Welcome to PatsFans.com

Bush's foreign friends fading fast

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Patters, Jul 4, 2006.

1. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +265 / 10 / -11

Why do we need friends, when we can deficit spend the entire war? Besides, if we turn friends into enemies, then history might really remember Bush as the War President.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060704/ap_on_go_pr_wh/bush_s_foreign_friends

Most of the leaders who defied criticism at home to stand with him on
    Iraq and win his friendship are no longer players on the world stage, or are on their way out. And it was a small band of brothers to begin with.

British Prime Minister Tony Blair has said he'll step down before the next national election and is coming under increasing pressure from his own party to do it sooner. Japanese Prime Minister Junichiro Koizumi paid a farewell visit to the United States last week. He is leaving office in September.

Italy's Silvio Berlusconi resigned in early May after his party's election losses. Spain's Jose Maria Aznar was earlier forced out of office, the first casualty of supporting Bush on Iraq.

"It can be a little lonely at the top. And to have stalwart friends like Koizumi or John Howard in Australia or Prime Minister Blair matters a lot," said Michael Green, a former Bush national security aide.
  2. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

That's OK... we all know that when the crap hits the fan in their own countries, or some 2-bit dictator invades some other nation or whatever, the first people they all come running to for help are the Americans. I am actually quite used to the rest of the world being miserable ingrates so this is nothing new.
  3. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +237 / 8 / -13

Just goes to show that doing the right is difficult, that's why most politicans take the easy way out rather than doing the right thing.
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2005
  4. Pats726

Pats726 Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

If you believe it's the right thing...then I know definietly it is NOT anything close to that..
  5. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand Rookie

Ratings:
    +99 / 7 / -14

#37 Jersey

The world needs ballet dancers and chello players, thank you for your contribution to society.
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2006
  6. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +237 / 8 / -13

Thanks coming from you that is a real compliment.:D
  7. Pats726

Pats726 Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

and we know what your contributions are..and they are flushed down the toilet..thank you..
  8. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +237 / 8 / -13

PFIEL is serving in the military and defending you right to be silly. You sould just say Thank You Sir and move on.
  9. Blue Collar

Blue Collar Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

You want to get his full attention, explain how clinton and all democrats destroyed everything related to america. And when explaining how bush ran up the deficit or fugged up on bin laden in tora bora, IT'S ALWAYS IMPORTANT to show that bush wasn't at fault it was clinton or some other democrat from 1868. The buck doesn't stop at the president(hell THAT BUCK FLEW OUT THE WINDOW WHEN KING GEORGE CLAIMED THE THRONE. You know he really is a ''decent man'' and all his errors can be attributed to clinton or some long dead democrat..I believe it's due to a new medical condition attributed to being a bush addict and it's really not his fault, because he is a victim.Accountability is so blas'e.
  10. PatsFanInEaglesLand

Ratings:
    +99 / 7 / -14

#37 Jersey

Yeah and here is your attention span.

mediamatters or left wing propaganda films. What an open mind you have simpleton.
  11. Blue Collar

Blue Collar Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

There not putting word's in your god's mouth's, ya some of the link's are funded by dem's. How do they make powell or rice say what they said on the link in my signature? How do they make george bush say he will abide the constitution before he doesn't abide the constitution? You have some explaining to do, let's hear your explanations on how they did that? I will be here and waiting! and so will everyone else. If You are going to make that kind of claim you have to back it up??????
  12. PatsFanInEaglesLand

Ratings:
    +99 / 7 / -14

#37 Jersey

Anyone with a PC and half a brain can cut and paste a speech it is not very hard. Mediamatters is run by 2 very dishonest people so , yeah I don't put anything by them considering the money Soros can pay for a video expert.

Lets take a look at who runs MM

http://decision08.net/2006/06/06/media-matters-sophistry-over-truth/

As for your little clip you have, no dates, and it says him, do we not know that could be KJI, or someone else, and if it was Saddam it could of been taken out of contexed because it doesn't show but 10 seconds.

Also, just because I disagree with you, doesn't mean I think Bush is "god" nice rhetoric though, learned that very well fron the left. I can only tell you how I feel but democrats scare the hell out of me, so to me Bush is OK(could be a lot better), but he is not Al Gore or John Kerry and to me that was the most important thing.
  13. Blue Collar

Blue Collar Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

HERE'S a document on powells feb 2001 speech in cairo.
    http://www.thememoryhole.org/war/powell-cairo.htm
    Mea culpa on the god rhetoric.
    Dem's scare me too, remember I'm a blue collar dem who hunt's and fish and builds small bombs ands blows **** up with oxygen and acetylene bombs for kick's But at the same time bush has effected me with his policies om illegal aliens that have reduced my pay and of course the iraq war, which I didn't support from the beginning, and only support what their doing now , so we can fix it and get the hell out of there, cuz otherwise bush made that place afghanistan circa 90 Bush's video on the constitution crap is real and was on every network as is most of that crap that I posted, Just those links are lunatic dem links and thats why you don't believe. Anyway I'm beat, will bark tommorow.