PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Busy day for Belichick on Wednesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmt57

Staff member
Reaction score
I guess it is safe to say that there won't be any roster moves or other major announcements coming out of Foxboro tomorrow.

2009 Travelers Celebrity Pro-Am

Bill Belichick, Brian Belichicka nd Rob Morrow will be teeing off at 8:10 am in the Travelers Celebrity Pro-Am golf tournament in Cromwell CT. Other notable groups include one with Chris Berman, Doug Flutie and Dwight Evans, and another with Roger Staubach and Joe Pesci; the Celtics' Ray Allen will also be there.

The 8th Annual Tradition

After finishing golfing and then several hours of breaking down film, at 5:30 pm Belichick will present Troy Brown as he is inducted in to the Boston Sports Museum Hall of Fame at TD Banknorth Garden. Other inductees include Curt Schilling, Sam Jones, Ken Hodge, Jack Parker, Jerry York and Nancy Kerrigan, who will be presented by Tonya Harding.

I guess it is safe to say that there won't be any roster moves or other major announcements coming out of Foxboro tomorrow.

2009 Travelers Celebrity Pro-Am

Bill Belichick, Brian Belichicka nd Rob Morrow will be teeing off at 8:10 am in the Travelers Celebrity Pro-Am golf tournament in Cromwell CT. Other notable groups include one with Chris Berman, Doug Flutie and Dwight Evans, and another with Roger Staubach and Joe Pesci; the Celtics' Ray Allen will also be there.

The 8th Annual Tradition

After finishing golfing and then several hours of breaking down film, at 5:30 pm Belichick will present Troy Brown as he is inducted in to the Boston Sports Museum Hall of Fame at TD Banknorth Garden. Other inductees include Curt Schilling, Sam Jones, Ken Hodge, Jack Parker, Jerry York and Nancy Kerrigan, who will be presented by Tonya Harding.
Who's gonna get Tonya paroled?

Who's gonna get Tonya paroled?
Jeff Gillooly, of course!
News2_3.jpg

tonya_montage.jpg

You had me worried for a minute. How crazy would that be? The truth is she will be presented by her husband/agent.

Joe Pesci should be acting and NOT playing golf. :mad:

Apparently this isn't working today:

sarcasm_detector.jpg

Last edited:
Some photos of Bill Belichick and Ray Allen from the golf tournament:
47680246.jpg

47679384.jpg

47679404.jpg

A little more on tonight's event: 'Tradition' takes center stage by Lenny Megliola of the Metrowest Daily News:

Ticketholders get a bonus. Bill Belichick will present Brown and Russell will present his old teammate and confidant Jones. What about Schilling, you say? He'll be presented by Dr. Bill Morgan. We might hear the now legendary phrase "bloody sock" once or twice.

Johnson wonders if Belichick and Schilling have ever had a chance to talk. "I'd love to be a fly on the wall for that. This is like throwing a party. Some of the honorees haven't had a lot of time to interact."

Also he has to finalize the trade for Peppers. He's gonna sleep well tonight!
;)

A follow up to the golfing event via the Middletown (CT) Press:

Asked if the rain affected his golf game in the Pro-Am, he said, “Nothing affects my game. I can’t recall what my score was but as a group we were 15-under. It was fun.”

That sounds like Belichick: always focused; nothing can distract him.

Belichick was also asked about Darius Butler.

“He’s a great kid who continues to work at it,” Belichick said. “If he continues to work at it, we have high expectations for him to be a good player for us. He comes from a solid background with Randy Edsall and that UConn program.”

The foursome with Belichick and his son finished third with a score of 55.

Travelers_Championship88e98b52-0ece-44ee-bf8b-5066b0a712e00001_20090624233836_320_240.JPG

More video of BB presenting Troy Brown with his award. It starts out with an interview with Tedy Bruschi, speaking about his own fund raiser golf tournament and the offseason.

Patriots Today - Troy honored, Tedy golfs, more

Nice clip.

Mellow Bill -- tributes to Troy obviously from the heart. Funny line from John Morris (Belichick: I learned a lot in Detroit. Morris: So did I -- I learned it was time to retire.) Also: Brian Lowe is like a little kid. He can't wait for training camp. Good for you, Brian!

Am I the ONLY ONE who finds this extremely IRONIC? :p

Am I the ONLY ONE who finds this extremely IRONIC? :p
That was not true; it was my (failed) attempt at a bit of humor.

I figured a 'j/k' was not necessary but I neglected to remember that saying something to somebody (e.g., face to face or telephone conversation), and putting the same conversation in print (e.g., e-mail, fan forum, etc.) can result in two completely different impressions.

Perhaps the best analogy would be when Tom Brady, in self-deprecating humor, sarcastically said "I still can't run, I still can't jump" when asked about how he was with the injury to his ankle in the AFCCG. The AP soon ran a story about how he couldn't run, which ran in all the major outlets - including espn, cbs sports, fox sports and others.

Apologies for the confusion; I'll try to remember to use some goofy icon or a j/k when I'm in a sarcastic mood in the future.

Another column on Troy Brown's induction to The Sports Museum of Boston's Hall of Fame.

Boston Sports Legends Honored - Bostonist

Troy Brown stole the show as he told a story that left the crowd laughing and coach Bill Belichick speechless.

So what was the story?

The short version was that he was amped up to play before a game, got to lead the team out of the tunnel and was pulled aside for a pre-game on field interview but he was out of breath and couldn't talk. In his own words during the ceremony, he "blew his wad before the game!"

3 seconds of silence followed by roars of laughter, Belichick went to say something, turned red, and put the mic down. It was an instant classic.

troy%20brown.jpg
bill%20belichick.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing