PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bush to 49ers

Surprising signing. Of all the NFL cities, you'd think San Francisco would have been the least likely to chase Bush.

8. I talked to a Bills fan I know and he was not as high on Chandler as we are, though he acknowledged that he was great against the Pats. No so much against the rest of the league. Too many drops and only an average blocker was his assessment.
Chandler had six catches for 105 yards vs. the Patriots in Buffalo, and one for 20 in Foxboro this past season. I was at both games and think his performance in Buffalo had much to do with how the Pats defense was playing him. Our focus seemed to be on curbing their WRs as Chandler got a lot of free releases and seemed most of the time to be largely unchallenged getting open down the seams. Although, he does deserve credit for making the catches and certainly can absorb hard hits.

Chandler had six catches for 105 yards vs. the Patriots in Buffalo, and one for 20 in Foxboro this past season. I was at both games and think his performance in Buffalo had much to do with how the Pats defense was playing him. Our focus seemed to be on curbing their WRs as Chandler got a lot of free releases and seemed most of the time to be largely unchallenged getting open down the seams. Although, he does deserve credit for making the catches and certainly can absorb hard hits.
Well I think that's the point. With Gronk on the other side, wouldn't you think Chanler would get a lot of free releases??? THAT'S what would make him so dangerous, IF it turns out he's an adequate blocker.

The point is that Chandler by himself is just a run of mill NFL TE. Its Chandler in conjunction with Gronk that makes this possibly a very appealing combo.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back