as a listener and caller.
By the way,how would you Pats fans who are also sports talk show listener/caller de-
scribe "Cowboy in Windsor," a veteran caller to Detroit-based and U.S.-syndicated
shows,particularly "The Ben Maller Show?"Cowboy,from what I've heard,is,though nearly 57(July 6)and a bald,brawny,beefy 5'8'',218 lb.,is a boyishly handsome black Windsor,Ont., Can. lad believed by many to be one of today's most interesting callers.

I'm told from friends in the Windsor,Ont.-Detroit,Mich.,area who listen to Cowboy's calls to the "Ben Maller Show" that instead of straight sports opinions,Cowboy begins his calls(his segment is called "Cowboy's Corner")with his giving the important sports AND historical events of the date of his call,going to his opinions of that day's sports topic,
mentioning the date and time,singing(in Cowboy's case,because of his distinct tenor
voice which belies his steer-wrestler-or "bull-dogger's-build{he sports 18'' BICEPS}
"braying' would be a much more accurate description of Cowboy's rendition of these
tunes)a portion of one of his favourite Country songs(Cowboy is attempting to launch a Country song-writing career),and closing his approximately three-minute segment by imploring a voluptuous lady,usually a buxom blonde(Cowboy's taste in women)to
"Save a horse,ride this handsome black cowboy!!!",as this Windsor lad is also desirous
of launching a VERY belated acting career.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back