PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

But yet I wonder?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DW Toys

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
The media and networks of the world like ESPN, The NFL Network, ABC, NBC CBS et.al offered up a picture of the the Pats lining up for a play and the Ref's having an issue with the ball the Pats were using prior to the snap.......in the 3rd quarter!!!

That clip was played over a million times. Kind of a bait and switch going on here?

So the public of the world sees the approved second half ball exchanged with another that was an approved unit after this terrible offense to humanity and the integrity of the game took place in this contest? Yet again, both balls in this image blasted to the world, were checked at half time and approved. O.K. then why hasn't someone called out the media on that?

Cousins, ya mean to tell me that maybe, just maybe the second half checked balls had some issues as well???

What if Good Old Mort's "Sources" happened to live in a State of say.....Nevada, and had large concerns over the friendly wagering that was going the Pats way after the pretty "decent" performance against the Colts? After all, the odds should be fair and square. I am sure the Mort has integrity unlike those rascals, the Pats. Money means nothing to Good Old Mort on a National sports forum I am sure.

O.K. Cousins on a second thought. If these "high power lawyers and investigators" for the NFL come up with nothing from security cameras, film nor interviews, does the possibility like an NFL equipment man has already stated, that the Refs sometimes just handle the game balls and approve them without a mechanical check, well then who apologizes to the Pats as the Official Spokesperson for the rest of the "Pats Haters" world? Troy Aikman? Brunell?

I hope they come up with nothing evil as we all do here, but in that case will UFOs and aliens now be unfairly blamed?

DW Toys

The media and networks of the world like ESPN, The NFL Network, ABC, NBC CBS et.al offered up a picture of the the Pats lining up for a play and the Ref's having an issue with the ball the Pats were using prior to the snap.......in the 3rd quarter!!!

That clip was played over a million times. Kind of a bait and switch going on here?

So the public of the world sees the approved second half ball exchanged with another that was an approved unit after this terrible offense to humanity and the integrity of the game took place in this contest? Yet again, both balls in this image blasted to the world, were checked at half time and approved. O.K. then why hasn't someone called out the media on that?

Cousins, ya mean to tell me that maybe, just maybe the second half checked balls had some issues as well???

What if Good Old Mort's "Sources" happened to live in a State of say.....Nevada, and had large concerns over the friendly wagering that was going the Pats way after the pretty "decent" performance against the Colts? After all, the odds should be fair and square. I am sure the Mort has integrity unlike those rascals, the Pats. Money means nothing to Good Old Mort on a National sports forum I am sure.

O.K. Cousins on a second thought. If these "high power lawyers and investigators" for the NFL come up with nothing from security cameras, film nor interviews, does the possibility like an NFL equipment man has already stated, that the Refs sometimes just handle the game balls and approve them without a mechanical check, well then who apologizes to the Pats as the Official Spokesperson for the rest of the "Pats Haters" world? Troy Aikman? Brunell?

I hope they come up with nothing evil as we all do here, but in that case will UFOs and aliens now be unfairly blamed?

DW Toys
The NFL could have played this differently. Methinks that the problem could be a "Ref" inspection issue and if that is the case...Rog; "O.K. now what do we do?. Let's ask Mortensen"
DW Toys

At the time, it was inferred by the announcers that the play was the result of the refs forgetting to change-out the kicking ball, as the play immediately followed a punt. That's still the most probable explanation.

I have had issues with how the NFL has released information.. either the Colts or NFL released the initial info to the Indy reporter early Morning..

Released info to Mort late Sunday nite...

Peter King wrote his MMQB article early Wednesday AM...

Friday they announced they are gonna do a "mega investigation" to find anything, something???

The NFL have controlled how information is released, and it was nice to see BB fight back yesterday..

Why doesn't someone contact Mallett, Hoyer, Cassel or even Bill O'Brien.. because they might not get the answers they like??

Take it for what it's worth. It was stated by some slimmy news source that the fiasco was due to the officials getting the footballs out late because it took time to re-inflating them. I'm not sure what ball they had originally set for play. Some say it was a kicking ball some say they were making the patriots use the colts footballs from the time the Pats footballs got removed in the 2nd quarter.

It did look like a big act.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back