Welcome to PatsFans.com

But Who Was Right – Rudy or Ron?

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by All_Around_Brown, May 18, 2007.

1. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

2. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

I said almost the same thing about Paul in another thread. This from Buchanan's piece:
    ..."Ron Paul is no TV debater. But up on that stage in Columbia, he was speaking intolerable truths. Understandably, Republicans do not want him back, telling the country how the party blundered into this misbegotten war."

That Pat Buchanan...what a liberal, un-American, liberal. More "hate" from the left!. Hate...hate...hate....

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/showthread.php?p=431075#post431075
    Last edited: May 18, 2007
  3. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

Ron is right, Rudy will be more of the same for 4 more years....americans....beware!
  4. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0

Agreed, but Paul ain't gonna get the nod either. Consider the source somewhat too. Buchanan, he's an isolationist just like Paul, and he couldn't get the nomination either. It's kinda grain of salt stuff.

Nobody's really putting thier head above the crowd for me yet.
  5. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

trueness

if this is the final field the republicans are presenting to america, its frickin sad.
  6. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +509 / 6 / -2

Paul has a point, as does Rudi. To say that the murder of 3,000 innocent civilians was the fault of the those who were murdered is wrong. When you say that the attacks of 9/11 were our own fault, that's kind of what you are saying. Maybe Paul didn't express himself as well as he would have liked to, and the forum, 60 second time alotment, didn't really permit him to. I'm guessing that if he had an open forum to express his views more completely, people would give his views the amount of credit they deserve. However, he came accross as justifying the attack, or as putting the blame on us, as opposed to those who actually did the murdering. Every cause has an effect. Obviously our foreign policy over the last 10, 20, or 100 years has contributed to the ferver that radicals feel towards us, but it is not the only reason, might not even be the majority reason that these people want to kill us. Radical (I stress radicals) have been killing infidels for centuries. Nothing is ever as easy as black and white. Is there validity to what Paul's basic point was intended to bring forth? Sure. Is his reasoning the only reason why radicals want to kill us? Absolutely not.
  7. Real World

Ratings:
    +509 / 6 / -2

Is it any worse, or better, than the field the Dems have put forth? The ENTIRE field is pathetic. Who is even qualified for the job? Who is the best qualified? A mayor, a senator, a guy who ran the olympics, an ambulance chaser, etc.
  8. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

For now....I'm writing in Dave Chappelle for president until someone better comes along. I know he doesn't want the nomination, but he and I have discussed his politics, and I agree with him 100%.

I ask those out there to go see Mr. Chapelle, talk with him, and see if you disagree. I think you'll find that he thinks outside of the box, and you'll walk away smiling.

Konichiwa---B!TCHES!
  9. Real World

Ratings:
    +509 / 6 / -2

He might karatacize my ass if I don't vote for him. :D