Welcome to PatsFans.com

Bush's Environment Part I

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by All_Around_Brown, Apr 6, 2006.

1. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

WATER:

In an effort to satisfy the relentless greed of his corporate cronies, Bush has set out to reverse years of Clean Water Act regulation on multiple fronts. Last year, a policy called "Sewage Blending" was introduced as an overt attempt to loosen the regulation of treatment of wastewater. The result of this weaking would have been increased fouling of shellfish beds, higher levels of untreated waste discharged to our lakes streams and harbors...eventually of course threatening our beaches and everywhere else we come into contact with water.

The public outcry and a bipartisan effort in Congress forced the EPA to reverse its attempt to roll back wastewater controls.

More here: http://cleanwateraction.org/backgrounder2.htm, http://www.irc.nl/page/23970, http://ehscenter.bna.com/pic2/ehs.nsf/id/BNAP-6CKBWK?OpenDocument

2. scout

scout Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

The environment has to be on the Democrats platform in any of the upcoming elections. The only reason why Bush is not being castrated on his environmental policies is due to his total incompetence on war and deficits.

3. All_Around_Brown

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

4. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

5. shirtsleeve

shirtsleeve In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I dunno, I got 1 wrong, and feel pretty good about the course we're on!

6. All_Around_Brown

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

So you don't mind a little taste of poopy in your water then?

7. scout

scout Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

In regards to todays current affairs, I would be all in favor of Republicans eating sh!t.

8. shirtsleeve

shirtsleeve In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Naaawww, got drilled well water. Poopie water is for city dwellers!:D (Oh and before you ask, I am on the top of a hill and my septic system runs away from my well toward the center of town.)

Seriously, although some of the things this admin is doing concerning the environment may be a bit overdone, something had to be done to correct the horrific green movement that had all but crushed any industrial efforts in this nation. A balance needs to be struck.

9. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,153 / 5 / -10

Where are all these Illegal Aliens going to have bowel movements?

Does Al Gore scoop up his "Bowel Movement" and put it in a Baggie?

I wonder what Uncle Teddy does :singing:

If human sh!t ever becomes of value, poor people will be born without rectums.

(I'm not allowed to say the "A-H" word) I will recieve a warning
    :bricks:

Last edited: Apr 7, 2006
  10. All_Around_Brown

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Wells can actually be worse...depending on where you live. For example, I grew up in a rural area where unbeknownst to our little tight knit community, one neighbor was dumping toxic waste on his property in bulk...direct from the local Naval shipyard. Deteriorated drums were discovered out in the open on his property with Portsmouth Naval Shipyard printed on them. Tests showed a variety of neurotoxins, PCBs, and a variety of carcinogens in local wells...but nonetheless, he got paid a pretty good sum for simply putting waste on his lot.

The family down the street had hair falling out and red blistering rashes from the use of their wells over the course of a decade or so. My bet is that their quality of life is nowhere close to what it once was. I doubt they'll ever be fairly compensated for their neighbor ruining their lives. We were fortunate to be "upstream" in the aquifer.

Is that the balance that needs to be struck? Industrial polluters can threaten property and health of their communities, with impunity?

What has this administration done to ensure clean drinking water for future generations? Virtually nothing. The clean up of NPL superfund sites has slowed to a crawl since Bush took office. Not a priority.