PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bust watch

I hope Brother Blackmon rights'is ship before it sinks.

Whatever his Demons ~ or utter lack of Judgment ~ off the field, my impression is that he is an absolutely outstanding teammate, a dedicated Blocker, and a reliable, tenacious Receiver.

I pray that this wakes him up, because he is sliding rapidly towards the Abyss.

He has to understand what this opportunity is. He apologized heavily for his first offense, but he looks like a hypocrite when testing so high that it looks blatant in his disregard for the rules.

I remember doing incredibly foolish things at an early age, but I got them out of my system by the time I was 23. A lot of these guys just don't have the proper support group to steer them on the right path.

I'm afraid that the "hypocrite" comment is all too accurate.

At 207 pounds or so, he would have to ingest 11 drinks to instantly reach 24 Points ~ .24%.

Assuming that this was more of a social occasion ~ several hours out with the boys ~ he would've had to ingest an additional drink every 40 minutes in order to sustain that 24 Point Level.

That's 3 drinks every 2 hours.

So if he was out for, say, 6 hours, that, ladies and gentlemen, is 20 Drinks. :eek:

Brother Blackmon's got'imself a problem.

At 207 pounds or so, he would have to ingest 11 drinks to instantly reach 24 Points ~ .24%.

Assuming that this was more of a social occasion ~ several hours out with the boys ~ he would've had to ingest an additional drink every 40 minutes in order to sustain that 24 Point Level.

So if he was out for, say, 6 hours, that, ladies and gentlemen, is 20 Drinks. :eek:

The .24 was measured at the time that Blackmon was stopped, which was an unknown time after he stopped drinking. So presumably his maximum blood alcohol level was higher by some amount. We don't know whether or not that amount was significantly higher.

You can't declare it a flat 20 drinks. There's way too many other factors that go into it. What did he have to eat, did he drink any water, what type of booze was it? ETC.

No matter he has to smarten up. I rarely have more than a beer or two or a glass of wine with dinner when out but if I know I'm going to be out with people who like to booze it's easy to partake and yet CYA. I will match my drinks with a glass of water for each. Make sure I eat something solid. Drinking Guinness is a favorite trick because you get full long before you get drunk.

The Long Island Ice Tea throws off all the ratios, you don't need to many of those puppies to get you wreaked.

The Long Island Ice Tea throws off all the ratios, you don't need to many of those puppies to get you wreaked.

In my prime, I could do 4-5 Long Islands ( alcohol heavy and served in a pint glass) over the course of a night (4-5 hours).. Beyond that and I was beyond plastered..

And this was done with the full 5 alcohols (Vodka, Gin, Rum, Tequila, and TripleSec). Not many places serve it with all 5.. many of them leave out the TripleSec.

Last edited:
I don't watch any college games so I can't make any judgements on who wil or won't be a bust. Thanks for all the help folks.

Tavon Feckin Wilson

Not a chance. He is a good kid who is not going to be sponsoring Gangsta parties at his house like Aldon Smith. Nor do I see a huge, no-skill flame-out like Jamarcus Rusell.

At the worst Wilson will be JAG, a solid player who was drafted 3-4 rounds too early. But this is not certain at this point, and he could turn to be a major contributor as you would expect at 48. On paper he seems like a reach but not a bust; we shall see.

Brandon Weeden.

Oldest first round pick ever, seriously.

EDIT: Plus he's on the Browns, LOL.

Last edited:

Apparently you haven't been to college. :bricks:

Quentin Coples - Gholston 2.0
Dontari Poe - Just didn't face good competition to get a fair grade on him
Ryan Tannehill - Will be thrown into the fire WAY too soon. Hopefully it will that first game verses NE
Melvin Ingram - Larry English 2.0
Kendall Wright - Is going to lose a lot of reps to Washington and Britt. Also will have Locker throwing to him
A. J. Jenkins - Has to battle Crabtree, Manningham, and Moss for reps. Also has Alex Smith throwing him the ball
David Wilson - Won't see the field much if Bradshaw stays healthy. This pick was a surprise reach after TB swooped in and stole Doug Martin from them.

How did everyone do on their bust watch?
Coples is already better than Gholston so I was wrong there. I still don't think he'll do much in this league. He can't stop the run for anything.
Poe never stepped up and probably has a lot of learning to do.
Wright did OK as a rookie. He'll probably never hit his ceiling unless there is a QB change or Washington/Britt exit the team.
I was dead on about Jenkins. SF had no reason to draft a WR there, but thankfully for them their team is stacked.
I still think Wilson was a reach in the first round, but he did look good in the last couple games. Maybe he grew up a little.

