Welcome to PatsFans.com

Business Leaders Warn Of Government Plan To Seize Control Of All Water Sources

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Terry Glenn is a cowgirl, Oct 30, 2007.

1. Terry Glenn is a cowgirl

Terry Glenn is a cowgirl Banned

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Business Leaders Warn Of Government Plan To Seize Control Of All Water Sources [/FONT]
    [FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]'Legislation quietly moving forward in the U.S. Congress would expand the federal government's control over U.S. waters to such an extent that even periodically wet ground would come under federal hegemony, a group of business leaders is warning. [/FONT]
    [FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]"This bill represents one of the most expansive power grabs by the federal government over state and local control in memory," said Jim Sims, President and CEO of the Western Business Roundtable. "The extent to which this bill puts states and their water resources under the thumb of the federal government is simply astounding."'[/FONT]

http://www.salem-news.com/articles/october252007/water_control_102507.php

2. Stokes

Stokes In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

This is an interesting issue, I remember reading about it when the Supreme Court decided the 2006 case. Google it if you have a chance, it was a typical example of gov't overreaching their authority into private property. I agree with the more restrictive interpretation of what constitutes waters that the gov't can regulate. Let's hope the bill doesn't pass, though I'm sure the Dems will trumpet it as necessary to protect the environment, marshland and such. "Someone please think of the children!"

By the way, not sure if it matters to you, but did you think you would be on the same side of an issue as conservative Republicans and Justice Scalia?