Welcome to PatsFans.com

But, But, But.....They're EXCITED!!!

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Mrs.PatsFanInVa, May 18, 2010.

1. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +619 / 12 / -5

#24 Jersey

State and local officials say backers of Republican U.S. Senate candidate Rand Paul have been removed by sheriff's deputies from an eastern Kentucky polling place after complaints that they were harassing voters.

Officials say Paul supporters were also asked to leave precincts in another county Tuesday while conducting exit polling.

Paul's campaign manager, David Adams, called the allegations "dubious," saying Democrats may have been behind the incidents.

Secretary of State spokesman Les Fugate said voters complained of harassment and electioneering by Paul supporters in Laurel County and exit polling in Jackson County. Secretary of State Trey Grayson is Paul's primary opponent on the ballot.

Laurel County Clerk Dean Johnson confirmed that deputies were called to remove Paul supporters from a polling place and the incident remains under investigation.

Read more: Deputies called to remove campaign workers - Politics - Wire - Kentucky.com

2. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +520 / 14 / -28

If you ain't playing dirty, you ain't being a politician.. old blood, new blood they are all the same.. bunch of scum sucking bottom feeders.

3. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +813 / 2 / -9

It's not uncommon, remember the Black Panthers at the polling place with their "billy clubs"

4. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +619 / 12 / -5

#24 Jersey

I remember how outraged you were - and how outraged you continued to be.....does that count as "remembering?"

Or have you forgotten that part now that it's "not uncommon?"

5. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +659 / 7 / -2

[​IMG]

6. Real World

Ratings:
    +659 / 7 / -2

It's tough to know whether or not the people are truly Paul supporters, plants from an opposing side, or sent by the campaign directly. Clearly, a politician cannot be responsible for the actions of lunatic supporters. Obama was not to blame for the Black Panthers showing up, and intimidating voters, just as no politician should be, unless they (or their campaign) send them directly. That's not to say it doesn't happen, but it's simply unfair to blame a pol for the actions of any loons that might support them.

7. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +813 / 2 / -9

Look at the jacket on The Panther Clown, one side's shorter than the other, he must have sewed it himself, he looks like he's going "trick or treating"----------------:singing:

Last edited: May 18, 2010
  8. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +228 / 6 / -3

#91 Jersey

Ever notice how the 'Children' immediatly one star any thread started by whom they consider to be a lefty? :singing:

Last edited: May 18, 2010
  9. Real World

Ratings:
    +659 / 7 / -2

I still can't understand why people would waste their time doing that. Grow up people!

10. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +813 / 2 / -9

Stars
    It's not me I don't even know how to do it...........:confused:

11. JackBauer

JackBauer Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +794 / 6 / -9

Is it true that Paul refused the concession call from Greyson?

12. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +619 / 12 / -5

#24 Jersey

Um, supposedly he was "in transit," according to his handlers.

I don't quite buy that, however. Does this mean he doesn't have a cell phone or that anyone with him doesn't have a cell phone? Come on, everyone's got a cell phone. Preschoolers carry cell phones. My 86 year old mother has a cell phone. Everyone in between has a cell phone.

Couldn't he have called him back, maybe?

HEBRON, Ky. -- After winning Kentucky's Republican primary Tuesday night, Bowling Green ophthalmologist Rand Paul refused to take the call of congratulations from opponent Trey Grayson, according to Grayson's campaign manager Nate Hodson.

Hodson did not elaborate, except to say "it happened."

"This is truly a classless act in politics," said Marc Wilson, a Republican lobbyist and friend of Trey Grayson.

In his concession speech, Grayson made no mention of the alleged slight.

"A couple of minutes ago I spoke to David Adams, the campaign manager for Dr. Paul, and congratulated Dr. Paul on his hard fought victory tonight and told him we would be standing side-by-side on Saturday at the Republican unity rally," Grayson told his supporters.

Paul's campaign manager, David Adams, tells 9 News, "Paul did not refuse Grayson's call. He was in transit and could not take the call."

Adams went on to say, "This sounds like a made up problem."

Campaign Manager: Rand Paul Refused Grayson's Call - Cincinnati breaking news, weather radar, traffic from 9News | Channel 9 WCPO.com

13. Real World

Ratings:
    +659 / 7 / -2

What petty stupidity people try to focus on. Forget the issues, who doesn't have a cell phone dammit!?! In transit? WTF, I want it now!

This is symbolic of what today's society has become. Last week, at my uncle's wake, his grandchildren had a TV playing family video's from the early 80's. To a person, all of us watching, even people who weren't in the video's, spoke of how much simpler life was then. One of the most mentioned villains, was the cell phone. People talked about how impatient society is, and how before people had to wait to talk to you, where as now, people harass you constantly. Ever lose your cell phone for a day or two, or have the battery run out? I have, and when it happens, I always say "I feel so naked without my cell phone". Crazy isn't it? It's probably why I enjoy my summer vaca to Italy so much. I leave my cell phone at home.

14. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +619 / 12 / -5

#24 Jersey

Do you honestly think that a candidate, on election night, would be without some method of communication?

Honestly?

15. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +813 / 2 / -9

Yes........

16. khayos

khayos In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Who cares.

17. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +813 / 2 / -9

-------:D:singing:-----

18. mcgraw_wv

mcgraw_wv In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Better question is do you honestly feel this threatened by Rand, that your trying to sling nonsensical mud already? Let the man enjoy his victory.