Tavon F Wilson did nothing whatsoever to justify a 48th overall selection.

Tavon F Wilson did nothing whatsoever to justify a 48th overall selection.

4 INT's
4 starts
Played in all 16 games

Would suggest otherwise. Thats ok production from a rookie who was supposed to be a project. He did play 42% of the snaps.

He's no Gronk but he's no Brace or Butler either.

Obviously one year is early, but here we go:

1. Melvin Ingram DE - Got extended playing time all season long and was mediocre as a pass rusher for the Chargers. Picking up future superstud Kendall Reyes in the second round :)mad:) has alleviated his mediocrity for San Diego.

2. Dre Kirkpatrick CB - The Bengals had to be expecting to get more than a gunner when they selected Kirkpatrick in the top 20. Can't get on the field on defense.

Lastly, with Chris Clemons done for the season, we're about to find out what Bruce Irvin is really made of.

2. Dre Kirkpatrick CB - The Bengals had to be expecting to get more than a gunner when they selected Kirkpatrick in the top 20. Can't get on the field on defense.

I had Kirkpatrick as the Patriots pick in round 1 glad I was wrong on that one!

4 INT's
4 starts
Played in all 16 games

Would suggest otherwise. Thats ok production from a rookie who was supposed to be a project. He did play 42% of the snaps.

He's no Gronk but he's no Brace or Butler either.

Wilson had better or comparable production to the following 2nd round picks:

#63 Rueben Randle, WR, Giants: 16 games, 1 start, 19 receptions, 298 yards, 3 TDs
#61 LaMichael James, RB, 49ers: 4 games, 0 starts, 27 carries, 125 yards, 0 TDs
#59 Vinny Curry, DE, Eagles: 6 games, 0 starts, 9 tackles
#57 Brock Oseiler, QB, Denver: 5 games, 0 starts, 4 attempts, 2 completions, 0 TDs
#56 Mike Adams, OT, Pittsburgh: 10 games, 6 starts
#54 Ryan Broyles, WR, Detroit: 10 games, 3 starts, 22 receptions, 310 yards, 2 TDs
#53 Devon Still, DT, Cincinnati: 8 games, 0 starts, 14 tackles, 0.5 sacks, 1 FF
#51 Jerel Worthy, DE/DT, Green Bay: 14 games, 4 starts, 2.5 sacks, 1 FF
#50 Isaiah Pead, RB, St. Louis: 15 games, 1 start, 10 rushes, 54 yards, 0 TDs; 2 fumbles (1 lost)
#49 Kendell Reyes, DE, San Diego: 16 games, 4 starts, 28 tackles, 5.5 sacks - the sacks are nice, but the other numbers aren't special, and overall it's not any better than what Wilson produced
#43 Stephen Hill, WR, NY Jets: 11 games, 8 starts, 21 receptions, 252 yards, 3 TDs
#38 Andre Branch, DE, Jacksonville: 13 games, 3 starts, 12 tackles, 1 sack, 1 PD, 1 FF (a player many had the Pats taking ahead of Chandler Jones)
#33 Brian Quick, WR, St. Louis: 13 games, 1 start, 11 receptions, 156 yards, 2 TDs - not much more production than #33 pick Ras-I Dowling the year before, and Dowling only played in 2 games

So Tavon Wilson with his 16 games played, 4 starts, 41 tackles, 6 PD and 4 INTs doesn't seem that terrible.

I posted this in another thread, but it's worth repeating since he seems to be a popular topic here. Reyes had 2 sacks in the 15 games where the Jets weren't trying to get their team snitch (McElroy) killed. The Jets allowed 11 sacks that game, three and a half of which were from Reyes. And it all worked out; McElroy was concussed and missed the last game of the season.

I posted this in another thread, but it's worth repeating since he seems to be a popular topic here. Reyes had 2 sacks in the 15 games where the Jets weren't trying to get their team snitch (McElroy) killed. The Jets allowed 11 sacks that game, three and a half of which were from Reyes. And it all worked out; McElroy was concussed and missed the last game of the season.

He played great though. Inconsistent, but when he figures it out.. oh my. Players who can excel in two-gap and one-gap schemes are rare. You're a smart enough guy to know that statistical production rarely paints a complete picture of a player.

Last edited:

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back