Welcome to PatsFans.com

Bushs Latest Crony Appointment

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by All_Around_Brown, Jan 6, 2006.

1. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

2. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

That's not as crazy as some people will think it is. I think he actually picks underqualified candidates because it centralizes control and lets Bush's inner circle micromanage agencies. Besides, as a guy who does everything by the seat of his pants, I don't know if he values experience and education as much as "gut feeling".
  3. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

He's a uniter though. He is such a uniter, that he needs to rely almost solely on recess appointments to get his way. He is uniting Republicans against him almost as quickly as democrats and independants.
  4. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Lol, I almost forgot his Campaign 2000 election speeches about "changing the political climate" in Washington and bringing civilized discourse to politics.
  5. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Ah yes, the rhetoric in that election was beautiful. I was almost convinced. I did fall for the contract with america shtick, but as we see now, that quickly turned into culture of corruption.
  6. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

I think the undereducated often rely on gut feelings, even when it disagrees with established facts. That's why there's so much distrust of the scientific community.

And I wish Bush was just a total ass. I went to the Pats/Jets game in NY, and I was a total ass to Jets fans. Unfortunately Bush is much, much worse than that. It's tough to find words strong enough to describe how much I hate him, his politics, and his policies.
  7. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Barney, the president's Scottish Terrier, has lobbied doggedly to have Mrs. Beazley, another Scottish Terrier of the fair sex, installed as the first lady's personal White House pet.

Allies of Spot, the late White House dog, are crying foul and claiming nepotism. "That ***** has the job only because Barney knows her. I smell a cat!" protested Spot's former handler.
  8. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

OK, so he did sap the treasury and turn world sentiment against us....at least he gave us Barney Cam!!!
  9. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +295 / 1 / -7

Maybe before he appoints someone he should ask "Phil Donahue" if it's OK.

Bush Is The President.
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2006