Welcome to PatsFans.com

Busted companies still hold Gillette Stadium luxury boxes

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by ForThoseAboutToRock, Sep 25, 2009.

1. ForThoseAboutToRock

ForThoseAboutToRock Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

#50 Jersey

Thanks to a work connection, I was able to watch the Sunday U2 from one of the luxury boxes in Gillette. Wonderful time, enjoyed it thoroughly. When taking a walk around the concourse area up there, my jaw nearly hit the floor at two of the nameplates that were up on the door of some of the other boxes: Lehman Brothers, The Boston Globe...

Perhaps they're locked into long term contracts to pay for these things - but if there's any way out, it seems very controversial to me if they're purposely still occupying them. I guess I shouldn't be surprised at big businesses behaving poorly since AIG is still paying out millions to their new CEO and probably a lot of their other executives, despite having 180Bn of the US taxpayer's money keeping them propped up.
  2. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +611 / 4 / -12

#87 Jersey

I see no problem with this. Bob Kraft takes money invested and has re-invested it in the local community. He has a great economic engine humming up there in Foxboro. Contributing to state and local taxes, employment and traffic to the state from other states. Regardless of where the income comes from ... I don't see it as bad in this instance.

His idea of the hotel is especially great as out of state visitors don't have to fear commute to the stadium and there's plenty for them to do if they stay a few days. The close proximity of the "T" means you can visit without the car a car rental. I'd love to see the numbers of outside visitors coming to see a game, the HOF, and the city of Boston in general because of what he has done.
  3. ForThoseAboutToRock

ForThoseAboutToRock Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

#50 Jersey

I have no problem with Bob Kraft taking their money to fill luxury boxes... I'm more amazed that the companies themselves are still shelling out despite L.Bros going bankrupt and the Globe playing hardball with their workers. Don't they have better things to do with their $ than host football parties in the lap of luxury?
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2009
  4. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +195 / 7 / -23

Could these be long term contracts, that are expensive to break.. or prepaid??